National Home Protection / Intimidating behavior and non-service!
James Monroe in accounting department is threatening me to put a lien on my house if I did not pay $1550. I did not cancel my contract but he still wants to charge $750 for contract cancellation fee. I DID NOT initiate the chargeback on my credit card. My credit card company made a mistake and they have corrected it once James Monroe informed me about it. NHP has received the money but James Monroe still wants to cancel my contract without my approval. Here is the email from him:
From: NHP Home Warranty [mailto:info@NationalHomeProtection.com]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 12:40 PM
To: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Garg, Rajesh
Cc: Victor Hakim; James Monroe; Jonathan Bradbury; Regina Johnson
Subject: NHP ACCT: [protected]
Please be aware due to the chargeback initiated on your visa card, National Home Protection will be placing your account in collections for the amount of $1550.00. We will also be placing a contractor lien on your home in the amount of $1550.00. You have 30 days to remit payment via check of $1550.00 to the address below. THIS IS A FINAL ORDER.
Claim 163969: $245.00
Claim 163969: $350.00
Claim 187242: $205.00
Contract cancellation fee: $250 per term. Total $750.00
Claim 203300: $300 - CHECK CANCELED.
Home Depot Gift Cards: $150 - CANCELED
TOTAL DUE TO NATIONAL HOME PROTECTION $1550.00
WE WILL PURSUE THIS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPORTING TO ALL 3 MAJOR CREDIT BUREAUS WELL AS PLACING LIENS FOR REPAIRS.
National Home Protection, Inc.
42 West 38th Street
New York, NY 10018
More National Home Protection Complaints & Reviews
- National Home Protection - Class Action Lawsuit Filed 
- National Home Protection - Awful everything 
- National Home Protection - Fraud, No Service, Scam Artists, Misrepresentation 
- National Home Protection - Terrible service - denied claims! 
- National Home Protection - Internet Fraud - Home Warranty Program 
- National Home Protection - Bad service/ unable to contact
- National Home Protection - Scam 
- National Home Protection - Hello Anyone Home 
- National Home Protection - unable to reach company
- National Home Protection - Fraud and scam