National Enterprise Systems / Beware of them

NES is the job from ***. I worked for them for 18 months. In training they stress FDCPA laws. However once on the collection floor they tell you to forget what you learned in training. They set a goal of 8k in fee you have to collect just to cover your desk and their expenses they have to pay just to have you as an employee. Supervisor are to walk the collection floor at all times, if they see you are on a call, they will yell at you and say do not let that person hang up without a check by phone, credit card payment or one by a family member. If the consumer refuses the supervisor will take the call over and berate the consumer until they do so. They are in strict violation, if I can help I will testify to this affect.

Va

Comments

• Mu
      3rd of Sep, 2008

I have to tell you all my story. Recently Chase Bank called (7/30) and asked that I up my payment to at least $140/month to stay current. What I was not told was that my debt was going to be charged off. Nevertheless, all the Chase Bank rep told me was that if I didn't comply, I was going to be handed over to their attorneys. Since she called me at work, I could not process a payment over the phone with her but promised to do so later in the day, which I did for August payment. By the way she behaved more like a debt collector and was not honest enough in her discussions with me about this debt and the prevailing situation. Well, early August, I receive a call from a man who only said, he was calling in connection with the Chase Bank debt as they were listed to collect it and if I didn't comply, this would become a court case and I risked being sued -- he said that the MD courts would be contacting you. Thereafter I received several calls, some calls included threats and being told that I was in restitution against one of their callers; I had committed credit card fraud, that they would contact my credit union to report this fraud and have my wages garnished because, the caller told me, while you are making payments on all these other debts, you are not making good on Chase debt; we will call your HR, we will sue you, have your license seized, deliver a summons to you at your workplace; one lady caller even harrassed my kids and demanded my cell phone number from them. When she called my cell and I asked her how she got the number, she told me, you have to understand that you are under investigation and we are digging whatever I can dig on you to get to you. This is after I have spent close to a few hours on the phone with her and I agree to pay what I could afford and she processed a payment of $1, 042 against this debt, now she turns around and says, I am under investigation. I had ENOUGH of National Enterprise Systems and called FTC, filed a complaint, was advised to write to them and include in the letter a proposed payment plan. All done, I feel relieved and feel the freedom. When the lady called back, I told her about the complaint and the letter to them. She was so upset and called me a coward for taking such an action and a liar. Later I called Chase Bank to let them know how lousy and terrible NES has been and also told them I had filed a complaint against NES with FTC. The Chase Bank rep asked me to fax them a copy of the letter to NES and assured me that they would reclaim the debt back which I was told today has been done. My debt is no longer with the NES but back with Chase Bank!!!

I just googled and read about credit cards being charged off and the impact on one's credit report and this prompted to call Chase Bank again because I remembered in my initial follow up with Chase Bank, one of their reps told me the reason for turning me over to the debt collector was because my debt had charged off. I explained to this rep today the conversation of July 30 and what I was adviced to do to ensure that I brought my minimum monthly payment to a reasonable payment. Looked like this rep realised that there was an error on their part in the way this case was handled.

I was told that I would continue to pay the $140/month which I was told by the July 30 Chase Bank caller. I asked about the impact this charge off would have on my credit report and was told that since they doing a reversal, it would not appear. I have to call them in 7-10 days on that.

In a way, this turn of events is surprising. All the merry go around chain of events on my debt (Chase Bank -- NES -- Chase Bank).

What do you all read into this about Chase Bank???? Thanks for your comments.

• Sm
      25th of Sep, 2008

Thank you for this insight. Chase did the same bulls**t to me and this company has been all over me with threats, multiple rude representatives and harassment. I appreciate this knowledge and it has provided me an easier and less pain-staking way of handling the situation. I just got off the phone with these people two hours ago but I haven't committed to giving them any funds as of yet. They are so unprofessional and they have really stressed out.