NATIONAL CASHOUT LOTTO / Lottery scam

United Kingdom Review updated:
2.5
Here is a copy of not one, but two emails i received from the same 'company' stating i had won money for a competition i never entered.

***********************************************************

From: lotteryremittancefunds@britishtaxdept.com
Subject: CASH-OUTLOTTOBV:Ref.NO. BLF/0073883/07 (CONGRATULATIONS)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 09:58:48 +0000

From : Mr.Gavin Wallace
Claims Agent/ Remittance Officer.
NATIONAL CASH-OUT LOTTO BV
CASH-OUT PLAZA, SUITE 1102A
PO BOX 42 PETERBOROUGH
PE3 8XH, UNITED KINGDOM.

Dear Winner,

CONGRATULATION LETTER!

Lucky Numbers:
Bonus Number:

In all your correspondence (e-mails) to me, this is to notify you that your email have been verified by this office and this is to finally inform you that you have been cleared a winner of the NATIONAL CASH-OUT LOTTO BV Online Electronic Emails Sweepstakes. and your e-mail was among the ten (10) Lucky winners who won Nine Hundred and Fifteen Thousand Eight Hundred and Ten Pounds (£915,810.00) each in cash. All participant emails were selected randomly through a computer balloting system drawn from Nine hundred thousand E-mail addresses from Canada, Australia, United States, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceania as part of our international promotions programme which is conducted annually. The International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR), United Kingdom approves this lottery and also the National Lottery Commission United Kingdom is responsible for licensing and also regulating this Online Electronic Emails Sweepstakes.

Meanwhile, you're advice by this office to choose from the below three mode of payment, which will be more convenient for to receive your prize from us.
Transfer of your prize through our Paying Bank to your Account:
Sending you a cheque through a Courier Company here in the UK:
Receiving your Prize in Cash here in our office:

However, as soon as we receive your response to this mail, payment will be issued immediately along with your Certified Winning Certificate signed by the Chief Executive Officer of the NATIONAL CASH-OUT LOTTO BV.

WARNING THAT WAS GIVEN TO WINNERS
High confidentiality must be kept, this is strictly for security of funds, to enable safe remittance to you in whatever way you deem convenient and affordable. Failure to maintain the confidentiality will lead to disqualification/cancellation of your prize.

Congratulations once again on your winnings!

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. Gavin A. Wallace
Claims Agent/ Remittance Officer.

Tel: +[protected]
Fax:+[protected]

Comments

Ka
  11th of Feb, 2008
I have received a few of Gavin Wallace mails telling me that I have won a prize. This went to Barclays Bank to James Harper and from him to Adi Bruise. I am asked to pay $940 pounds inorder to retrieve my prize. Thank you for sending this letter with his address and all. I even received calls from Adi Bruise the Account Officer as he claimed himself to be of the Barclays Bank asking me to send the money so that they could transfer my prize to my new account.

I am wondering if these men can be taken to task!!