National Insurance Company Limited / Car Claim / Harassment for not paying bribe

India Review updated:
My car was insured with National Insurance Company Limited, Branch Office, Barnala vide cover note no765345dated21.02.2003. The said car met with an accident, the claim was lodged with the company and all the formalities were completed. The claim no was 404201/31/03/6100136A/c Vehicle No.PB19A8137 (Divisional Office Sangrur).The Branch Manager Mr. Pranab Sen demanded 20% of claim amount as gratification, which was refused by me. At this the Branch Manager harassed me by every possible way and when I didn't relented repudiated my claim on the ground that my driving license is fake. All complaints to Regional/Head Office went in vain. The Branch Manager even refused to provide me a copy of the report/document on the basis of which my driving license was held fake. The matter was reported to Directorate of Public Grievances, Cabinet Secretariat, New Delhi. The grievance was registered at noDPG/I/2004/00190 and the same was taken up by them with the company. The officers of the company kept on manipulating the facts in order to save the guilty colleagues. I approached Hon’ble Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Sangrur.From the documents produced before the forum it became evident that the accused officer had removed the original driving license verification report from the claim file and had used one of the surveyor based at Sangrur to get a false/forged report prepared to show my driving license as fake. The accused officer in connivance with his senior officers further arranged false/forged documents to show my driving license as fake. As per the orders of the Directorate of Public Grievances, Cabinet Secretariat, New Delhi the Regional Manager of the company got my driving license verified and on finding it genuine wrote to Mr. Tarsem Lal, Divisional Manager, Sangrur for review of the case.Mr Tarsem Lal again became adamant that I pay bribe to him only then he will review my case and release my payment. On my refusal Mr. Tarsem Lal further arranged and used false/forged documents to mislead the Hon’ble Forum and deny justice to me. The Regional Manager/Head office of the company didn’t took any action in the case despite repeated written pleas/complaints.Mr Tarsem Lal even withholded the D.L verification report of the Regional Office from the Hon’ble Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Sangrur.The officials of the company have in order to save the guilty officials thrown the Right To Information Act-2005 to wind and have thwarted my every attempt to gain access to documents.

The matter was reported to Central Vigilance Commission, New Delhi. The Commission forwarded my complaint to CVO, National Insurance Company Limited vide their no.21951/05/3-4804for further action, but no action was taken in the case to get the guilty officers punished, rather the Vigilance Officer, refused to take over the vital documents and the same now stand tampered with. Every effort was made to save the senior officers of the company who closed their eyes to let the accused officers misuse their official position and funds and harass an upright customer of the company who refused to dance to the whims of the accused officers and pay bribe. For me all the senior officers are equally guilty for the harassment, mental torture and financial loss caused to me due the illegal acts of the officers of the company C.V.O, National Insurance Company Limited, through their Public Information Officer has refused to release any information regarding the above said complaint, which clearly shows that still the accused are being saved.

I am bringing the matter in view of all to bring the real face of the company’s management and seek support from like minded people to bring the guilty before the law.

N  12th of Apr, 2007 by
To, the senior officers of NIC

This is to inform you that my black colored Bajaj Pulsar motorbike (Reg No. DL - 4S AL 4004, Chs No DHVBKH40649, Engine No. DHGBKH40299) was insured by National Insurance in Janak Puri B-block branch, New Delhi (Policy No. 361801/31/05/6200006248). The above said vehicle was stolen in the month of May 2006 (FIR No 478/06). After that in June 06 one surveyor Mr Pandey(Asst of Mr. N.S.Rekhi) visited to my residence regarding their formalities. I`v fulfilled their all formalities which they have asked from me. Then on 28th of Jan 2007, I`v received a letter from company in which they have asked to submit my both original keys & form 173 from the concerned police station, which I`v submitted after some time. Since then I`v neither received any communication nor any claim from your esteemed company & till now am waiting for my claim.

My claim No in Branch office is 361801/31/06/62/90000199 in the name of Kamal Kishore.

In this regard, I've visited your branch off many of the times but could not able to get any satisfactory ans from your officers.

Now, may I know that how much time you people take normally to settle claims since now I am becoming impatience towards your services to your customers.

This is to request you that kindly look into the matter & do something for my claim, Since I`v to purchase another two-wheeler for my fieldwork.

Looking for your positive response soon.
A  16th of Feb, 2008 by
All are guilty of offences punishable under section 120B/218 IPC.Please file an FIR against all of them .You may add section 336 IPC for negligent act against those official who have not responded to your complaints.Others who are directly connected with the reports and matters will be prosecuted for entering in to criminal conspiracy and fabrication of records and incorrest information.Yf police doesnot accept the complaint, go for a orivate case or file a petition to the magistrate under 156 CrPC.All will be jailed.Process is lengthy but you will get justice .High officials from Head office will start dancing when they will have to obtain bail first.I have dobe it with SC Bank and got excellent result.
A  11th of Jun, 2009 by
Just now I have seen your ordeal. I think you have acted bonafidely under the impression that the public officials will do their work for which they are duly compensated by their respective departments. No body is working without salary. They are being paid much higher than they deserve. My humble opinion in your matter is that you should have agreed to the delinquent official to pay the bribe as he demanded and informed to the vigiligence office regarding his demand so that he would have been caught red handed and got your genuine grievance resolved. But you have given ample chance to escape the culprit from the clutches of law enabling the superior officials to safegaurd their colleague. Each and every day we are learning from the law breakers than the law makers. So your case is a lesson for other citizens those who want to follow the rule of law.