national insurance/ mediclaim / not getting the setteled claim amount

1 India Review updated:

I am a mediclaim policy holder of national insurance co ltd since 3 years.in november2007 I was admitted to a nursing home for the treatment of liver abcess.After discharge from nursing home I claimed the the expences of treatment e.g Rs 57579/= to national insurance and the company forwarded it to their tpa TTK Healthcare Services pvt ltd on dec 13th 2007.the claim was setteled Rs.55128/= on 25th january 2008. But till date i did not received the setteled amount. several times i contact the insurance company and their tpa. the tpa said that they did not received the money from insurance co against my claim and the insurance co said that they sent the money to tpa and tpa will pay me .I am really puzzeled & disappointed with the service of a renowned co like national insurance.please look after the matter and help me because i dont know what to do now to get my money. my policy & claim details --- policy no -101600/48/06/[protected] TTK ID no -kol-nc-0000-H1-38508-B claim no- kol-12-07-CR-L04172
claim file no- kol-12-07-CN-L05640

Comments

• Pm
      5th of Jul, 2008

Subject: Accident death claim - reg.,
    This is regarding with my brother’s death claim who has joined as an agent and has been insured himself at National Insurance Company Limited through Golden Trust Financial Services. We have submitted all the necessary documents to avail this claim at GTFS office in Coimbatore, Tamilnadu by the ref. no. JPA/CMB/72. Also we got one more no. from your HO as 47200596001833.
    I request you to pls. arrange to get this claim since it will be useful to settle the amount that we borrowed on my brother’s medical operation and finally lost him.

Also I attached the photocopy of Policy Certificate for your kind perusal.

Details:
    Name of the Insured person : P.Boobalan
    Permanent Residential add : 33, Nagal Pudur, 4 th Lane, Dindigul-624003, TN.

Policy Number : 100300/17/01/9600022 / 03/96/30039
    Issuing Office : Division - III, 1, Shakespeare Sarani, 6th Floor, Calcutta - 700071

Thanking You,
    Yours truly,
    P.Madhava Seshan.

• Ka
      7th of Sep, 2008

Subject: medical claim of Karanwinder Singh Policy No.401602/48/07/8500000291 Branch- Samrala

Respected Sir,
    Park Medical Claim
    National Insurance Company

I am Karanwinder Singh Policy No.401602/48/07/8500000291 Branch- Samrala has register my medical insurance in your company.I had a faith in you but I never excepted such a bad response from your company.This year I undergo a surgery and my medical claim was done for that.I have send all the documents to you but I have not recieved any information from your side.The operation was done on March 29, 2008 and I was admitted in the Vohra hospital situated in Jamalpur, Ludhiana till date April 1, 2008.Sir, a long time has been passed but I have not got any response from your side this is causing a problem to me.I request you to tell me the situation of my case and please keeping in my mind that long time has already passed so make this hurry so that I must continue with your company happily without problem from any side.If it is causing much delay and I doesn't get any response from your side then I think I have to take any action against your firm so it would be better if this work gets completed soon.
    Yours Faithfully,

19th of Feb, 2009

Resepcited Sir,
    Park Medical Claim

Hi,

I am Nitin Goel and having a Park Medical Claim policy from my company. Me and my wife is covered under the policy but to know if my parents are also covered under the policy i have contact to one Mr. Shammi whose number i have received from my company but the way of talking of this guy is so ruduless that i never prefer to any one to take Park Medicalm as a TPA . This guy don't know how to talk how to deal with the customer totally looking as a illetrate person, i don't know why company has hired such type of people who gives loses to company business. I again request to company personel who is on admin side to check the status of this guy and take necessary action because this guy is not good for company business . He shows that he belong to some anpad family and he is totally a unpad admi.

Thanks

Medi Assist Insurance TPA Private Limited
    4th Floor, Chicago Plaza, Rajaji Road
    Off MG Road, Cochin 682015
    0484 2384021

Sub: Cash less treatment a misnomer: Please spare the Insured from humiliations and harassment: CLAIM NOW SUBMITTED FOR REIMBURSEMENT- POLICY 571001/48/17/850000/2501-2

Sir
    I was detected of CHOLELETHIASIS, on 25th of October 2017 and on 4th December 2017 was advised Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy by Dr Satheesh Iype of PVS Memorial Hospital Ltd at Kaloor, Ernakulam on and scheduled it for 13th December 2017. Same day I reported to the Insurance claim division of the Hospital and was advised to report on 12th December 2017 and they will take care of the rest. I did so on 12th and furnished my policy details.
    The surgery did take place on 13th and I was advised for discharge on 14th December. The total bill of the Hospital came to be Rs.68373/- and I was told to wait up to 5-5.30 pm to get the authorization. But the wait pronged to 6 pm and after and a message from VK-M BUDDY came to my Mob 9447190625 that Rs10000/-is authorized for cashless. And the Hospital naturally wanted me to pay up the balance Rs 58373/-. I felt it prudent to pay up the whole bill and later take up the claim directly with you. The whole money was somehow arranged and I got out of the Hospital at about 7 pm as I was told that staying beyond 8 pm in the room will entail further rent.
    The whole thing appears to have been designed that the Hospitals should get their money without wait from the Insurer. Those who believe the treatment is going to be cashless it is a shock. I understand that the mandate to agencies like you is to guard the interest of the Insurer, by curtailing/denying/dilly dallying with the patient’s claim. Yet I wish somebody look on such merciless acts more closely.
    I am along with this submitting my claim duly signed with all reports and bills in original and await to hear from you. I must also be told whether there was any lapse on the part of the Hospital in handling my case, so that they are also called upon to testimony if warranted.

With very best regards