National City Bank / scam and fraud!

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

I am finally closing a HELOC with National City, they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. During closing when I sold the house with financing from them, they would not disclose the payoff amount to the title company. They would also not disclose the payoff to me over the phone claiming it was illegal, which is not true I even asked the agent to tell me the statue and of course she couldn't. They also required additional documentation from me to prove that the account was for a property that they hold a lien on, are you kidding me? Talk about incompetence!! I should have refinanced the loan when I moved because they would not change that billing address because I could not prove that I had moved out of the house.

Ja

Comments

• La
      5th of Nov, 2008

I also have a HELOC with natcity. They have charged me fees based on bogus reasons for my payment being late. for example they have made me unable to access my account either on line or by phone causing my payment to be late more than once. They claim these were mistakes or Glitches. They also keep changing the due date on the account. these little problems cost me 40 bucks each. I am going to find out how to file a complaint because this really seems like fraud.

21st of Nov, 2008

NATIONAL CITY BANK OF COLUMBUS, OHIO IS HORRIBLE. THEY HAVE NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL. IF YOU CO IS A RIP OFF. I HAVE GOTTEN SO MANY FEES, I CONTACTED ABOUT THE FEES AND THEY WILL NOT REMOVE WHATSOEVER! THEY ARE RUDE, INCONSIDERATE AND IN MY OPINION VERY FRAUDULENT!

THOUSANDS OF $ IN FEES!

DON'T BANK WITH THEM IF YOU ARE SMART.