National City Bank / fraud

1 OH, United States Review updated:

In the past i have made mistakes and had to pay over draft charges. In the past i knew i made a mistake and i never had a problem paying the over draft charges. Today though I look at my account and at the end of the day on 10/14/08 I had a positive balance in my account. Today now all of a sudden i got 8 over draft fees on my account posted on the 14th. How is this possible Im asking myself? I reviewed my account and can not come up with anything wrong. After going to my branch and talking to the branch manager I was even more disgusted with this company. He had no awnsers for me except this in not a banking error those fees came from something that is pending today. Well today is the 15th not the 14th and I STILL had enough money in the account to cover todays, except for the overdraft fees that just decided to pop up out of no where on the 14th. Well after arguing with the manager and getting know where i demanded to speak with someone else. Guess what that person was even a bigger ### then the bank manager and still could not come up with an awnser for me. I have no clue what happened here and no one in this company is willing to exlplain it to me, all i keep hearing is that its not a banking error there is nothing we can do. Believe me people this is a banking error I have never seen this happen before on my account and I know exactally how much money i had in there. These people are a bunch of ###s and if anyone has any information for me to how i may be able to get this resolved or how to go about getting something done please let me know. As far as im concerned though this companay is the worst I have dealt with in my life.

Mb

Comments

• Mb
      15th of Oct, 2008

• Pc
      1st of Feb, 2009

National City Bank of Cleveland is run by white collar criminals who steal from customers any way they can. I never had an account with them but my daughter jus now experienced the same thing folks on here are talking about.
    I recommend to every one, put out the word to any one that listens, post where ever you can about it on the internet and yes write your Congress Person and U.S. Senator and dont stop. Lets put those thief's out of business and set an example that we will not get ripped off without consequences to those thief's.

• Gm
      12th of May, 2009

They did this to me and I had no choice but to close my business account. I was a day late the following month in my National City Visa, and they closed my account. If that's not retaliatory enough, they quintupled my payment and jacked my interest rate up over 30%. They violated several laws under FCRA in collecting the debt. I filed a complaint with the FTC & AG's office. I'm getting a lawyer and you should, too. This bank has already been in trouble for wrongly insuring loans as FHA- they were fined. This is organization of opportunists and bullies looking to exploit their consumers for profit.

9th of Jul, 2009

We have a loan with National City. Last month I called NC and advised them we would be late on the payment. NC agreed to the late pay. Starting July 01, 2009 to this date we have received 144 documented calls from NC. We did talk with 3 reps and they stated, "we will call you everyday on the 1/2 hour or every minute until the account is paid. We are less than 15 days late. Evidently, calling and making payment arrangements was wrong.