National Closing, Escrow & Title Services, Inc / Lost my escrow package and checks

1 9645 Granite Ridge dr. Suite #300 San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 858-300-0700

The woman I have been dealing with through this whole process has been unprofessional. She consistently sent paperwork with the wrong dates, wrong financial information, and her response was, "that's ok". On January 29th she asked me where I wanted my escrow package sent, and I responded with an address - by February 4th, I still had not received the package (we are both in the state of California). She responded that her manager sent the package to my new property, and then responded that the manager sent to the real estate agent. Again, she sends responses without checking her facts. Now we're at February 10th, ad I still don't have my package. I am now concerned that someone else has my personal information with my SS#, my new home address, my checking, savings and retirement account numbers, as well as a personal check for $7, 000.00. I've looked the company up on BBB and don't see them listed, and I've called their HQ's office in CT, with no luck. I still don't have my refund, my original $7K check, or my escrow package. As you can imagine, my patience has warn thin. What is my recourse? Please help.

Comments

• Ul
      18th of Feb, 2010

Perhaps I can add to this that the best way to guard against being ripped off by online sales or auctions is to use a bona fide online escrow company. Although it does add some cost, that will take uncertainty out of the transaction.

For my money, the best bona fide online escrow (and there seems to be ten fraudulent escrow sites for every bona fide one) is probably Escrow.com (http://escrow.com). In fact, it’s the only one that eBay recommends.

Take care,