National Home Loan Assistance Program / Fraud

1 NJ, United States

This company promised to assist me with a loan modification of my mortgage. My husband was out of work for a year and by the grace of god I have a good job and was aboe to good the house going. I paid them up front $900.00 to work with my mortgage company (first & second). They talked a reallty good game, but when I mentioned the type of work I do I no longer heard from them.

I was able to modify my loan myself through my mortgage company. I was contacted by the San Diego County District Attorney's Office and forwarded all the information/evidence to an investigator. Being in the legal profession I was able to be conned and felt very very stupid for falling for them but atleast they didn't get the whole $2, 500.00 they were looking for. In that sense I was lucky. Loan modification can be done through your mortgage company. It can be stressful getting all the documentation together, but in the long run only you can advise your mortgage company of your plight. Beware of these bottom feeders and god bless.