National Home Protection / Failure to honor warrenty

42 west 38 stNew York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-830-1642

I am already a current member of NHP and am not happy with the service you are providing.

I had a problem with my AC, I called and you sent out a service tech. He call back with his recommendations and NHP called me. I have sent in everything requested back on March 27.

I waited and called on April 2. George Stevenson first they said they did not receive my faxes and after I told them I have the confirmation, the rep. found them and said that the person that received them did not not them. He reviewed them and said I would have a response in 24 hours.

I also asked to speak to a supervisor and left a message and never heard back form him?

Now it is April 8, no response. I been on hold for 20 minutes, the rep. John Deldolca said Cooling Service did not call you back, when in fact, I spoke to the owner of Cooling Services and said NHP has called 3 times and he has give you all the info.

First I asked to speak to a manager, he he said no way! Unbelievable, then he connected me to Johnny and it was another voice mail?

I again refaxed the info to [protected] 3 separate times on April 9, 2008

I was told that Mike Moore was in charge and asked to speak with him. I was told he was in a meeting and both Tiffany and Erica would leave a " Red Flag Message"

When I called back in the afternoon Tiffany said he left but would call.

Now it is April 9, I have not heard from Mike Moore and when I called at 1:35PM central time, he was not in again. I have been on hold for now 20 minutes.

Finally, I got John Deldocla, again on the line and he says he does not have the faxes? Funning, they found that fax but know say that the system was leaking althought three contractors report no leaks.

When asked to speak to a manager Mike moore, Iwas told that it is really Rick Sanders. waited on hold to speak to him for 30 mintues before being disconnected.

Do not use this scam of a company.

Comments

Da
  19th of Nov, 2008
I AM IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW HOME WARRENTY. HOME SHEILD HAS NOT TAKEN CARE OF EVERYTHING TO MY LIKING AND NOW I AM CONSIDERING SWITCHING TO NATIONAL HOME PROTECTION. IT SEEMS TO HAVE THE MOST LIBERAL REPAIR POLICY AND WITH AN IMMIDIATE EMERGENCY REPAIR POLICY SOUNDS REALLY GREAT. HOWEVER WHAT I HAVE READ ON THIS PAGE LEADS ME TO BELEIVE THAT IT MAY BE TO GOOD TO BE TRUE..HAS ANYONE FOUND A REALLY GOOD HOME WARRENTY COMPANY OUT THERE. I DO NOT MIND MY HOUSE HAVING TO UNDERGO A PHYSICAL BEFORE IT IS INSURED I REALLY DON 'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DON'T SEND SOMEONE OUT TO EVALUATE THE APPLIANCE'S AND THE HOUSE BEFORE A CONTRACT. THAT WOULD BE LIKE INSURING A SIX HUNDRED POUND MAN AT THE SAME RATE AS AN OLYMPICK MARATHON RUNNER . OBVIOUSLY THE OLDER AND LESS MAINTAINED PROPERTY WILL REQUIRE MORE MAINT.
Sa
  28th of Nov, 2008
Please do not buy Home Warrenty fron National Home Protection.
You will have a lot od problem. They will not repair anything for you. End up you will in bid problem.
Good Luck. I have also been cheated by NHP. I'll be a part of class action lawsuit against them.
Ba
  26th of Feb, 2009
I'VE HAD THE SAME ISSUES WITH THIS SORRY WARRANTY COMPANY. I'M TOLD THERE ARE NO CONTRACTORS IN MY AREA THEN I'M GIVEN THE OK TO FIND ONE. I DID ALL I WAS TOLD AND PAID FOR THE SERVICE WITH THE PROMISE OF REIMBURSEMENT. IT'S BEEN OVER SIXTY DAYS AND NO CHECK HAS MADE IT TO ME. WHEN I CALL TO ASK WHAT THE PROBLEM IS THEY ARE TELLING ME MY PAPER WORK WAS NOT SUBMITTED IN A TIMELY MANNER. LOL
I WAS ALSO PROMISED A 50.00 DOLLAR GIFT CARD TO HOME DEPOT BACK IN JUNE WHEN I SIGNED THE CONTRACT. WELL IT'S ABOUT TO BE JUNE AGAIN AND I STILL DON'T HAVE IT EITHER. I'VE BEEN CALLING THIS COMPANY WEEKLY AND K EEP GETTING THE RUN AROUND FOR SERVICES THEY ARE PROMISING. I THINK SOMEONE SHOULD START A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT ON THIS CRAPPY COMPANY. IF AT ALL POSSIBLE STAY AWAY!!!