National Foreclosure Mediators / loan modification

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Took the money and did not do a single thing to modify our loan. Refused to refund the money. Bad business. Avoid this scam.

Gr

Comments

17th of Jun, 2009

I FAXED THEM AND I TALKED TO THE PERSON WHO WAS SUPOSE
    TO HELP ME AND SAID NOT TO DEBIT MY ACCT. I NEVER SIGNED
    A CONTRACT OR A RELEASE FORM FOR THEM TO DO SO, BUT THEY
    DID ANYWAY KNOW I HAVE INSUFFICIENT FUNDS! NOW I CAN'T PAY FOR MY TWO YOUNG SONS CHILDCARE. THEY ARE ###
    AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING. CLEARLY THEY UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.

17th of Mar, 2010

They required full payment in cash deposited directly into their Bank of America account before they would proceed with any loan modification assistance. Unfortunately, I didn't know at the time that it was illegal for them to require up front fees on a loan modification. They then instructed me to stop making my mortgage payments, which I did.

Months clipped by and they then proceeded to do nothing. I was served with a foreclosure notice from my bank because I had stopped making my mortgage payments as they had instructed me to do. They had the nerve to tell me that was all normal and to not worry, everything was fine but when the bank posted notice of foreclosure sale signs on the front of my house giving me notice that my house was about to be sold on the steps of the courthouse, I knew everything was NOT fine. I was forced to call an attorney and file for Bankruptcy to stop the sale of my home.

They have refused to refund any of my money. I am now suing them personally and be aware, they are under investigation by the Florida Attorney General and several other agencies for illegal activities such as asking for advance fees which is in violation of Florida Law.

They have had the nerve to somehow blame me for all of this and they even stooped so low as to accuse their salesman who no longer works for them of "stealing from an old lady". This of course is all a smoke screen to cover up their illegal activities. I'm waiting for my day in court on this one.

28th of Apr, 2010

i sent them the money they asked for, and got nothing in return. i call them and ask for my rep. but always told she is away, vacation, or something. they never call me back. this is a very piss pore place too do business with.iam seeing a attorney to see about suing them. whatever you do dont hire these guys, they are crooks. i will be calling the attorney general.

20th of May, 2010

Contact Mark Mills, Economic Crimes Division of the Florida Attorney General's office. Phone: 813-287-7950, Fax: 813-281-5515. Refer to case #: L09-3-1022. They have received a number of complaints. The more complaints they receive the more likely they will do something.

These people are now on several watch/black lists.

The Florida AG is investigating them for illegally collecting up front fees in advance of providing loan modification services. IT IS ILLEGAL IN MOST STATES INCLUDING FLORIDA TO COLLECT UP FRONT FEES IN ADVANCE OF LOAN MODIFICATION SERVICES.

That is exactly what they did to me and did not perform any services, getting us into a very serious jam with the bank and forced us into bankruptcy. They have refused to refund any money.

Furthermore, I have since found out by researching the Penallas County Superior Court records that most of the people that were assigned to handle my case that mysteriously and suddenly went missing from from this ridiculous firm, have criminal records and theirselves have lost their homes to foreclosure. In fact the service rep that was assigned to assist me, did nothing, went missing and I have since found out that she is a fugitive out of Georgia for God knows what and lost her home to foreclosure.

And, these are the people I trusted to help me? Please!

16th of Jun, 2010

I sued these people and my court date was this last Monday. They failed to appear. I've won my full judgement plus fees. The judge was not surprised that they are under investigation by the Florida Attorney General's office. It was very clear in court that they violated both Florida and California law by collecting up front fees for loan modification services. The judge also found that I did not receive what I paid for and now have additional problems than I had when I hired them. The judge acknowledged that my claim was much more than the Small Claims Court limit that she awarded.