National Home Protection warranty / fraud unpaid claims

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I had paid for a home warranty from this company. They gave my service man an authorization number to fix my heating system. They have never paid the claim of over 250.00. I have called and they are rude. I have e mailed and get no responce. I have faxed everything needed and still nothing. It has been over 3 months. They promised a 50 home depo card and never sent that. So please stop these people they are still trying to sell there warranty's on line and on the phone.

Pa

Comments

• Tp
      25th of Sep, 2009
    National Home Protection warranty - Feel cheated
    National Home Protection
    Virginia
    Phone: 8006086045
    NationalHomeProtection.com

Filed first claim in Jan 09 for dishwasher. They send the person, but after that, they refused to fix or replace the dishwasher. They offered me cash back as per section F.12 of their agreement. It was very low compare to the market price or the cost to fix the dishwasher. They raised the offer by $30. I gave up after that, and accepted the offer. HOWEVER, as of Sep 09, and after sending numerous e-mails, leaving numerour voice mails, I haven't seen a single penny coming from NHP. Biggest sucm company in the earth.
    Some of the people I dealt with, Steve Marks, Victor Hakim, Freda Harris. NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH NHP. They might close the door and come back with different name. God help us all.

• Bu
      1st of Oct, 2009

Same here I was tricked into sign up for 3 years home protection warranty by NHP. Carrot they dangled was -- more discount for multi-year policy, reduced service call fee, and three $50 HomeDepot gift cards (GC). I've never received the GCs. I contected them numerous times, but no luck.
    Now I have found out the NY DA shut them down.

• Mm
      29th of Oct, 2009

Hi Pat:

My name is Michelle and I am an apprentice at Balestriere Lanza, a trials and investigations law firm in New York. We have filed a nationwide class action lawsuit against National Home Protection, Inc. We would be very interested in hearing more from you about your experience. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience at michelle.luo@balestriere.net, or call Analyst Sarah Goodman at (212) 374-5400 x 132.