National Electronics WarrantyTermination

J Review updated:

I was wrongfully terminated from NEW on [protected] when a customer called in and complained. We have alot of those cause our policies are we have to ts and alot of customers dont want to do anything. So the customer hung up on me and called back to complain, an alert was put on me whcih resulted in my termination. The call was not monitored and there was no evidence that I was not doing my job as per company guidelines and I dont think that is right, if I did somethign wrong and they show me that that is one thing but if they cant prove I wasnt doing my job as they trained thats another.

Willing to join and lawsuit or class action against this company...

Comments

• S
      Jun 23, 2009

I am a service center and have been with this company for about three years. Have yet to get a job from them. I understand they are going the way of the Geek Squad. I have had a lot of customers asking me about their set up of their new HD TVs. I tell them not to let those guys into their houses and go buy a TV from a reputable dealer, as Best Buy is not! I have been in the service business for 16 years serving about 40, 000 cusotmers. I refer businesses that do business with me. New, I do not refer and tell the customer to run from signing an extended warranty contract. There are a few companys that try to control our field and they always fail. The independent servicer will always prevail.

Jun 29, 2009

Yes, I was wrongfully terminated in 2005 for having a leave of absents and was told to bring in a doctors report and I brought in the doctors report and still i was terminated. Wrongful termination which was proved by the unemployment insurance department and Iwas rewarded my unemployment. I really like my job and I was doing a great one at that, being recognitioned by customers and all. I find it wrong. Would like to sue as well. Any other takers.

Jul 22, 2009

i also was wrongfully terminated july 21 2009 for missing too many days of work get this i missed 6 days within the whole year i was working there and i brought in those doctors notes to verify why i was gone and my fiance had a kiddney infection on a couple of those days and was bed ridden and because i wasnt married yet they refused that doctors note and then i was in er for a fevor of 104.7 during my shift and so i called in and brought a note and they soposadly excepted that but then when i brought in a note for a 3rd degree burn for being 17min late to work they fired me said i accumalated to many points and even though i had a doctors note for everything they had to terminate me all they care about is people on the phones they dont care about anyones health screw that company! yes im in with all of you!

Aug 02, 2009

I was also terminated for attendance issues. I loved my job there but had issues with my supervisor. I was told to talk to her sup about a change because she had many complaints about her. Well, I did that and her sup only forwarded it to my sup, so what do you think happened. It made my job so horrible, getting monitored by her all the time. and the coachings where beyond tolerating. I bet those coachings aren't monitored... I had a death in the family, a heart attack, and finally was tardy and was told to get off the phones and call my sup. At that point, they booted me off and that was the end of it. So sad, I loved my job with DirecTv, it was the constant harping from sups that created such a horrible work environment. If you don't believe us, look at the turnover ratio, its unbelievable. Also when you have a site like this with so many of the same issues, it might be worth looking into..

Aug 02, 2009

SO ipunchbabies, the reason is because they are so ### backwards up there and didnt say ### to me about the termination I found out from sup's and managers I know after they heard I was tearmed and there wasn't prrof of anything, so there is your interesting. Or how about the fact that as a company completely bends directv rules and policies so NEW gets paid and bonus's and the quality dept lying to the higher ups about the monitors being done when there not. Why not look into those things and find something interesting. or how about terming people for points when there on FMLA

Aug 02, 2009

And as far as I could tell thats why I made the post here and am fighting for my unemployment is cause I am denying the alligations. Its not like they give you all that info when they terminate you, they just pull you off the phone in front of everyone have 2 supervisors go through your ### while there having you sign a paper. Was almost a week after the fact that I was told all the helpfull info about the ### termination

Aug 04, 2009

lol well im not the one coming to a site like this for no apperent reason but to talk ### about what someone else has to say. Just the attitude of 90% of the losers in upper management of NEWBut I am sure the ones who succeed well there has extra padding on the knee pads

• I
      Aug 22, 2009

Myself and my boyfriend were wrongly terminated within 2 weeks of each other. We had moved into a new apartment and didn't know it had mold and we ended up getting very sick. We made several trips to the doctor and the E.R. We both took an LOA so we wouldn't accrue points. However, I had a few good days so I went back into work but my boyfriend was still pretty ill so he had his LOA extended. They said just get the doctor to sign it and have it in on the 15th. The 13th we get a call saying if he doesn't have the paperwork in by the next day he's terminated. Well he showed up with his paperwork to find his desk was already packed and they had the termination paperwork ready. They put the WRONG return date on his paperwork, didn't call until a day after it was due and told him to be in the next day so it was even turned in later than it was supposed to be.

When it came to my termination I had accrued points but I always checked before leaving to make sure I wouldn't go over. They knew I was still back and forth with an illness and we still didn't know what was making us sick at that point. I checked with my supervisor one night, went home a few hours early and the next day I was terminated. There was .13 points evidently that I'd accrued from going over on a break that they'd "forgotten" to apply the MONTH before. They've terminated friends of mine that work there as well for points that just mysteriously "appear". I'd love to take the snakes to court but the state I live in is a Right to Work state and I don't think we'd get anywhere with it.

Aug 22, 2009

"imalittleteapot " You never know I would consult with a lawyer about it before you give up or even talk with the labor board. I don't think it matters what state you live in there are laws that protect employee's as well. I am in Oregon and I know a few people that were termed for points when they were on FMLA and a big time lawyer had no problems picking that up and actually going after them for a few more things as well.
    On a actually bright note for me my hearing has come and gone for my unemployment since they tried denying it saying ly's and bending what actually happened in there favo I was awarded my unemployment. NEW didn't even bother to call in so I got it by default. They have 20 day's to appeal it but I know they wont bother because they will have to show proof I did what they said and there isnt any...

Oct 20, 2009

NEW in Klamath Falls wrongfully fired me as well. I have seen a lot of FMLA terms as well as people termed because "they did not fit in". Long story short, I fell victim to a bad supervisor. Unemployment dis-agreed with N.E.W and honored my unemployment benefits.

Nov 05, 2009

Lost my job with NEW last week. Was there almost 2 years. No warning what so ever. Received my review the week before and all was well. Received a raise on the Thursday after and fired on Friday. Was told due to 4 scripting alerts in the month of Oct.. I had seen one of them and told not to worry about it. The others mysteriously appeared the week they fired me. My supervisor said it appeared to be a pattern. Hmmmm 2 years with the company and suddenly a pattern starts. I don't think so. They hired way too many people and did not have enough desks from them all. Some people were working in training rooms. Very sad about the situation. I liked my job and the people. Never thought they would screw me over like this.

Nov 05, 2009

Yea the job was ok minus getting yelled at and having to take it. I hated the 2 faced back stabbing policies that place has. Like advertising no saling yet manditory to work sundays and sell the sunday ticket. And so they can fill the quota by law to hire so many people a year is what happened to you and over hiring so they dont get fined. Also got to love the priceless miss behaving manager that you will find on myspace with comments about all the partying, and that you can find nose in the air at the bar, sorry sounds vengful just think its sad when people think there better then anyone else and most managers and sups up there do just that

Nov 10, 2009

well looks like im gonna be in the same boat. can someone aadvise me on what i can do. been with the co 13 months and now im told i may be let go cause oof points i have accumulated over the last yr from system issue(losing calls cause citrix dropped but all internet is working) out of the points i have accumulated are mostly on NEW end and they wont remove the points cause the way RMC document the call. I have only missed a few hrs here and there but cant add up to more than 4 -10 hr days since i started. The rest are all system issues with citrix, and they keep passing the buck and when i prove it isnt my isp they say it must be a third party. My manager said I am not NEW material even though my stats are way below goal. the month of oct i had a 621 with an aftercall of 9. resolutions is also way below goal. so why am I a bad employee and that i dont fit in cause of staying connected to citrix. can someone help or advise what i should do cause ill probably get my termination papers in the next few days. thanks

Nov 10, 2009

I would talk to the labor board at some point about the comment your manager is making towards you. Other then that not much you can do that I can think of. COmpanies like that are never to blame for anything and the little people always get the blame. I would keep copies of your coaching logs and scores since they will throw them away and not give you them when they clean out your desk. You could also try to talk to HR about feeling targeted for no reason and show that your stats are good and get the ball rolling one thing I didnt do. ANd the whole points thing is ### unless they changed there policies aren't they supposed to be rolling off after 6 months still

• C
      Jan 06, 2010

I current work for NEW and I must say that I love it. I work in the Arkansas center which is fairly new. It has been open a year and a half, and I have worked there a year. The few people I have seen actually get fired knew it was coming because they had way too many points. You have to miss a lot of work to accumulate the 12 points. I don't understand why people can't just go to work. I do understand if you are ill, such as the couple above who were sick from the mold. There are so many people at my center who miss work just because they know they will not get fired until they reach the 12 points. In all fairness, you also have the oppurtunity to earn those points back, by simply going to work when you are suppose to. I think NEW is a wonderful company to work for, and the benefits are amazing. I think people get spoiled when they work there and begin to get lax in their responsibilities. At this point I have negative 4 points...after a year of employment...it's not hard to do.

Jan 06, 2010

unfortunately, all your complaints (not just the OP) is the same tired, sad, vicious cycle of all call centers in the united states. the brand new centers are the best, for roughly the first 2 years, then the turnover skyrockets because people within the center rise to supervisory and team leader roles, and get the wrong ideas about meeting stats and goals. I've worked at the Convergys-run [protected]@Home Call center in 2001, and later for Comcast in 2005. They intentionally make deals with cities to get tax breaks for setting up shop in their area, turn over 80% of those cities, then pull out as soon as those tax abatements run out. These call-centers are likely run exclusively in right-to-work states so they can give any non-racial, non-sexually driven reason, or even none at all when they want to get rid of you. Frankly, labor offices, HR, and current laws are just not on your side if you're not a mindless drone or pushy salesman. The Comcast job had 2 seperate centers, one for IT and one for sales. guess which one they closed? yup, the sales one. they made all the IT people who were originally guaranteed that they wouldn't be doing sales to push products and services, even to people pissed off about their current service. I even found out one of my no-reason-given terminations was probably racially driven (found out 2 years after the fact when my Roommate mentioned my Supervisor had been termed for those circumstances)

Bottom line; get a lawyer on retainer, keep records on any coaching and review sessions, and play the harassment card if there's any chance you can.

• W
      Jan 08, 2010

I have been with NEW [protected]@H for just about a year now, and I have to say, it is the best job I have ever had. Becides working from home, the people that I work with are incredible. My sup is very good at her job ( she is originally from Klamath Falls, OR. call center) and she helps out alot when it comes to working with scheduled time off. Being a [protected]@H agent, I find it nearly impossible to not to go to work. Even though there is alot of [protected]@H agents who dont make it to work everyday. It would take alot in my opinion to get fired from NEW. If your stats are low, and you have great attendance, there has to be underlying issues somewhere. If your sick ( becides the mold issue) you can still get to work. I have worked @ home, with a 102 fever. However, system issues is a whole different story... if they are having issues...most of the time its site wide, or more then just you having those issues. Yes I know that ISP's have their fair share of issues. I am currently with Verizon 7 meg service, and very rarely do I have issues. (Lucky I guess). I am sorry you all have lost your jobs. Thats very unfortunate. I would hope you can overcome this and move on. But for the rest of you who currently work in a call center or [protected]@H, best of luck to you all as well! I love my job as some of you do. I am hoping for a sups job within the year. Best of Luck everyone :)

Feb 25, 2010

Ok i a have to agree with the ones whom have gotten fired. And I still Work For this Idiotic Company. I urge everyone whom has gotten fired for this company's stupid, childish policies, get a lawyer and file a class action suit against the company. this company i no where near a great company to work for. i have been in customer service for over 16 years, and have been a manager for another company for over 5 years. all NEW cares about is the mechanics. they coould care less about the customers and how they feel (just like directv)
    -they have a point system in place where if you get 12 points your gone, well that's not a problem there. the problem is how they tack points on to you to get the 12 points is the problem.
    -for each day you miss its 2 whole points. if you have a doctors excuse its 1 point per day you miss. Now this totally childish of a company to do this to an employee. if someone is sick and the doctor tells you not to go to work for medical reasons. then NEW should not be penalizing employees for this. of the employee presents a doctors excuse then he or should not get any points whatsoever for having an excuse from the doctor.
    -you can still clock in on time and still get points. where they get you is the phone. if you are not readied in at the time you are scheduled then points will start occuring. they give an additional 4 min throughout the day to not be late on the phone. which isn't much. they give you 2 15 min breaks and a 1 hour lunch break and dumbest of all is the 9 min emergency break (like restroom issues). its pretty lame. say if someone has to use the restroom and is having bad stomach issues at the time they need to aux 9 (for emergency break) and is unable to make it back before the 9 min is up they will get points. now the 9 min rule the like the extra 4 min through out the day. your only allowed 9 min through out the day. so if go take a piss. the time you aux out on the phone is when the clock starts ticking and then yo have to walk clear across the building to get to the restroom (depending where you sit) then back. to your desk. and there is nothing you can do about getting points. the sups will not help you with this because they can't its out of their hands. it comes from whomever controls the points system. and they don't care.
    -yes it is true their is a "if you don't fit then we don't want you here" going on. the one i work for has sups that should not be a sup. if you try to apply for sup and you have experience in the electronics field, customers service and management experience. they will not even consider you for sup. they give to those that are in their little clique. They will get rid of you if they don't like you or show potential of moving up. doesn't matter how good your stats are.
    -Quality grading is ridiculous. the grading system is downright dumb. you can get counted off for not taking customers through the ts steps again after they had already ts day before with another tech. say if customer had a pd balance the day before and they had ts for searching for sat signal and the tech is unable to send a truck out to fix issue because of the pd bal. customer call in the next day to pay the balance and then gets transfered to tech support to have truck rolled. well we have to take them back through the ts steps. making the customer more pissed off. which i would be too if i had to go through it again.
    -quality will count you off for the most dumbest reasons like receiver will not turn on or remote control will not work. no matter what they want you to still pull a script and follow it before replacing anything. Directv has some of the crappiest equipment. if a receiver does not turn on. all you can do is have the customer plug into another outlet and if it still don't turn on the the next thing to do is replace it. d12-500 and r15-500 are the two biggest that have known issue but yet Directv still sends them out only to get them back later. Remotes if it don't light up even after changing batteries, then it needs to be replaced. somethings like these two issue a script is not needed to follow because it never changes.
    -and as far as the scripts go. they are too contradicting. i wont even try to explain that one. too much to tell. but yet you still get counted off for it. if one part says offer a service call and yet quality says no you should have continued with script when their is no script to follow after it says offer as service call.. quality grading is lame and very biased.
    overall this company needs to sued big time for the treatment of employees.

Mar 28, 2010

I wonder if that [protected]@H agent from 79 days ago is still with the company now. NEW lost their entire BBY [protected]@H division and did a firing sweep of [protected]@H agents. I was wrongfully terminated and HR sent in misleading documentation to block my unmployment benefits. I am filing a lawsuit against HR for sending misleading documentation. This company only has a few years left. Their clients are getting smarter like Best Best/Geek Squad and outsourcing customer service overseas. They will lose all of their clientele soon and they deserve it how they treat their employees.

• T
      Apr 01, 2010

I was wrongly terminated by NEW in 2007 for allegations of Sexual Harassment but the nature of these was never explained to me. Also I sent a complaint to my supe's supe about her treatment of myself & my team & he forwared it right to her! She told me he did, even & then proceeded to scream at me. My QA scores were great, I had customer commendations EVERY month, my overall resolution times were super low, I wasn't transferring anymore but handling ALL customer issues myself because I learned how to do Tulsa, Installation & Sales & Billing's stuff, I even got service calls scheduled ahead of available dates b/c I'd go above & beyond for my customers!

I worked 60-80 hrs/wk regularly & never had a single complaint against me by my team or my customers. In fact when we had a temp supe for 6 wks, she put me in for a SME position due to my stats & knowledge & was grooming me for supervisor as well.

The only person who had any issue w/ me at all was my direct supervisor & that's just b/c I was the only one on the team who'd stand up to her & voice my concerns at how she was treating the MEN on her team. She worked to intentionally segregate all the men from the women on her team which is in of itself sexist but that was ok b/c she's from India!

I'd happily jump in on a suit here or if others are interested, help facilitate one. There was no reason to fire me, it was purely fabricated b/c my supe disliked me & it's not cool how often it happens. Ironically too, it happened about a mo prior to profit sharing checks hmmm.

Apr 10, 2010

Well, I still work for N.E.W. but may be on the edge of getting fired. Main reason is for my AHT. It has always been high. Everything else is ok. I get commendations every month. Almost all of my customers seem pleased at the end of the calls, but it is just a little high. I understand if its above goal they issue warnings. No problem. I was on my third warning, but showed improvement from the past 6 months. Was at around 800, but got it down to the 730s. My supe said since i have been showing so much improvement i wouldnt get my 4th warning and to just keep improving. I had one bad week... and i mean bad... every day i would have nothing but bad calls and every day I ended in the 800s. Well i have my first coaching of the month and i find out the manager wants to give me the warning now for one bad week. I was always under the impression that it took a month for a warning to be issued. From i hear my supe was able to talk them out of it (thank goodness). I have been blessed with supes that actually care. I have heard some supes really dont care, but i am not going to form an opinion about that one. So i have to wait and see if I can use these two days to get my stats to avoid that warning...

OH

and another thing. during that same coaching, i had gotten an aux abuse warning. It said i had been in aux 6, which is calling the customer back, for 30 minutes exactly but I didnt call the customer. I know i didnt go into a wrong aux because i dont have any kind of 30 minute break. I was shocked because I know better. My supe was like, maybe we were slow and you just didnt know. The thing is, I dont care if we had 100 people availible, if I didnt get a call in 5 mins, I would be checking my phone to make sure I was readied in. And plus, if I had not gotten for 30 mins straight.. I would have remembered that!! So we will see where that goes.

I also had two friends I had training with get, in my view, wrongfully termed. The first had walking pneumonia and had two stacks of papers signed by two doctors that she needed to be off of work for at least a week. When she tried to get her LOA, a manager determined that her condition wasnt a good enough reason to miss work and she should come in. Thus, she pointed out. The second pointed out as well but never got any warning from what I hear. Our supe had transferred to another site and we had interim supes for about a month more or less. Well when we got our new supes, the supe she was assigned to had to take a LOA for an illness. Well she had missed the points and never got any kind of warning from anyone because she never had any coachings or anything. The whole thing just seemed too fishy to me.

And its the same thing as someone else said. When we were hired we were told that we were tech support. We can sell things to customers if the they express and interest of if you want to try to sell it, but we wouldnt be required to. Well now we have to in certain situations. And if we dont, quality will take points off. SPEAKING of quality I got points taken off because a customer called in with remote that wasnt working. No lights flashing, nothing. We changed batteries, and i even tried to reset the remote. I got counted off because i didnt pull up the script that said change the batteries...ugh..

anyway sorry i had to rant.. feel much better now lol.

Jun 11, 2010

Hello everybody, I'm going to let it be known on her who I am, my name is: NIYOKA WILLIAMSON & I was a faithful employee for N.E.W. in Crestview, FL for 4 1/2 years, I was not given my maternity benefits, these unprofessional fools wanted me to come to work on my due date and then request my leave which was impossible b/c I had to be there @ 12am Aug.10th, my shift started @ 7am. I trained every Tom, Dick, and Harry that came in there and they always became my supervisor, I've bent over backwards for their ungreatful [censor] & they gave me their [censor] to kiss. I've stayed overtime so they could take new employess off the phone to go in the breakroom to work on posters to promote "Attendance" while service levels were @ 21%. 1 particular so called boss who didn't know her job, I trained her who became my supervisor, she didn't even give me a raise my last year that I was there. They love to train certain ones for a higher job that is coming up & when you go to apply for it, the supervisors already know good and hell well who they are going to hire for da job. The hypocrits are the supervisors. It's weird how some people out their could be in Tim Lamkin's office making out with them and nothing was ever said about that. I was trained on BBY replacements, BBY scheduling, BBY 3rd party, DirectTV, I always went into the training room but didn't get trainer's pay, but I tell ya what N.E.W., all I gotta say is: Appreciate the employees that you do have & stop criticizing Quality so much, b/c the employees that is left there, don't have to be there, they could be somewhere being treated a whole lot better, but ya reap what cha sew, and like I told all the PHONY supervisors over and over and I will say it AGAIN: You can only do people wrong for so long but pay day is coming, so when it comes to mess, sweep around ya own front door b4 you go knocking at someone elses trying to mess it up. Customers want to have their products fixed...NOT worried about how professional you sound. The workers are not the ones that is providing bad quality, its the ones that is in charge of these lame prorams including da company or so called wanna be in charge. I can honestly say, my sanity has been a whole lot better since I left that place in 2006. Oh and if you guys don't know, know this: when you don't back down to them and get the supervisors off your back, they will say you have a negative attitude, that's why they didn't like me. I rather dig ditches than go to back to that enemy camp. IIIIIII DONNNNNNT MISSSSS NNNNNN.EEEEE.WWWW. AT ALL. To everyone who work's at N.E.W, let me tell you something, don't let those ppl out their push you over, b/c they love to take your kindness for weakness. DON'T BE NOBODY'S FOOL.

Jun 15, 2010

I worked at new in great falls until about 2 months ago i actually quit but due to all the reasons for mentioned i was called she twice in my 6 month review and always had statistics under the best buy average but was still scolded for the 2 secs they would go up and complaining to anyone is useless even the human resource dept will basically tell you tough [censor] and send you back to the phones, so anyone thinking of applying there be ready to knowingly help best buy rip cust off on there warranty's and get berated all day by both customers and supervisors alike no matter how well you do your job, any place that has a suicide hotline and suicide counselors on call and free to employees at all times should try a little harder to relieve stress rather then load it on employees at any and all junctions.

Jun 15, 2010

oH AND I ALMOST FORGOT THE PART A FEW WEEKS BEFORE QUITTING THEY MADE ANY AND EVERYTHING YOU COULD DO AT YOUR DESK A FIRE ABLE OFFENSE NO BOOKS PAPER MAGAZINES FOOD WRAPPERS GOING TO GOOGLE DURING DOWNTIME IT WAS SIT AND TWIDDLE YOUR THUMBS OR BE TERMINATED!

Jul 15, 2010

ok i have something to add about this company whom contracts for directv. first off this company know nothing about customer service. they grade peoples calls (which is stupid, like we are in elementary school.) and gives employee script alerts for not following scripts or not sending email on every call. they want us to follow a script and yet only some scripts say send email. which contradicts what they want us to so. if the script says send email only when customer is not home to troubleshoot. they still want us to send emails anyway regardless what the script says. you will get a yellow alert for it. you get red alert for not following the script even if you resolve the issue. which is lame and a cheap way for them to fire you for getting script alerts. i dont agree with this at all you should not get a script alert if you resolve the issue. your not costing directv money by replacing equipment or sending out a tech. this is not about the customer really. contradicts what NEW states on their site under qualifications "Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers" hmm. makes you wonder what NEW really is about. definitely no the customer. they lie when sink, line and hook ya in when they hire the employees. the want you to inform customers that when customers want to order equipment upgrades or remotes, we no longer can bill to the accounts we have to take a credit card payment upfront and must keep on file. we get a red alert if we dont inform the customer we get a red script alert (i know its not all NEW but also directv) NEW needs to be investigated about how they treat their employees and how they are terminated. the center i once was in they play favorites and they dont even do drug tests on employees sounds like they support drug users. i have also heard that when NEW hires new people they get government money just by sending them to their local community college or career center for 6 weeks of training. they keep hiring people with no where to put them the centers they have only hold a certain amount and the one i used to be at hold only 200 which is filled and now they just hired 100 and wants to hire a 100 more. something just doesn't sound right about this company. they need to be investigated i smell fraud and a scam going on. the way the economy is this company has a bad way of terminating employees. if they fire employees for stupid little reasons they can come up with, they keep them from drawing unemployment. which should be illegal to keep anyone from drawing unemployment. if they still get fired for not following a script they should still be able to get unemployment. shouldn't all this be known as employee abuse.

Aug 06, 2010

You all are dumb. You need to have three no call no shows to be fired. Or get 12 points. you get two points a day and half points for doctor notes. This job is the hardest to get fired in. This is the only place I have ever worked where you can shut down your computer and go home without telling ANYONE and NOT get fired for it, just get points.

Stop complaining!

• S
      Sep 27, 2010

"N.E.W.'s worse enemy"

I found that name quite funny.

I've worked at a call center before and these complaints sound fairly familiar, but to be honest...it's hard being in management with [censor]s that barely have a grasp of the English language working underneath you.

All these people worked up and looking for a lawyer are always the same type that take advantage of every single opportunity they get to be terrible employees.

Companies have to run businesses and that's hard to do with people who don't show up for work.

Sorry, that's just a fact of life with any job you get, even your next ones at McDonalds

Sep 29, 2010

You know, it's really disheartening to see so many people complain about the company I've invested the past nearly 5 years to. To see so many complain about the attendance policy, and knowing myself for a face, that every NEW CCR signed an document stating you'd abide by the company policies for missed time. I also know that for the [protected]@H department, you sign off stating you're aware of what will happen if you have system issues at home and to have a backup plan. I've spent time in both the call center and [protected]@H teams and they have been the best group of people I've ever worked with. I've said this on other posts on this site, I've been in on the day one discussion with over twenty classes and I know exactly what HR covers, and oddly enough, it's just about everything people are trying to dog on NEW about. I can tell you from experience that most people show up, tone out everything that's being said and then wonder why they don't know about the policies. Every company has a handbook full of policies, maybe it'd help if it was written in crayon and had pop up pictures... Just an idea...

• T
      Oct 16, 2010

I am a current employee for NEW and I love this company. They have bent over backwards to accomadate me. I was with them for 1.5 years when I got really sick. I had to go on LOA and then FMLA. The HR people were very helpful and made everything very clear to me. I was let go after awhile becuase I wasn't able to come back from my FMLA on time but they didn't stop my unemployment at all. After my illness subsided I was hired back on with this company and once again I have become disabled and needed to have my hours cut again. They asked me for documentation and I provided it to them and low and behold they worked with me again iwthout any recourse. For you people who complain that this company is crap and worthless you are so wrong. They are the best company by far to work for. As far a many of their policies that you are complaining about. It isn't them it's actually Directv and therre procedures for being contracted through them. They have the following script procedures and quality guidelines. So don't gripe about how this company is ran. If you bothered to listen as said before in training you would be aware of all the policies and procedures and everything would have been alot better for you. I have in total been witht his company now for 3 years and love it.

•   Nov 05, 2010

Attendance is super important at N.E.W. I worked there five years before getting fired for calling a supervisor a "liar" (which she is). Attendance was never a problem for me, nor was performance, but I knew many people who did get fired for one or the other. The steps for getting fired are well established and it is rare to get fired for a single call unless you were very rude. Monitoring of calls is random, and there are many calls which are recorded but not chosen for monitor rating. Shorter calls are more likely to be listened to than longer ones. I was an interim supervisor for about 3 months and have some knowledge of how all that works. During the training period, the first couple of months you work there, you can be fired for missing 2 hours (cumulative) and this can be lateness to work or breaks included. You accumulate "good" points by being there on time every day and taking your breaks within the limits you are told. After a few months, you can afford to be late once or twice. Having a doctor's note does not keep you from all points, it only cuts them in half. If you want "no" points for getting sick, you have to submit a Leave Of Absence, and you can do that if you are sick for 3 days, and you can do it after you come back. These things should have been explained to you during orientation, but they are in the Employee handbook. It's surprising how many people don't read!

On the other hand, there is a deliberate plan for getting rid of problem employees. In supervisor training, you are taught to categorize by attitude and knowledge. Quadrant 1 is when you are new and enthusiastic, but lack knowledge, Quadrant 2 is when you are experienced but still enthusiastic, Quadrant 3 is when you are experienced but lack enthusiasm and maybe start to complain about things, and Quadrant 4 is when you have been there long enough to need re-training, and lack enthusiasm also. They attempt to get rid of people in Quadrant 3 before their lack of enthusiasm spreads to others, and before their skills get rusty enough to affect their work. This is spelled out in the CBT's for Supervisor training.

• W
      Jan 08, 2011

Agree, the point system is childish. On the other hand, it is the only method they have to put any controls on attendance. The Docgtors note thing...that's also childish. But if you have one, there should be no points at all for that absence. Managers and supervisors bias? Oh you can't mean that! Very heavily biased and if you're not in the clique, forget you. It is strongly probable that management at all levels is afraid of anyone coming through the ranks who will show them up. Beware of promotions! If you get one, it could be a step closer to the door. Typical technique is promoting a very qualified person, then undermining them in such a way that they cannot succeed. They will fail in upper managements eyes, and then be forced to 'seek career alternatives outside of NEW.' If you're serious about the company, like the job (customer service work), and are willing to be patient, then as companies go in this modern world, NEW is not so bad at all. As in all companies, you first have to prove yourself before even considering advancement. If you are having issues with another employee, or a supervisor or manager, there are avenues for resolution. The thing is, any company has the right to hire or fire employees based on thier performance. In a customer service phone center, one of the most important performance characteristics is attendance. Another is how you handle calls. A telephone representative may have low call times (stats), maybe because they handle the call quick, or maybe because they push the customer off the phone, or purposely anger the customer so they will escalate and thier call time goes down, along with thier performance evaluation. Although it is surely true there are those that don't belong in middle and upper management at all of the sites, most are hard-working, fair people. Before putting all the blame for your misfortune on the company, do an unbiased self-evaluation, and determine if there is something (s) you can do to improve your situation. I don't completely disagree with the above posts, just think everyone should try to look at all sides of the situation.

• R
      Feb 09, 2011

I work there and have mastery in all core values, performances and have had a full years perfect attendence this whole year i've worked there. I'm a CHD tech support agent and if anyone feels like its a bad job your wrong. its just not the easiest of jobs but thats why you done get minimum wage it takes patience and dedication to succeed in a company like NEW. With -6 attendence points (3 free call-off available days without use of PTO) and PTO galore i feel no risk to lose my job because i'll never say anything completely degrating towards anything to a customer or violate any handbook policies those are like the dumbest things to do. Basically the handbook asks you to come in to work, do your job, and go home. Exactly what it should say!

Granted even after all my hard work and dedication I still havent gotten any of the promotions I've wants as a sup, QA, trainer, Program Specialist. I just am not ready yet in the eyes of the Talent Acquistion Team just yet that's all, I'll get there I wont give up

Jun 09, 2011

I am not exactly in the same boat as everyone here, but on a level I was kind of fired from NEW as well. I was actually an independent service provider for them that was contracted to do the appliance repairs. All of our customers loves us. We got calls from our previous customers saying that they are having another problem with their appliance and they called up NEW because they had an extended warranty on their appliance and NEW told them that we are not in their system. When I called up our service rep he said that he would put us back in their system if we would take a pay decrease. They wanted us to agree to a $70 flat rate for a service call when we are located in the country and they send us on calls that are up to 200 miles round trip. We wouldn't make any money at all. It costs $125 to fill up a tank of gas in a van. After months and months of not getting one call because we weren't in their system they actually send us a service call to do for a customer, but come to find out the only reason why they sent it to us is because the previous service company got the customer so mad that they refused to have the other service center back. When are they going to learn you get what you pay for. In my opinion this company doesn't care about customers or employees. They probably fired all of their employees for the same reason they pretty much fired me. All of you all probably made too much money in their eyes. Now because they don't care about their customers dealers are getting upset and they aren't selling NEW warranties anymore. You can't expect to stay in business when you don't care if your customers get good service.

• H
      Oct 12, 2011

Ok here is one i also have worked for them for 4 yrs in south dakota and now i am being told that my ny/nj accest does not meet with their high quailty of standards. I agree this company does need a good slap in the face for the way they treat their employee's I know of 2 that were fired for having cancer. Am looking for a lawyer to take them on.

Sep 12, 2012

I was at the top of my team in lowest time per call and in percentage of problems solved, over 86%. After being promoted to CCR1 and given a raise the heat was on to find something for them to complain about. I had 1200 calls waitingand had been helping an irate cutomer for 29 minutes. When I saw I could not handle it I transferred it and took some more calls. I was told because of that one incident I ma be terminated so I simply quit. After examining this baffling situation it dawned on me that NEW gets paid by the federal government to train people. It is to their benefit to keep entry level people. This is the reason why people who have been employed for 1-2 years seem to be terminated for frivilous reasons. I was one of 16 people hand picke from 1200 applicants. After 3 years, not one single person is still with them. Stay away from NEW.

Sep 12, 2012

For the individual who has been with NEW for 5 years. The problem is that you do not listen to your people. It is hectic enough to have to help irate peoploe overthe phone, but when a person tries to make recommendations as to how you can improve things, you turn a deaf ear. I olunteered to help improve the system ON MY OWN TIME because people were being TERRORAIZED by the quality control people. It was a constant internal value. The other part of this is that there was too much conflicting information. The trainers sis not train, the supevisors did not support and the ultimate goal it to terminate you and train new people.