National Floors Direct / horrible service

Douglas, MA, United States Review updated:
I have never dealt with a company so pathetic as National Floors Direct. I could go on and on about my experiences with them, but here is the skinny:

First, they would not beat their competitor's price as advertised by 15%. In fact they were over a $100 more.

Since they promised next day installation, we decided to just pay the extra $100+ and get the project done.

That was until the next day came and they didn't show after waiting around all morning.

We rescheduled and had to take time off from work. They said they would be there between 10 and 3. They didn't show up till 2:55pm. Installation was done by three people who didn't speak English. Our baseboard molding was scraped pretty badly and missing a chunk in one spot.

To make maters worse, they charged us the full price even though they promised us a discounted price due to not showing up next day as promised.

After several phone calls to their unhelpful customer service, they finally promised us a credit but of course they didn't deliver that either!!

Several phone calls were made where we were told that we would get the credit in 15 days, or they would do it today, etc. I heard it all. Here we are a week later and still no credit...

I finally just had to stop payment on my credit card.

PLEASE, PLEASE... save yourself some aggrevation and just go with the LOCAL guy!!!

Comments

Kr
  28th of Jul, 2008
What a nightmare this company is, I would never suggest this company to anyone save yourself the headache and do NOT give their time. I had scheduled for new laminate floors in my living room and new carpet in the bedrooms in June 2008 and set a date of July 23 and 24th which was plenty of time for them to schedule me. When Friday came I called several times to figure out when they were coming out and never could get a straight answer they finally showed up at 4pm and didn't finish until almost 8pm at night. The nightmare began on Saturday though I cleared out the bedrooms and the rooms were pretty much bare at this point with the exception of the furniture they had to move, it was not almost noon and still no sign or phone call from anyone. I finally called the company and they told me they had nothing scheduled for me I told them they were not coming out. I explained to them they had too come out I had my entire house torn apart. When the manager called me he said he had 6 installers call out which I knew was lie since Jeff told me that he never even had me on the list! I finally got them to come out on that Sunday, the installers came out at 1pm and then looked at the furniture and said he was not told to move anything and refused to move it. We then moved had to get it out and then they broke my lamp and left without moving any of the furniture back into the rooms. My house was a disaster by the time they left. The carpet does look okay but could have done a much better job than they did! I over 4, 000 and I am not happy at all!! I would not recommend this company to anyone save yourself from a headache these people are awful!! I now am fighting with them to get my money back for the furniture and the lamp they broke!

National Floors Direct Logo National Floors Direct