National Enterprise Systems / Collection Tactics

1 OH, United States Review updated:

I have received exactly 1 call from National Enterprise Systems (NES). I have received no mail correspondence from them. They told me that I was "defrauding" their client. That is far from the case, and I'm not disputing the debt. What I have a problem with is the way they threaten and intimidate. When I talked to them, they told me that the debt had to be settled on the first contact (I've never heard of this). They insisted that I provide them with my bank account information, which I did after some hesitation, and after they assured me that no transaction would take place.

At first, they would not even extend me the courtesy of 24-hours to try to make some arrangements. After speaking to a "supervisor", the 24-hours was finally granted. After I was unable to come up with the funds immediately, they told me that they would file a lawsuit, against me and my wife (she has her own credit in her name, with her SSN). I'm not sure how they can do that.

They then said that "it should not take 50 calls to get to you" (keep in mind that they only called me 1 time). After that, they nastily hung up the phone on me, without any common courtesy.

The 2 NES employees that I dealt with were extremely rude, extremely discourteous, and extremely unprofessional. They don’t seem to care about anybody’s personal situation. I guess they probably work on commission.

The Better Business Bureau (bbb.org) in Ohio has given NES an “Unsatisfactory” rating.

I'm not sure how a legitimate creditor can sign on with them for their collection efforts.

I have dealt with other collection agencies, and they have been very understanding, helpful, and patient.

Comments

• Gr
      28th of May, 2014

Well, it looks as though I am just one of many people who have had to deal with NES. I'm not sure of the name of the woman I spoke with initially. She said that she had been frantically trying to reach me for the past 2 days. I explained that I was at WORK; WORKING! I finally caved and told her she could have 5 minutes at which point, with no notice, a man came on the phone speaking so quickly I could barely understand him. He said he was calling regarding my Sallie Mae student loans, knew I couldn't pay the monthly amount and offered me a substantially (and I do mean SUBSTANTIALLY) lower payment for 12 months. He said it would wipe it off of my credit record and would appear as though I had never defaulted and my tax returns would no longer be held. "All" I had to do was give him my banking information and make my first payment today. When I explained that I wasn't comfortable just giving out my banking information and wanted to do some investigating first he went from sounding like a jovial game show host to a sadistic A$$. I said to him that he must understand that with today's technology and all of the scams out there, I would be a fool not to do my homework first. Wow! That was it. He was ticked off and the threats just came pouring out! I was flabbergasted to say the least. I found the company and several complaints on line as I was on the phone with him. Each time he threatened me I read him another accusation related to his company. Of course that was only because they were a collection company. Ummmm...NO! Unfortunately, over my many years I have had the misfortune of having to speak with a couple of different collection companies. I have NEVER been treated that way. I have NEVER been spoken to that way. I have NEVER been threatened that way. The man I spoke with was Carmine Vincifora. If that's even his real name. I wouldn't give MY real name out if I were him. Treating people like that definitely has the potential to cause someone to snap. Not me, because I've read too much to worry about them at this point. I just hope no one else falls victim to the tactics this company is using!