National Home Protection / Hello Anyone Home

1 North Charleston, SC, United States Review updated:

We are a Heating and Air company out of N.Charleston, SC. We had a homeowner contact us on 5/6 with his claim number requesting service. When we diagnosed the problem, it was going to be over the set limit. So we proceed to try and contact NHP of course all we get is a voicemail. Left several voicemails, e-mails, and even tried faxing them. Still no response. Since then the repairs have been done at homeowners expense praying we eventually get approval. When you do get someone on the phone they either transfer you to the voicemail or they are extremely rude and hang up on you. Please be aware of this company. There is many more GOOD home warranty companies out there that will answer their phones and assist you with politeness.

Comments

• Ba
      29th of May, 2009

5/29/2009 I have been trying for 4 days to get in touch with National Home Protection I get either a busy signal or a ring with no answering machine. I have filed a claim with no response I have sent 2 e-mails with no response.
    Does anyone know if they are out of business? They have been collecting my monthly fee and I assumed they were still in business.
    I have filed a complaint with the New York Better Busines Bureau about a unpaid service I had with them last July

• Ba
      29th of May, 2009

Can anyone tell me if National Home Protection is stil in service?
    I can not reach them

• Pa
      29th of May, 2009

same problem as above - trying to reach them all morning and either a busy signal or no answer

• Pa
      29th of May, 2009

looks like their assets were frozen by the new york attorney general back in april. i'd say this company is now out of business.

• Ai
      22nd of Jun, 2009

I have been trying to submit two bills to National Home Protection since April. I had verizon even try and they tell me the number has been disconnected. I have tried the corporate office in New York City and I get the message "the number you are trying to reach is no longer in service." So does anyone know how to contact these people? The debt they owe us is not huge but is over $500.00 which in these times, hurts small business owners like myself. we are a family owned A/C & heating company. Would the homeowner be liable for the amount owed?

• Ai
      22nd of Jun, 2009

Would the homeowner be responsible for services rendered? Seems like the homeowners should also file some kind of suit against these people. I have no doubt the homeowner paid a pretty penny to be covered by them????

22nd of Jun, 2009

I agree about the lawsuit . We paid in hundreds if not thousands of dollars. They have to be held responsible. They didn't even notify us they were going out of business and kept collecting the monthly payments.