National Lendings Group / Scam and lies!

1 313 West Ferry StBuffalo, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-375-1405

I was approved for $7, 500 business loan. They requested an advance payment of $1350.00, collateral to be applied to loan principal-first 6 payments. Advised that this was a personal lender, the funds were to be sent via moneygram to a Shawn Novello, Barrie, Ontario, Canada. Funds were to wired to my checking account within 48 hours. When I called to check why the funds were not in my account, I was advised to contact customer service. Needless to say I have been able to speak with anyone, and no return calls. My loan representative was Kevin Wrighting, cell phone contact # [protected], there was also a [protected]. I requested that funds should be deposited with 24 hours or else refund the advance payment. I contacted the Buffalo police department & asked that they check out the address, I was called back & informed that the business at this location was Blue Wireless.

I have filed reports with the FBI, & consumer relations Us/Canada-internet fraud. I received another call today from a Heritage lending, basically offering a loan, again asking for funds to be paid by moneygram-sent to Canada.

Va

Comments

Ku
  18th of Mar, 2008

I just wanted to say thank you for writing this submission. My sister called me just as we were going to go to the bank to withdraw the money to send via moneygram. I researched the Better Business Bureau and this site and we decided not to send the money to National Lendings Group. The same numbers and names you posted are the same ones we had. I am sorry for your loss, but thanks. I hope you find some comfort in knowing that you prevented the loss of even more money. God bless.

Ma
  20th of Mar, 2008

I went threw the same thing i was approved for a 5, 000 dollar loan and they requested me to pay a 950.00 collertral deposit and i did and they stated that in 24 hours i would receive the loan.they took my money and never sent me the loan they are a rip off i called kevin wrighting back and requested a refund they said i had to wait thirty day but i no they not going to send me my money back.i am sorry for your loss also and mines i have a lawyer and i contact the attorney gerenal office in buffalo new york.i hope they catch these scam artist.

27th of Mar, 2008

This is a scam. I was taken by $1000 just today. Don't get involved with them

Ke
  28th of Mar, 2008

First, I would like say, I'm sorry for your loss, and I was also approved for $20, 000.00 with collateral of $1940.00. Something told me to Google them, and that’s when I found these complaints. I'd tried calling Amy Freeman today, but all her calls were going to voice mail. Please beware of NATIONAL LENDINGS GROUP. A friend of mine also called the Attorney's Generals office in New York, and she was told to stay away from those companies asking for a deposit. Any fees should be taken from the loan. God Bless

31st of Mar, 2008

I am yet another person who was taken by this scam. They got $900 from me for a loan promissed of $6500 and they never deposited the money as promissed. Anyone considering using this they are a complete SCAM!!! Do not give them any of your information or money!

Ar
  1st of Apr, 2008

I talk to nationallendinggroup and they stated tey are located in californiathe number is 1-800-901-6701 i sent them 900.00 for a collertral fee for 5000 dollar loan they took my money and i never receieve the loan.they are also at @nationallendinggroup.net i spoke with amy freemon.this is a scam dont give them any money.This is there new web site dont trust them./

An
  1st of Apr, 2008

I just seen this complaint board and the samething happen to me. on 2/29/2008 i appiled for a loan from nationallendinggroup.net in calfornia for 20, 000 for my home and i paid a collateral fee of 3, 000 dollars with in twenty four hour i was suppose to get the loan deposit in my account the next day.they never deposited it at all this company is a rip off and a scam.i called the police and states attorney office and they will look into this.there number is 1-800-375-1405 ext112 and loan officer name is kimberly turner.

Ly
Buffalo
New York
Phone: 1-800-375-1405
nationallendingsgroup.com

I was called to say a loan for $7500 was approved, I was advised that a advance payment due of $1377.00, to be applied for the first 6 payment, needed to be sent via moneygram. I sent the payment, belive me I checked out this company, had the Buffalo police deptment check out the address, also checked out websites for any complaints, this payment was sent to the private lender located in barrie, ontario, canada. The funds were to be wired to my checking account, never received funds, I called, they advised more funds were needed, I declined and ask for a refund.Today attempts to reach them show the number is no longer available, I have filed complaints with several agencies, never hearing back.

Ro
  5th of Apr, 2008

I to was scammed by this place I was approved for a personal loan for 13, 000.00 I was told I would need 1, 680.00 down this was my first 7 payments which were to be 240.00 per month. So it all added up when I called the BBB before sending the money they only said there had been no complaints against
this company. So I felt ok with completing the transaction.

After I sent the money I was contacted by their customer support and was informed that I would need to send four more payments and take the insurance to cover the loan incase I was to default on the loan.

I told the no way I did not have the money and just wanted a refund they informed me that in the loan agreement it stated that they could take thirty business days to complete this they even emailed me a refund letter stating I would get my money by May 8th 2008.

I tried calling a few days later and there is no ring just an automated voice that tells you goodbye!
I to have made a complaint with the FBI’s web site IC3. www.ic3.gov as well as www.fraud.org

I contacted the real estate agent for their 313 w Ferry St. Buffalo NY address and was informed they have never been at that address and they two are trying to track down these people for using it on their web site. The agent gave me a name and PO Box of the person listed on the web address. A Mr. Terrell Williams P.O. Box 99800 Emeryville, CA 94662.

If you or anyone else that has been scammed by these criminals comes across any future information on those responsible for ripping us off please contact me @ roberts52972@yahoo.com or by mail Robert 504 Northridge Place Wright City, MO 63390.

Lets catch these people and not let them victimize anyone else.

11th of Apr, 2008

i to was ripped off by these people. the phone number is the same but the names are differant. they woman i talked to was deneice watkins.at 313 west ferry street buffalo new york. i applied for a loan of 15, 000 i sent them the money to a guy in canada by the name of larry milton.i wish i knew were these jerks were...i never ot my 1, 500 back i sent either.i think we all are just screwwed.

Sl
  1st of May, 2008

Sounds alot like "Star One Lenders" ---who I was scammed $1000.00. This was back in October and I have yet to see my money back. I've filed all the complaints with all the departments but it does no good. I just get the same form letter stating what to be aware of when looking for a loan. Unfortunately like alot of people I looked into this and it seemed legit. The snakes are crafty I will say that!
I think these companies go by several names. That way its harder to catch the theives!

Do
  3rd of May, 2008

I DO BELIEVE THERE IS NO ONE OUT THERE YOU CAN TRUST. I HAVE BEEN SCSMMED BIG TIME. NOW TRYING TO FIND MONEY TO PAY FOR MY TRUCK THAT I WILL LOSE IN TWO DAYS IF I DON'T COME UP WITH THE 900 I SENT THE SCAMMERS INSTEAD . I HOPE THEY CATCH THESE MISERABLE PIECIES OF CRAP BECAUSE THAT IS ALL THEY ARE THEY PROBALY WOULD STEAL THERE GRANDMOTHER'S LAST DIME THE ROTTEN LITTLE JERKS. MAY THEY ROT IN HELL. YOU MAY BE LAUGHING NOW BUT YOU WILL BE CRYINY SOON. THANK YOU GOOD BYE

An
  20th of May, 2008

I was contacted by Certified Lending Group Monday May 12th. I was contacted by a Robert Miller ext 129. He informed me that I was approved for a loan amount of 35, 000 and needed to verify a few details. Robert then proceeded to tell me that the private lender that was backing the loan required collateral to secure the loan. Robert emailed me a promisorry note containing the terms and conditions of the loan and repayment. After reviewing, I faxed it back. I was then instructed to send a money gram in the amount of $2, 100 to secure the loan to a Arnold McKiney in Oakville, Ontario Canada. Money Gram Order Confirm: 87782263 I proceeded to then call back Certified Lendings Group customer service and relayed the confirmation number on to them so they could release the funds into my bank account via direct deposit.

The next morning, the funds were not deposited. I called Robert Thursday May 15th, 2008, and he advised to contact customer service. I did so, learning that an additional colatteral payment was required to secure the loan proceeds within 4 hours. Again, I transacted a Money Order Payment to an Arnold McKinley in Oakville, ON Canada. Confirmation 61156023.

Friday May 16th, 2008, I called Certified Lendings Groups cusotmer service, informing them that my direct deposit had not occurred. I was informed that I was entitled to a refund due to the additional closing costs required by the lender and would have it by no later than May 30th, 2008

I found no funds had been deposited into my account. I then found the Better Business Bureau of Maryland, and learned this was a known fraudulent company.

Certified Lendings Group
133 Defense Hwy
Annapolis, MD 21401

1-888-242-0248
Ext 129 Robert Miller
Ext 0 Cust Service

Ma
  22nd of May, 2008

Never give nationallendingsgroup any money they are a scam artist and a rip off and for taking people off i hope they get court and be sent to jail.

Je
  25th of Sep, 2009
National Lendings Group - Awful experience
National Lendings Group

I submitted a search for a business loan. I received a call advising that I would qualify for the $7, 500.00 loan I applied for. This loan would be secured by advance payment, which would be applied to the first 6 payments. I wired the payment to Barrie, Ontario, to a Shawn Novello, I was advised that he was the private lender for this loan. I wired $1350.00, never received the loan, I tried calling back for a refund, they advised they would need more monet, I advised that I want to cancel the loan, They responded by telling me that I would receive the reund within 30 days. I have never received any funds back, and now face severe financial problems. I researched this company with the better business bureau, even contacted the Buffalo, Ny policy to check out the address.