National Liquidators / Terrible service!

1915 Southwest 21st AvenueFort Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:
4.3
Phone: 954-791-9601

On February 18, 2008 I called the Boat & Yacht Liquidators to put an offer on 2003 Sea Fox boat, after talking to Bill on speaker phone with two people listening to the conversation Bill? indicated to us the boat comes with it own trailer, so my bid was in line with the market value and what the boat worth. A week went by and didn't hear from the them, so I called them and asked to talk to the sales manager to inquire about my offer. Bob sounded very confused At first he said the bank counter offer has not came in yet !!then he said trailer is not included!! Then asked me if I want to increase my bid by more than one thousand.

I asked him why do I have to increase my bid? when I have not heard from you on my first bid? Bob didn' know what to say but he mange to tell me that some one else over bid me. I asked for approval, his answer was look if you interested in the boat you should pay for more I asked about the trailer his response was $1500 more for the trailer!! I told him that the Boat way over priced and their business practice should be investigated.

No wonder this company can NOT have real time action! Can NOT use legal auction like Ebay or even be honest about what they sell. They will advertise for a Boat and then when some one show interest in the boat, they change their ad on their web site like take out the trailer for extra money and tell you that you were over bid on a boat has been setting for months if not years. DO NOT buy from them and search other real time actions sites like Ebay.com govdeals.com and do your home work you could be saving lots of money.

Since they operate in Florida, California and other states, the FBI should be investigating this company for their criminal activities of extorting money from the Boat owner and buyers.
Va

Comments

Co
  14th of Mar, 2008
hey they even took my boat when it was not suppose to be taken....hmmm, magine that....no exlpanation other than, "oppps" but we need our fees....
Me
  17th of Jul, 2008
My husband and I bought a boat from National Liquidators last month, and could not have been happier. Sometimes the auction process is hard (we lost out on our first choice as we were out bid), but we saved a pile of money the next auction cycle on a different boat. the guy who runs the California office (Robert I think) took great care of us. I suspect this is a case of being out bid and mad about it.
Vi
  7th of Jul, 2010
I agree with Mellisa, I have bought several units from them, and they have been nothing but VERY straight forward - also, the website you posted is sooooo not a National Liquidators site - maybe that was/is your problem, you couldn't get your information down correctly. Its hard to buy a boat from a lumber company...the site and auction process is fully legal, that is why they are nationwide and have been doing business for over a decade. As far as extortion from the boat owners???, those are banks that own the units (repossessed), and its very hard to extort money from a buyer when everything is down on paper.that is a pretty serious allegation to make...stop being angry and try again, you may find a good deal for a good boat.

To Comforer - your an idiot...if you paid your bills, it wouldn't have been repo'd, and how is it National Liquidators fault they repossessed the boat...I believe the order to repossess comes from a lien holder not just out of a hat