National Carpet Care, Inc. / Stay away from them

I had a quote over the phone to have one 10X10 room cleaned due to a pet accident. They quoted me on the phone of 55.00 I accepted and they came out to do the work. When they arrived the young kid was not very pleasant and rewrote the quote for 128.95. He wanted 35.00 per pet stain. Two where the size of an apple. I had just had my carpets cleaned 3 days prior and he was not treating the whole room. When my husband and I decided to cancel they charged me 25.00 for their time with quite the attitude and when I told him while he was writing up my new contract of 25.00 my husband called the original carpets cleaners and they said they would come back for 50.00 flat rate. The young man said because he was here now he would do it for 50.00 I told him to charge me the 25.00 and please show himself out... Not polite at all from the get go and especially not at the end. I will never refer anyone to this company ever and the beach is a small tight community...

Va

Comments

27th of Apr, 2011

I used National care for the first time and was really shocked at their work. I wondered why I did not call Stanley Steamers. I do a much better job when using my own steam cleaner. The stains that I was charged so much for were not removed - rather they were enlarged looking worse than previously. The equipment used was so old and crappy I really wondered what I got myself into. I asked for my money back but they said they would send the same technician to do a second job.
    Please stay away from them - they have these independent contractors working for them and it looks like they just rent the equipment from Publix or any of the other stores. I have used Stanley Steamers in the past and could not compare their quality of work to NC. You are better off taking that money, buying a steam cleaner and doing the work yourself - trust me you will do a better job.

• Cv
      25th of May, 2011

National carpet care uses only industry approved chemicals
    and equipment. Despite erroneous reports one cannot rent the type of equipment used at a grocery outlet. Some customers want carpets fully serviced but are unwilling to pay for those services. This company has thousands of satisfied cutomers, yet one disgruntled customer with an axe to grind is allowed to post unfair and biased opinions to attempt to damage and slander the company. Please do further Research including calling the company at 407-862-2990 before making a decision based on this unfair posting.

• Cv
      25th of May, 2011

The customer fully agrees that they had pet stains, although they state that during the phone conversation they had "AN"
    accident. The pet stains were more numberous than the company was led to believe. Upon arriving the tech quoted a price because now the condition was determinable. Over the phone the office cannot determine the extent of damage. To state that they have some sort of insight as to the structure of the company illustrates that the intent of the complaint is
    other than the the service. Why would the complaint include facts that they have no knowledge of. Hundreds of Thousands of satisfied customers spaning 30 years, our client list includes a large amount of repeat customers. Please don't make a decision based on this highly suspect posting.

• St
      23rd of Dec, 2011

I called to complain after a 'technician' from National Carpet Care spent fifteen minutes, did a terrible job, charged me fifty dollars (more than double my coupon), tripped a breaker and didn't mention it, and left me with visible stripes in my carpet. If they do have some super secret chemical that only licensed professionals can obtain then I truly wish that the 'technician' had bothered to apply some to my carpet. And I do wonder how much of what we are charged actually goes to National Carpet Care for the use of the name and the answering of phones? You can call me 'unreasonable' and hang up on me, or try to justify yourself here. The fact remains that no matter how many coupons you put out, if the 'technicians' that you sell the name to continue to jack up prices and don't do their jobs, you will lose business. Axe ground.
    Still trying to add a picture - the same one that I am sending the Better Business Bureau.