National Legal / Try to scam $$$ to settle a supposed charge against me

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 312-962-5282

Gentleman by the name of Harry McKay with a very heavy accent claimed that charges were being brought against me for federal bank regulations, collatorel misrepsentation and theft by deception for a supposed loan that I received from Cashnet Bank and did not pay back.
He claimed that legal fees would amount to over $5k and if I did not agree to a resolution that day that a officer would come to my place of employment at 11 a.m. to haul me away to court.
I asked several times to speak to a supervisor which he ignored. I asked several times for him to fax me the legal papers which he ignored. He kept trying to have me admit to these charges which I would not.
I informed him that I was going to contact Cashnet myself because I suspected it was a huge scam (and also told him that). I also told him that I was contacting the Minnesota State Attorney's office (which I did).
These people somehow found two of my friends and also called them and "threatened" them with the same story if I did not call them back.

Comments

• Fa
      16th of Oct, 2008

I don't fell so blake I had the same phone call several times today as well. I had left my cell phone at home and I got a call at work from this company. Telling me the same thing as well. he told me to call back and get ext 1071 and ask for him if I didn't get this matter taken care of i would be picked up as well. The scary part is he had a very old bank account Number i use to have about 3 years ago. I got home and he had left me 4 messages on my cell about the same thing he had contacted me with.What do we need to do to get this taken care of this is really not funny. I cantacted the local police department and i also called my att. as well to find out what i needed to do. The local police department is tracking the number and has called the FBI about the matter. i am going to take my phone tomorrow to the police and let them hear the message as well. this may sound bad but i'm glad i'm not the only one this is happening to so I know I'm not alone.