National Car Rental / rates and customer service!
I booked a car on line with one of those direct links from an airline - I noticed that it didn't ask for my Emerald Card number (I am an Executive member although it means nothing). The rate was $52 (usd) which also bugged me but I printed off the contract and took it with me to the airport counter in Edmonton Alberta. I was greeted with - I am sorry but we don't have any vehicles right now. It won't be any longer than an hour." yuck. But thats not the worst, when I asked the clerk to add my emerald club number to the file she seemed very confused and asked other people what the message on her screen meant. The she asked if she could have my card back and said shed have to destroy it. WTF?
I instructed her to give the thing back and Id deal with the problem when I turned in whatever I finally got (a G6). I returned it the next day and this time they told me they still had all this information from my previous address and thats why they had a problem. Well she asked me the same questions three times trying to enter it into the system at which point I wanted to say... please destroy my card!
In the end I was charged over $90 Canadaian for the rental - hello, hello our dollar is trading at 98.5 so $52 USD does not equal $95 CDN. I hate this and I am fed up with this company. Won't rent with them again and hate the over zealous exchange rate with arbitrary rates.
More National Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- National Car Rental - charging me for damage I know nothing about 
- National Car Rental - no snow tires 
- National Car Rental - changed the rate when I returned the car 
- National Car Rental And Avis Rentals - their a fraud there's no web site on them their already on the complaints board
- National Car Rental - terrible company
- National Car Rental - car rental pitt greenville airport
- National Car Rental - claimed "damage" to vehicle 
- National Car Rental - a dedication of 414 usd from my master card without prior information nor permission
- National Car Rental - refund of towing charges 
- National Car Rental - customer service