National Floors Directterrible service and product

This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. I have never taken the time to go online and complain about a company until my experience with national floors direct. To sum it up, their salespeople will tell you whatever you want to hear, the installers (Subcontractors bid out at the lowest price no doubt) were rude, late, unprofessional and did a terrible job. My husband had to rip up the floor they put down because it was so embarassing to look at. I called customer service numerous times and nobody ever called me back. I filed a complaint with the bbb and nfd told them I never called!!! Please, find another company and save yourself the frustration and loss of money which none of us can afford these days!

Ju

Comments

• Lo
      Oct 31, 2008
    National Floors Direct - service department
    National FLoors Direct
    Avon

What a terrible experience. The service dept leaves a lot to be disired!!!
    i would'nt recomend this company to my worst enemy!!!
    As i was told by one of the managers "shareholder's pay me"
    well, obviosly they are paying you too much becuase you customer service skills suck!!!

• Am
      Dec 30, 2008
    National Floors Direct - terrible company/experience
    Massachusetts

While expecting our first child, my husband I decided to use NFD for carpet in the babys' room we were preparing. After selecting bedding and painting the walls, we made an appt. and the salesman came and we selected a berber carpet to match the two wall colors I had in there.

He called us the next day to tell us the date the installers would come (NOT the next day) between 12 and 3pm. My husband took the day off and waited for the installers. When they did not show up he called NFD and they said the installation had been rescheduled, but never called us.

When the installers finally came, another day lost at work for my husband, I happened to be home early from work, and looked at the carpet which did not match my walls and said 'something is not right'. The installers insisted the color on my order form was the color they were installing. I kept saying it doesn't look right, and tried to call the company. The installers just continued installing and made sure we signed the paper when they had finished. By that time I had the salesman on the phone who said he was in the area and would come by.

When he came he confirmed that the carpet was the TOTALLY wrong color- not even close to what I had chosen. He then informed us that the carpet we had originally selected was no longer available- we needed to choose a new color.

He was in a rush and said he needed to get going for another appointment, and that we should select THREE color choices, of a totally new brand of carpet. My husband and I felt a lot of pressure and so we quickly selected choice 1, 2, and 3, and he left.

Afterward we were really disappointed about not getting the original choice, and also wondering why we had to select three choices. My husband called repeatedly regarding the carpet and the scheduling and we got the runaround from several people in customer service as well as installation. He finally got a manager on the phone and explained how frustrating it had been, and they told him they would take $50 off the price. That is all they were willing to do.

We continued calling for the next week, with no return phone calls - anxious to get the carpet so we could get the baby's room finished. Finally I checked my credit card statement online and found that as well as charging the $100 deposit, they had also processed the payment for the entire order - without the $50 credit they had promised. I began phoning, upset that my credit card had been charged, speaking with one customer service rep after another who all said the GM, Mary Sumner, was not available. Exasperated, I told them I wanted the charges removed from my CC until the job was completed as promised. I was assured by a CSR, when I spoke with her at 10am, that she would send the request to accounting. I told her I wanted confiormation and she promised to call me back by the end of the day. Of course when 4:15 rolled around she had not called. I called her back, and she told me accounting was gone for the day. I then asked to speak with Mary, the GM, and she said she was unavailable but would call me back the next morning. She did not call me back.

The next day I spoke with Charles, another manager, who said the charges had not been removed and that they would not do that, and that Mary was unavailable. I told him I wanted the charges removed and at that point I wanted my deposit returned as well and no one from their company coming near my house. He said 'they' would not refund the deposit. I asked who they were and if they had names. He said they didn't, he was the one enforcing the rules. I requested the name of GM Mary's direct manager, he said there wasn't one. I asked for the President or owner of the company, and he said he had no idea who that was. He also insisted that he could not refund my deposit. When I said I would stay on the phone until he confirmed that the charges on my CC were being reversed, he told me that was not their system and that he would call me back. I asked that he have Mary call me and confirm the refund, and I haven't heard back yet. I have filed a dispute with my cc company and will be contacting the better business bureau, attorney general's office, as well as Hank Phillipe Ryan and any other news personality who reports on this kind of thing.

This company is run so poorly, they don't have the product they promise, they reneg on their agreements yet keep your money, and it is next to impossible to get someone on the phone to take accountability. Not to mention putting us through all this while I am pregnant and trying to get my baby's room ready.

Jan 08, 2009
    National Floors Direct - carpet rip off
    Massachusetts

We had the carpet in our retail store replaced with NFD. It was contracted to be a 3 day install so that we could move the product from one part of the store to another at night making the next section available for when the workers arrived and it was understood that we would be open for business. When the worker arrived, we made sure they were aware of the plan and they were, they wanted to help us move the product so they could do the job in 2 days but we declined. While vacuuming the first section after they left, a piece of the carpet was pulled into the vacuume and damaged it. On day 2 when the workers came in we showed them what happened and we were told that it was our fault for vacuuming to soon, when we told him that nobody said not to, they repaired the area. Day 2 and 3 seem to go normaly and after they left it was noticed that the carpet strip has many differant fasteners holding it down and some are sticking up, not wanting to be too picky we said nothing. After waiting the 48 hours, when we vacuumed the carpet we had the same problem of the carpet being pulled from the backing and unraveling. We had to make many calls to get them to send some one out and while we waited we put tape on the tuffts we saw so as not to cause any more damage. Every day there were more and more, the repair man came out to fix them and the next day they were pulled out again and ther were even more. Now the seams are comming apart, there is tape all over, the company won't return phone calls, were told our salesman is no longer with the company, there seems to be nobody in charge or so we were told, the head of customer relations makes a promise to call the next day and fails to and then you only get voice mail and no return calls. One of the repair men told us how this was all due to an installation problem and the other who was the installer who had been out many times to try and fix it said it was a faulty carpet and that even his repairs are not holding so he was going to have them send someone to inspect the carpet.Again we have to keep calling and leaving voice mails and weeks later someone shows up, inspects the carpet, takes a piece of the leftover carpet and filed a report that states that early foot trafic and us moving the product before the glue was dried could cause this and also said that it could have been done be dragging heavy object over the carpet. He did notice the cut in the carpet that was made from a repair when they cut through the patch and into a section of carpet that was ok. After this report the company said all of this was our fault and they are not making any repair or refunding our money. I contacted the BBB but the case was closed because NFD said they tried to repair it in good faith but we are the ones that caused this by dragging a large bird cage over the carpet, yes, this is a petshop but we moved all birds and cages out before the work began due to the smell of the new carpet and glue.The BBB refered us to the Attorney General who told us they would watch for other complaints against them but they were not able to take the case because they consider it to be a business to business not a consumer to business. My next option is leagl action, small claims has a $2, 000.00 limit and we paid over $6, 000.00. Now taking the time to read the contract before I called a lawer, I see that there is no warranty on the flooring if it is installed in a rental property or a business - this is far differant from the 10 year waranty the salesman said it had while he was standing in the store. I did have a local company come out to see if they could patch or repair what we have and allthough willing to try some repairs there are others they can't do anything with and recommend starting over with a better grade carpet, so I guess this brings me back to finding a lawer. In my opinion, save yourself alot of trouble and call a local carpet company don't be like me and fall for the ads on TV - I can't begin to say how difficult and rude this company is once they get your money they are done with you. Believe it or not this was the long story short, we have been doing battle since the install on 6/24/08 and I fear it will go on a lot longer and now the carpet is far worse than the one that was replaced.

• Je
      Mar 27, 2009
    National Floors Direct - punctuality
    Flooring
    Massachusetts

Had National Floors Direct install carpet in two rooms, hallway and a set of stairs in two different occasions.On the first carpet install I was told the installers would arrive between 11am and 6pm..My opposition to anyone coming to perform work that may take hours at 6pm was met with "this is how we schedule" at which time I told them it's not acceptable and low and behold the installers showed up at 7pm!which meant they would be here until midnight.Never happen, told them to go home and called the office first thing next day.They then told me the carpet was installed last night at which time I explained what happened and would NOT accept anyone in my home after 5 pm to do work that would take them hours and they should look into redoing their scheduling practice.
    They then showed up again promptly a 9:30 am which more realistic.The carpet install went well and outside of a language barrier the install met with my approval.
    The second install included laminate floor and one room carpet and again except for an extreme language barrier problem it went ok with only a few glitches that was promptly fixed.However in the intrim I was told the carpet guys would be at my home between 1pm and 3 pm.They showed at 5:45pm and if I wasn't so damn desperate to get this over with I would have told THEM to go home also except they probably wouldn't have understood me.These guys couldn't wait to get out of here and altho the install went fairly well with some difficulty I did point the mistakes out they left without cleaning, or even offering.
    In essence I don't think I would use this company again as it is too nerve racking and very tedious in trying to constantly communicate with a crew that speaks no or very little english.

Jun 02, 2009

On behalf of National Floors Direct, let me say how very sorry we are that Jeff B. was not satisfied with our installation crew and their timing. He has every right to be upset, and we feel his frustration at having been given a time frame to expect service only to have the installation crew show up late and at an inconvenient time. We also share his frustration with the fact that the crew did not clean up before they left his home. It is our policy to make sure the customer's home is absolutely spotless and that everything is back in place as best it can be before we leave. We have taken measures to ensure this will not be the case again. We also hope that Jeff will give us another opportunity to prove ourselves worthy of his business. Thank you.

• Rl
      Jun 15, 2009

Absolutely 100% accurate review of this company. We used them too, and had a very similar experience. Words do not express how HORRIBLE the service was. I wish I knew how to make them accountable for their atrocious service. It's like they don't even care enough to let your anguish faze them one bit. How they are still in business is an absolute mystery.

• Dw
      Sep 05, 2009
    National Floors Direct - servicing area
    Virginia

First of all I went on the internet to schedule a free home appointment to get measurements and find out how much it would cost to put laminate flooring in my livingroom, dining room and hallway. The woman who called me back made an appointment for September 5th between 3 - 5 pm. At 2:30 on that same day the same woman called me back said that the representative from their company was stuck in traffic so he hadn't made his first appointment so we need to reschedule. She wanted to reschedule for a morning on the week days. After explaining to her that I work for a living and would not be able to schedule anything for during the week until after 4:30 in the afternoon. After putting me on hold for 10 minutes she came back and rescheduled for Sept 12th between 3-5 pm. She also said that I would be getting a $50 gift card off my purchase for rescheduling. Not 20 minutes later she calls me back and says that she has bad news, they do not service the area in which I live. They did not know that a week ago? Bad business practices if you ask me, but after reading a few of these comments I think I pretty glad they can't make it out here.

• De
      Sep 19, 2009

Hello: My name is Desire McCorkle I was interested in getting the whole house carpeted.

On Sept. 3, I had an appointment between 5-7pm and no one showed up (6XYFSBJ original confirmation number).

I was told by the estimator that he was in traffic and he would get here by 7pm but still no show after 8pm and then was told to call and get an appointment for the next day (9/4/07) after rushing home from work and all the waiting...

I called again on 9/7 to reschedule and I was told a supervisor would return my call and was supposely given a discount of $50 as an incentive but no one called.

On 9/15 I called again and explain about the rescheduling the estimate, however, I was told again that a supervisor would call me back..again no one called...

I called again on 9/17 and explained and again I was told a supervisor would call me back..no one called

Finally, on 9/19 I called again and explained, someone would called me back because of a $2600 credited to my account..don't know what that was all about and someone did call me back and stated that the estimater would be here at 5:00pm today..as I type this at 5:45pm, no has called or showed up..

This is not acceptable to your customers or potential customers.

At 5:56pm and estimater called and said he would be here in an hour...we'll see but I will forward this others because this is rediculous. I have feeling that I will need to amend this...

cc: President and VP of Sales, Company of owners, stock holders, and potential customers

• Sh
      Sep 30, 2009

The high pressure tactics and lac of selection is incredable. They come in give you a very high price, when you don't buy the salesman call's his boss, who drops the price by 40%. come on people if you use this company buyer beware! ask to see the price sheet, they claim not to charge for steps, moving furn etc but they do, its on there price sheet.

• Sh
      Sep 30, 2009
    National Floors Direct - foul behavior in my home

I had National Floors Direct come out to my home to measure for carpet and to give me a Bid. After I got the price (he would not put it in writing). The salesperson said he had to call his Boss to make a note of the price that he gave me. The sales man made his call in my kitchen, and I could hear the "Boss" on the other end screaming and swearing, that I was a BLANK BLANK FN liar ( I had told the salesman that I had found same carpet cheaper) I could not belive what I was hearing. This company is just a rip off, and very rude. DONT USE THEM

Nov 02, 2009

NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!
    Here in America,
    We are not SAFE!!!
    The inspection system stinks!!!
    The Department of Building & Safety and The Department of Health Service do not do their job correctly and constantly break the law!

About 2, 000 000 people are injured and 20, 000 deaths occur each year!!!
    These are the results of the Building & Safety and Health Department work!!!

I want this text to be true and sincere, a void of my private emotions. It is hard however to calm your self when we talk about human suffering, wounds, disability and often even death. My name is Chris Kalinowski, a Polish immigrant for 20 years now. Slowly I began to explore this new country and slowly it began to fascinate me more and more. I sacrificed my whole adult life to my family and work. About five years ago, in this country, I got to know new technology that helps securing slippery surfaces and it completely fascinated me. Helping people and thus helping support my own family. After a few months of work, I came to see my country in a different light. Never did I realize that this country could be so internally unregulated. No one seems to know anything, want to know anything or simply has no power to make a decision or be held responsible. All contact with people who should know better and react accordingly were different.
    My Anti Slip Protection business was created to help people. Unfortunately, not many Americans understand how big this problem really is. It is astounding how such an amazing country, known to all people of our world, can lack so much when it comes to safety of their own citizens. Once, I contacted the Building Safety Department and the Department of Health Services in a number of USA cities. When I asked the inspector about code resistance I was told to wait while he checked the information on the computer, then admitting that he does not know, he gave me a number of another inspector. When I called that inspector, he never returned my calls or responded to any messages I left. Another inspector, after reading my ad, contacted me in person. He was clearly interested in my business but told me that he was not in the position to make the decisions. Building Safety and Department of Health Services did not check slip resistance; they passed slippery floors as safe! The 2017 California Building Code is very specific as to which surfaces are required to be slip resistant. I only have one question; do the Building Safety and Health Departments really do their job? If so, then why do we still have accidents?

I drive around my city looking for buildings with slippery surfaces every day. I found one and talked with the manager and explained the purpose of my business and the need for my anti-slip service. The manager’s response was “We just had the city inspection and everything is in order.” I checked the floors slip resistance and the floor was way below the required minimum of 0.6(SCOF). In another place, I met an inspector from Building and Safety Department on the job side and I asked him a question: “What will you do if you slip and fall in this building?” His answer was, “I will sue the company or whoever owns this building.” Building inspections do not include the testing of slippery surfaces and I feel it is a shamefully neglected category in our country. A lot of the building and business owners with dangerous floors hide themselves behind their accident insurance policies. Some use my service after the accidents happen. When I asked if they consider my services for their other buildings they answer that no one fell there yet and no one sued them there. I always leave restless from these kinds of places knowing that any child who doesn’t know any better, or a senior citizen, pregnant woman, mailman or even yourself. After visiting one of the local District Schools, where kids fall in the restrooms and locker rooms on the slippery floors, I was given the answer: “We do realize that our floors should be safe, especially in washrooms, but unfortunately we have no money for that.” Slippery floor treatment costs less than any slip/fall accident!
    There are some cases where building and business owners simply don’t know that they can do something about slippery surfaces and that’s when we see the yellow signs warning us about dangerous floors.
    If you are a business owner and pass the final inspection from Building and Safety or Health Department Services, and after that, if you have a problem with a slip and fall accident, the departments are fully responsible for the accident.
    Every now and then I also see the cases of fake accidents. There are cases of con artists that use the law to get money from our insurance policies. This country is a home to thousands of attorneys specializing in slip and fall accidents waiting for an accident to happen. The insurance companies pay for our accidents, but cannot return our health!
    It is also easy to prevent and eliminate regular and fake slip and fall accidents just by using Anti Slip Protection. Some of the money from my business I use for commercial but it is not nearly enough compared to what has to be done for the safety of our city and our entire country.
    It is encouraging, however, that some companies like YMCA, recognize this threat and use my service, for which I thank them. So I encourage everyone’s co-operation, especially anyone who wants to do everything in their power to make us feel safer in our great country, on our slippery floors.
    Chris Kalinowski Santa Monica, CA
    www.antislipprotection.com [protected]

• Ka
      Nov 11, 2009
    National Floors Direct - horrible service and installation
    Massachusetts

First warning was a salesman who continually sniffed and jostled his nose in a jerky fashion, making me concerned that he might have a drug problem. In Aug 2017, he measured the room to be carpeted incorrectly. The first install team couldn't install the carpet due to the mismeasurement. They remeasured, and a week later a new crew came out. This second crew had completely naked women tattoos fully visible to my young children, as well as prison markings, Neo-Nazi hate symbols tattooed on their necks, heads, and all over their arms, and skin head hair cuts. They were dripping sweat all over my new carpet as they installed it. They left a huge seam right in the entry way of the room. It soon bubbled up and became even more visible, and a perpendicular seam popped up in the second week. The company agreed, after seeing a photo of the work, to send a 3rd crew out, promising not to send any "skin heads". They even wrote "no skin heads" on the 3rd install form. The 3rd crew admitted the job was poorly done, but said there was nothing they could do with the poor work because they didn't work for the company - they were day laborers and had no say in authorizing repairs. After several unanswered emails, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

North Sutton
    New Hampshire

I have had two rooms and a hallway done by NFD...the carpet was done fast and looks great...the hallway was done well, installers were nice enough. But after they left I noticed that the same "boards" were all in a row and look ridiculous! My salesman told me that the installer for the kitchen laminate would be able to fix that no problem. He had no idea that it is impossible to reuse the boards after they are pulled. WHO educates these salesmen???? No one apparently! My salesmen had told me that there are 9 photos of boards that are used and it will look realistic. Well, three of the same pattern are in a row down my hallway and there was no need for it.
    Last weekend I was told the installer for my kitchen would be there between 9 and 12, no one showed. They called and said it would be by 3, no one showed...Then I called and they wanted us to wait around Sunday! Be there between 9 and noon yet again...no one showed until 2:30 pm!!! Second day wasted! The installer could not speak English so I had to hang around to talk to his manager when he had questions...the guys "manager" bad mouthed the company to me. VERY professional isn't it? The installer got half of the floor done and it was 9pm, so he cleaned up and left. Told me he could not be back until Wednesday (The DAY before 12 people were coming to my house for Thanksgiving!!!) and he showed at 10:30 after telling me he would be there by 8. I talked to my salesman in the mean time and he told me that I was due for a hefty reimbursement from this company. That didn't happen either. Well, the floor looks nice...unless you stand back and see that they didn't place any flooring under the heaters in the kitchen and the 1/2 round trim around my island in the kitchen was not installed to meet and make a 90 degree angle. Another piece of shoddy craftsmanship.
    I waited 3 days to hear back from the Manager at NFD and I had to call him today only to find out that I am being reimbursed $100!!! That's ALL! The nerve of these swindlers! I will NEVER EVER USE THEM AGAIN!~ Stay away if you don't need an ulcer. They suck~!

• Bu
      Jan 14, 2010

I couldn't agree more. Their lack of selection is just the start. Imagine having only three different carpets to chose from! Any other retailer will have at least 10 times the selection.

After forcing you to compromise on selection, on come the silly theatrics and high pressure sales tactics. Let me call my boss and presto -- a 40% discount! Like the 1960's, right out of that "Tin Men" movie. I admit to having some sympathy for their underpaid, undereducated saleman -- who could not tell the difference between a plywood and a particle board underlayment. But maybe that's just all part of the act.

Under no circumstances invite these people into your home. Instead find a local flooring contractor.

• Ks
      Jan 15, 2010

I totally agree with the complaint. They are really rude and wanted to decide on the spot
    whether we are going to go with them. I specifically told the person that I am not going to decide on the spot just because he wanted to know it immediately. I told him what I wanted (Red Oak
    hardwood) but he gave a quote for Armstrong Oak. When I asked him why so, he said that
    that is what they have. He would not split the labor, material cost etc. I just got his scribbling
    quote but you knew I just threw the quote in the trash immediately.

Earlier when I called them to fix an appointment, they wanted both of us (me and my wife) needs to be present. I told them if that is the case, I am not interested in wasting 2 hours and
    wait for them to come. Instead we would like to skip the quote and go somehwere else.

NEVER EVER GO WITH THESE GUYS... IT IS A FRAUD

- K S, Billerica, MA

• Ti
      Feb 15, 2010
    National Floors Direct - rude and dishonest customer service
    Alexandria
    Virginia

I went online and applied for an in-home free estimate for carpet. They called me to follow up. Long story short, even though the advertisement says "next day" it is not. I called on Monday and asked for an appointment on Tuesday. Takara, the "customer services" representative said there we're not any appointments, I said thank you and hung up. My schedule changed, I called back and asked for a Friday appointment, apparently when you call they have caller ID, I got Takara again, and she said we talked earlier, I said yes and I would like to have an appointment on Friday. I was put on hold, she comes back and says nothing is available. I said please tell me when there is something available, she put me on hold again and the line went dead - disconnected. I called back again, voicemail for Takara. Bottom-line, terrible service before I was a customer means it only would get worse after they had my money. THINK TWICE - DO NOT USE NATIONAL FLOORS DIRECT. Let's support our hometown flooring companies who probably will work to compete for the business.

Feb 22, 2010
    National Floors Direct - con men
    Connecticut

Ordered our laminate flooring 2/4/10.Our salseman Dave called the office toverify it was in stock. Fine, we agreed on an install date of 2/6/10. and gave our deposit on the floor. We got a call on 2/5/10 from both STEVE and RENA in costomer service. saying that due to the snowstorm in the WASH DC area that the flooring was delayed for a few days...ok, understandable. we were offered either friday or saturday 2/12/10 or 2/13/10. we initally said saturday but switched to friday within 15 minutes. ok'ed by STEVE. friday morning we waited for our installation time. We were told they would call us about 730am to give us our schedualed time.. no call. We called to double check and were told we were not on the schedual...put on hold...and eventually told it was still on for saturday. ( steve denied ever being told of the change) well, so be it. That night we get a call from AARON the installation supv.It seems they only have a few boxes of the floor we want. but, how about another floor, another color...umm lets think...NO !! then it will be another week to get the floor in. We spoke to STEVE again... "maybe a production problem..maybe a distribution problem.. they arnt sure.. We get to HIS supervisor CHARLIE... same bunch of excuses... butthey will keep us posted... NO CALL BACKS... We call DAVE the salesman again... he is very surprised... and will see what he can do. AARON then calls back... 1 more week. not sure what day... it is now 2/22/10 and still no idea when our NEXT DAY floor will arrive We are now going to try to get our deposit refunded. 15% savings means NOTHING if you do not get the floor. DO NOT LET THESE SCAM ARTISTS FOOL YOU !!! Support a LOCAL company. you will thank yourself later !!

• Ob
      Mar 05, 2010

Nazi carpet installers. That's a first.

• Jc
      Apr 07, 2010

By far the worst experience I have ever had with a company is with National Floors direct. They literally were scheduled to come to my house to lay one room of linoleum 5 times. Round 1: They called and cancelled due to product damages. Round 2: They rescheduled for Saturday, called Friday and confirmed they were coming. Around noon I called to find out where they were, and it turns out no one had been assigned to the job (even though the called the day before and confirmed the appointment). Round 3: They called on Friday and confirmed the Saturday appointment. I called them back 5 minutes later and asked them to reconfirm. After 30 minutes (making them call the installers directly) they told me no, never mind, their installer apparently got injured a couple days ago. So when they had called to confirm (35 MINUTES EARLIER) there had actually been no chance of them showing up. Round 4: (Yes, at this point I am a sucker for continuing to schedule them, however they had my deposit, and on round 4 they gave offered me $100 off). They called on Friday to confirm. I called back on Friday and asked them to confirm their confirmation. Confirmed! Saturday someone actually showed up! Then he cut the piece wrong, and/or they sent the wrong size, and couldn’t do the job. This was a contracter who had recently started working on the side for NFD, have little experience w/ Linoleum (was a hardwood floor guy), and said that NDF was constantly screwing him, and he was constantly redoing messed up jobs. The guy was nice, but the situation was a mess… Round 5: I rescheduled them for Wednesday. On Tuesday they called and confirmed. On Wed. I called to check if they were actually coming, and it turns out they were… only they didn’t have all the required material to do the job. So they could either come and do a bad job, and come back, or I could reschedule. I finally learned my lesson and just cancelled. Any other company in the world gives you a free floor at that point, or ½ off, or something. But they refused to go below that $100 off a $600 job. Worst customer service experience of my life… They say they’ll give my deposit back, but I will believe it when I see it. To be honest, if someone said I had to work w/ NFD again, I would probably be willing to pay $100 to get out of that deal and save myself the headache.

• Pa
      Apr 23, 2010
    National Floors Direct - I was victim of your deceiving advertising practices
    888400floor.com

This company Fraudulently advertises NO MONEY down and NO Payments for one year that at the end of your appointment with them, and after you have gone through the entire approval process thinking it is done, they spring on you a 10% cash/check downpayment fee to process the order. This should be disclosed up front in the advertising or at least before you make an appointment and commit your valuable time. They say word of mouth is the best sales tool, well it can also work the other way NFD. I will tell anyone who will listen as to how I was victim of your deceiving advertising practices. I will also relay this to Armstrong Flooring.

• Be
      Apr 26, 2010
    National Floors Direct - stay far away from them
    888400floor.com

They came to the house and acting like an up front company took order and deposit said I would need a certified check for balance. ok well the show up to put in carpet.three guys none of them could speak english their van leaked oil all over my driveway.one of the guys smelled like booze and looked to be about 14. I ask if they where licensed he said yeah drivers license. I said no I means contractors or business license. he said no .I said bonded or insured.

• Vb
      Apr 29, 2010
    National Floors Direct - customer service stinks
    Beware of NFD
    Woodstock
    Connecticut

I had to cancel a floor installation deal (within the 3 day period allowed after signing) with National Floors Direct due to unforeseen issues discovered underneath our existing floor during demo. 17 days after cancelling, my deposit on the install has still not been refunded to me. Three customer service operators on three separate days this week have given me the same response. 'Your refund is 'in accounting' for refund'. No projected date when I might expect to receive the refund, just 'In accounting for refund' Is it just me, or is that really not an acceptable answer when I was originally told that my deposit would be refunded in '10-14 days'??? When I asked to speak with someone who might be able to give me more info, I was very rudely told (by ALL three people!) that they were in fact supervisors and there was no one else for me to speak to. Thanks NFD. As to any future business you might have received from me, as well as my very negative opinion if asked by anyone else looking for flooring...NFD stands for No Friggin' Deal!

Apr 29, 2010

I am going through the similar situation with NFD, and wish I had gone with a local installer before ever getting into this mess.

• Up
      May 10, 2010
    National Floors Direct - horrible company
    Massachusetts

I want to start off by saying that if you are looking for flooring or carpet in any way do not go to National Floors Direct. This is a very corrupt company that takes advantage of consumers. I worked for Empire Today and they actually look like angels compared to this company.

This company has every right in their means to just go to the right price immediately. They really don't understand basic business practices and they have to steal the information from companies like Empire to have any kind of identity. I was forced to lie to customers on a regular basis and they literally tell their "flooring professionals" to lie to the customers to buy. If the reps don't then they get yelled at and threatened by a very immature & inexperienced manager named Dan. It truly is a sad spectacle.

I was lured in to this company by the owner Steve "Sam" Rosenberg making me a ton of promises that he never kept. They didn't even bother to notify me that I was terminated (which I suspect was because they couldn't even pay me anymore) I didn't even get a reason. I just didn't get paid when it came time for pay day and I called relentlessly with nobody to respond. They had someone in customer service call me to let me know.

To back up what I am saying and their credibility. I had over 4 expense checks that bounced. 2 were made right the other 2 I am taking to the authorities. They have been cut off by all of their suppliers due to owing them an insane amount of money and extremely slow payment. I was calling and talking to 2-3 customers a day being told to lie to them stating that the carpet was in "production" or that Armstrong was "out of stock" They have to pay before they get delivery from any company. While all the sons and father Sam drive BMWs and Mercedes the real heartbeat of the company, the suppliers, struggle to get any money at all from NFD. It shows the lack of discipline and disregard to customers rights they really have.

Also if you have a contract with them and you are just reading this. You make the educated decision to not do business with them. Just know that even within your legal 3 day right to cancel. You will have a very difficult time getting your money back. If you do good luck with it clearing your bank.

Good luck!

Disgruntled

Jun 10, 2010
    National Floors Direct - 3/4 work done and it has been over a year
    PO Box 294
    Avon local office in Glastonb
    Phone: 888-400-floor

We started our process 3/26/2017, to date, 6/10/2017, they have never completed the door thresholds, fixed split wood, squeaks that were not supposed to squeak because the sub-floors were guaranteed to be screwed down to stop the squeaks. I have over 1/2 of a room that sounds like crickets and the entry way from outside to all the way down the hall to the living area that also squeaks. You can stand a quarter up between some of the spacing where the boards should butt up against each other. Problem is they got their money upfront because they have to take out a loan that pays them directly (that they don't advertise) and we got screwed. I have disputed their claims of the job being done and GE Money (the finance company who paid them already and is billing us), but they accept NFDs lies, so you can't say to much for their brightness. There is a remaining balance and they have all they are going to get. I the have pictures as well as the floors as proof. The sent a floor specialist from another company out and he walked in and said "wooo, I wouldn't touch this floor without almost tearing it out and redoing at least 60 SF of it. The waves in it are unbelievable." He took pictures with nickels, dimes and quarters standing up in the irregular spacing between the wood pieces and where the drop down thresholds should go...well, there are NOT any thresholds. His Customer Satisfaction Checklist is dated 4/16/10 and states that Customer will be happy if...order 5 t-moldings, 60sq ft-rip up and replace, tuck carpet, repair holes and putty". Apparently, NFD decided not to use him, he hasn't been back, haven't heard from him and the floors are still just like they were. I have contacted Channel 3, Channel 8, BBB, The Attorney General's office and I will file a suit if I need to. Fraud is Fraud anyway you word it, false advertisements just keep airing every day and they are allowed to get away with hurting the consumers like us. They keep lying to GE Money saying I am satisfied and that the work has been done and GE Money keeps agreeing in their favor. They won't send me the info that NFD keeps providing to GE Money, much less come out and just do what they are supposed to do. I am about to send in my 3rd or 4th dispute and I can play their game the same as they can. NFD reps have been out here many many times, measuring, re-looking at it, and I keep telling them, it hasn't changed since the last time they were here . NFD lied just out right lied to GE Money by sending them the Customer Satisfaction Checklist from the first day they came out and one from the end of the same week. Well, they convinced GE Money that I WAS TOTALLY SATISFIED, which is just the OPPOSITE and it has been over a year now and I still have NO thresholds, splits in the high priced cherry wood. I paid top dollar already for the shoddy work I got and I won't pay another dime...just biding time...I will keep disputing, keep spreading the word of their deceitful practices and their sweet words coated with lies. Where my vents are at, they used a round hole cutter and split the wood under the vents and if you pick up the vent you can clearly see what a mess they made. The carpets were fine and look great, no complaints. I paid that loan off before it was due. I'd have paid the other off if I'd been completely satisfied or even close to being satisfied. I asked them to take the remaining balance and them eat it and I will have my floors fixed myself. They have not responded. They have sent probably more lies to GE Money as they keep saying they have to side with NFD. If it were their floors...they'd still be raising heck like me.

I have many many pictures, but here is just a couple where you can see the splits and one place where they drilled a hole where we told them we didn't want to put cable back in, but they did it anyway, then they plugged it with putty and put dark stain over it, but this is what it looked like 2 days later when the stain dried...it didn't stay, but the putty color did.

I remain to date a very unsatisfied customer on the wood floors that are NOT finished yet. Pictures say a 1000 words, but I bet I have a 1/4 of a million.

• Aa
      Jun 17, 2010

Just say NO to this company. They lie to you and keep your money. We canceled our contract with them less than 24 hours after deciding to go with them, because I had a gut feeling that anyone that would drop their price by $1, 000 in less than 20 minutes, maybe they are not the best company. Well I should have never have written a check to them...8 weeks later. NO REFUND! They have $1, 400 of our money and sadly I don't think we will ever get it back. Every time we call they have some sort of excuse of why we have not gotten our money. We did get a check and it bounced. BEWARE people this company is corrupt, the worst I have ever dealt with. They are crooks and that's all I can say.

• Ms
      Jun 18, 2010
    National Floors Direct - rug installation
    Massachusetts

My husband and I had this company come out to put a runner on our stairs...what a nightmare! I am now arguing with them in an attempt to get a refund. Their service was awful, and the installation was terrible. The installation was done on May 26, 2017, and it is already fraying and coming off of the stairs. They were supposed to come fix it this week, and they did not show up or call me. The customer service was awful, and the installation was awful. I am now seeking legal help to see if I can get a full refund because they told me they will not refund my money. They offered to come out and fix it, but I need to wait for a part to come in because the binding machine is broken. I got the runaround more than once, and they didn't show up more than once. I was told several different stories depending on who I spoke with...I could go on and on...It is a terrible way to treat people and to run a business.

Jun 22, 2010

Did you see what I am going through with National Floors Direct? I just filed my third Dispute Claim with GE Money who was the one who financed the $17, 000 worth of Cherry Iron Wood and our Carpeting that was installed. See mine, Sandra J. Reynolds, just a couple below you on this same site. I have paid the carpet off because it was fine except for where they still owe me a threshold over that edge of the carpet as well as other thresholds in the house that are STILL MISSING IN ACTION. This started 3/26/09 and it is now 6/22/10...go figure. I am just outraged that we can't get enough people together to file a class action suit against them...If you are interested, I am and all we need is one more and then we can open it to the public too that have used their less than acceptable and shotty work.
    Sincerely submitted, I feel your pain!

• Ra
      Feb 14, 2011
    National Floors Direct - awful
    Massachusetts

National Floors Direct was hired to install carpet at my home. The first sales guy I kicked out because he was too rude and pushy. He was giving my wife an attitude while I was working outside (I came back in and told him to get out). He slammed the door on the way out. The second guy was pretty nice and informed me that the last guy was fired (not sure if it was true or a sales gimmick). The install team came in about a week later and started the install. I had to sign a disclaimer stating that they could scratch the baseboard, which I was fine with since I could touch it up later. I was not allowed upstairs during the install since they were moving furniture. They finished pretty quickly and I did a walk through and everything seemed fine. They did a fair job (7 out of 10). The main floors seemed fine, but they ripped up a bunch of fabric on the stairs tucking the carpet and there were some areas that were not level. There were also several areas where the staples are coming up so it squeaks a little when stepped on. I did the walk through it I was not being picky since I was selling the house. The next day I noticed that the furniture was damaged in several areas. The furniture was brand new prior to them moving it. I did not notice it right away because the installers sanded down the furniture and used stain pens to cover their tracks. It was also a little awkward having them follow me around because they did not speak any English so they just nodded at everything I said even though they did not understand what I was saying. They never attempted to notify me that there was any damage and followed me around pressuring me to give them the OK to leave. The iFnstall team also shredded the baseboard in several areas. The wood is split in several areas. I have since tried to resolve the issue with National Floors, but the senior customer service representative (Sasha) stated that the installed team would not do that and that we overpaid for our furniture so he will not correct the issue or pay for the damages. We did have a warranty on the furniture, but National Floors voided it by sanding it in an attempt to cover their tracks. Very shady business practices.

• Be
      Sep 20, 2011
    National Floors Direct - awful, awful, awful
    National Floors Direct

They are so forceful to sign a contract the date they showed up, they started the price from double and trying to thread me they will go for 15% with others pricematch, they took deposit which they never given me back upon cancellation of contract.Total balony staff, worst customer service, no way next day installation, becasue products are not in stock, thereis no way they can do 15%price match.really Fake TV ad.They visited my place on July 22 and gave me an estimate of $1786.00 for carpet installation, They forcefully request me to bind a contract I told them I have other people''s coming in to give me the estimate I can''t sign a contract until I see every one''s estimate.Mark (Sales man) for very aggressive about his sale, he called his boss and they gave mew new price of $1286.00 and questioned me I have to sign a contract before he leaves the site, after that discount will not be valid, I told him I do not believe in signing contract unless i see other''s number, he then offered if they give me less price than their quote they will do 15% price match. and with no obligation I can cancel my contract in 3 business days. that sounds toooooo excellent, alot of things were revolving in my mind, he sat down and talks so quick and started the paperwork, he questioned me the installation day I said Friday afternoon, once he did the paperwork he questioned me to pay a 10% deposit of $129.00 which he didn''t tell me before, I said that OK, i will pay you through credit card, he said only check or MONEY, I told him you didn''t tell me in the beginning that you don''t take cards, he apologized for his misrepresentation.I signed a contract he then left, another company gave me $1050.00 price for the same JOB and material, written contract I told him with in 3 days that can they do 15% price match, he said they can only go till $1000.00 I run out of my 3 days contract which they forcefully signed by me now I am stuck with them with 1000.00 I said OK.The installation people showed up at my house on Thursday morning I told them its not for today its for Friday.On Friday they showed up at my place for a second time 9:30am, I wasn''t home, I told them over the phone its in afternoon, I was very upset with all these miscommunication and discrepancies.I cancelled my appointments after 10am and showed up at home, because they were waiting outside my house.I was so upset so far with their customer service.The installation guy questioned me to pay first with MONEY Only, before they start the JOB, I told them I need to talk to 800 number, becasue they didn''t inform me to pay first then start the JOB.I called them and staff was very very rude, Guy told me if I don''t pay them first, he will cancel the order and keep my $129.00 for the material, I told them this is incorrect they do every thing so forcefully, they bind me in a contract by saying that they can do 15% price match, which they didn''t do, then installation guy showed up on unscheduled day and time, I am very upset already now he is telling me pay first otherwise they will cancel the order, he said that''s what the policy is?? Mark didn''t tell me to pay first, why they keep my CASH for the material which is not even used for any thing.He said he can''t help me other than cancelling it, I told him Ok do that and I will report it to BBB, he said its OK with them they can take care of the complaint, but not refunding me my $129.00 back.