National Car Rental / defective car and poor customer services reservation number [protected]

RA# [protected]
EXT REF#[protected]
RES # [protected]
My husband and I rented a car from National car rental in New Orleans
(License plate N48352) on December 19th 2017 As we were driving we felt the car's rear swaying side to side. we thought it was just the road. The next morning as we started out it became more obvious that something was wrong with the car mechanically. We then called roadside who suggested we take it to the Gulfport MS location since we were close to there. The customer representative said she could not change it out because no one informed her of this and she had no other vehicle to give us. She suggested we take it to Firestone for them to check it. Note I told her we felt unsafe driving the vehicle repeatedly . She still suggested we drive the car and come back in the evening I said " are you hearing me, there is a mechanical problem with the car and you telling me we should continue to drive the car, although we feel very unsafe". By this time, my husband and I were very frustrated, we were on vacation and was heading to a food tour which we were about to miss.

We left the counter to discuss what we were going to do for transportation for the rest of vacation. The representative followed us a few minutes later to say that they now have a car but that it was dirty. We were looking for a safe car and if dirty was all they could offer, so be it!

We were treated unprofessionally and cavalierly buy National. They showed no concern for our safety or satisfaction. We are requesting a refund for services that came nowhere close to our expectations.

Sincerely,

Julian and Betty Johnson
PH# [protected]
PH#[protected]

• Updated by blowkaran, Jan 01, 2018

My husband and I rented a car from National car rental in New Orleans

Bl
Jan 1, 2018

Comments

• Na
      2nd of Jan, 2018

Mr. & Mrs. Johnson, thanks for contacting the Social Media Team regarding your recent experience. I assure you it's never our intention to inconvenience a valued customer. As a courtesy and for the chance to earn your loyalty, I would like to email 3 coupons each for a free rental day. These coupons are good in the U.S. and Canada on an economy through full size vehicle and expires on 12-31-2037. If you would like to accept my offer, please respond to this message affirmatively at your earliest convenience with your email address and I will process the coupons immediately. Thank you. - Carol H.