National Benefits Exchange / Rip off!

1 1301 Seminole BlvdLargo, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-580-6232

I was contacted by a person named Diane at [protected] about receiving credit card worth $6,000.00 on October 8,2007. All I had to do was submit $200.00 which was deducted from my checking account. After numerous calls to their customer service number I spoke to someone named Jack on 11/16 stating that ny information was processed and a card would be sent. As of this date, I still have not received a card and any help in recouping my $200.00 would be helpful!

Va

Comments

• Al
      19th of Dec, 2007

I had the same problem, but I was on the phone with them once a week and they tried to tell me that their printing department was behind. Not at all. They sent me 4 "vouchers" for $100 dollars towards a payment on my card. They came and were printed on cardstock paper from a computer. I finally got the card and the "website" for the company they gave me was "www.mynbe.com". If you go there and click shop, it will take you to a login page. You can't log on because you can't create a username or password. The website says that it is disabled. Every link is to the login page. It has been a year since I got my card and the website is still the same.

24th of Dec, 2007

I was contacted by a person named Diane at 866-623-8001 about receiving credit card worth $6,000.00 on December16,2007. All I had to do was submit $200.00 which was deducted from my checking account. After numerous calls to their customer service number I spoke to someone named Jack on 12/24 stating that ny information was processed and a card would be sent. As of this date, I still have not received a card and any help in recouping my $200.00 would be helpful!

• Pr
      24th of Dec, 2007

I had the same problem as well. They took 200 dallors out of my bank. And i never got the card. I called them so many times. But i got into there vocie system and now all there calls come to my phone and i am telling every one that call that they is a big FAKE. So many people called my cell phone saying the same thing as all of us and we all talked to the same damn people. But if you want your 200 dallors back call your bank and tell them they took the money out without you knowing and they will put the money back for you. Thats wat my bank did.

• Mo
      26th of Dec, 2007

Ditto, I agree totally. They have been charging $125 a month and I haven't received anything. It is a fraud, fake, and scam. I am on the phone now telling them to DO NOT CHARGE MY ACCOUNT ANYMORE. My next call will be to my bank. National Benefit Exchange is a fraud, fake and a SCAM!!!

• Lu
    Clearwater
    Florida
    Phone: 888-530-6232
    www.mynbe.com

My story is about the same as Carlos'. And approx the same time period, but I didn't note dates and names right away ( I know. I know better than that.) .They called me offered to help me rebuilt my credit. Qualified for $6,000 credit line. Just 7-10 days till receipt of card. I told them that if it was on the up and up and could really use the help, asked if was a true credit line. I was in a bad point at the moment and could really use some help in getting my bills caught up, could I use it to pay my current expenses directly. Sure, sure, 7 - 10 days. After a phone app and the inital $100 deposit, in exactly 10 days you get a application form for signature.
    Sent 2nd $100 deposit on 11/19. Called one week later, they just posted on 11/26. 10-14 days to get your card, but you can use it right away when you get it. called 12/10, no card yet, " no, you wouldn't have gotten it yet, we just cut it on 12/7, expect in 10-14 days". Called 12/17, no card yet, "gee, don't know why, should have received, expect by end of week" (by the way, each of these calls are a 20 to 60 minute wait for customer service representative). So, the card arrives on Friday, 12/21/07, a simple plastic card, like a supermarket discount card, no embossing, no magnetic strip, no, signature block, no disclaimers printed on the back. Slogan reads..."Limitless Financial Freedom" . Friday night, office is closed, holiday coming up, husband in the background saying " sounds like you got taken, sounds like you got taken"
    so, when you call C.S. they ask for your "group number" , website asks for "approval code" and "User ID/E-mail address ", the card has an account number and "Pin:". The letterhead that comes with the card is bad photo copy quality. The three $100 vouchers are the same. (oh yeah, these vouchers are "equal" to getting your deposit back) There are no instructions/information as to what to do with this stuff or next.
    I finally call on 12/26 to air my complaints. "This is a card for Access Merchant online shopping, sorry you misunderstood. It was covered in the paperwork. Go to the website, click Shop now, where it calls for E-mail address, put in your account number. No you cannot pay other bills directly, don't know why they would of told you that. Yes, you can get a cash advance after 30 days and your first payment." When I asked for a phone number for one of their executives to voice my dissatisfaction, the answer was to to submit it in writing to the PO Box. Thank you. click.

• Ri
      10th of Jan, 2008

I recieved a card from nbe just as promised and it was everything they told me it would be i'm was looking for a merchant account, to get my credit references going i just recieved my camcorder from ups today thanks guys...

17th of Jan, 2008

I have had nothing but problems with this RIP OFF company. They called me at work and made thier sales pitch somewhere around the last week in Novermber about getting a line of credit for $6,000.00 and it would only be a small one time fee of $200.00 deducted from my checking account and on Dec 14 they took there $200.00 and to this day I have yet to get a card. I have called them every week since the 14th and was told on the 28th of Dec that my card went out in that mailing patch. Today Jan 17th 2008 I got some sort of Discount card in the mail and when I called to ask about it I got smart mouth Jason who claimed he was the supervisor and that there was no one higher then he. He went on to say that my actual card went out with the mailing on Jan 11th and that I should get my card within 7-14 days from the 11th. And that this discount card that I got was the card that Ricky was talking about that went out on the 28th of Dec. Well I tell you what, after Jason hung up on me because he said I was being rude. I called right back and he answered the phone again. I tried to explain to him that Yes I may have agreed to this and was recorded, but I am asking you to explain this to me personally, for quailty customer service. He really did not like that. I went on to tell him that everytime I call all they want to do is play back my recorded conversation agreeing to the terms and conditions of the agreement. I told him I am not interested in what is recorded I just want you to break it down for and I can't get a simple answer to my question. When you tell them you want your money back all they can say is that in my recording it says that this is a one time NON-REFUNDABLE payment of $200.00. Jason went on to read the terms and conditions to me in which I heard him say that if at the time they were to deduct the money from your account, for any reason the total amount was not there to be deducted, they - NBE would make small dedections out of your account until the full amount was deducted. I do not remember them saying that in any recording. I called my bank and they called NBE and they played the recording that heard me agree to pay the 200.00. So I am just out of it. I find it very strange, I looked at the discount card that they sent me today and when I went to go to there website that is on the back of the card, I got this page. How about that for FAKE.

• El
      23rd of Jan, 2008

All of the comments that I have read are very similar to mine. So I thank you that I am not alone. What is the solution? Why is the the card useless on the web or any where else? This is an outrage. I need suggestions as to what the next course of action.

• Ka
      24th of Jan, 2008

I had a simliar experience. They tried to get me for the $200 dollars. When I found out that this was a scam I went to the bank to close my bank account right away. Also there credit card don't provide a logo of visa or mastercard on them, and they can't be used no where anyway. So that is another sign of a SCAMER company. I'm just thankful that I caught it in time.

• Mo
      26th of Jan, 2008

Dont worry, when you do receive your card and go online to shop, you will see nothing but JUNK anyway, so dont bother with the card.. This is a REAL RIPOFF

• De
      26th of Jan, 2008

i was called by diane also on dec 17,2007 and i got my card today Jan 26,08 the wesite tool we firectly here to the complaint line . i was told that it was a master card. boy was i shocked when i got a silver card with nothing on the back. i also called everyday wanting to know whre my card was and they told me 7-14 days but if there was a holiday in there it would take longer. my attorney is going to call them i also recorded the call where they said that it was a master card with a credit line of 7,000.00 so i will hope that they will answer toi hiom if not i guess we can all go on tv and tell them about this rip off they said that they mail out 10,000 cards a week

• Te
      28th of Jan, 2008

I also was taken by this scam. Foolish of me to think I could recieve a credit card for such an amount of money. I am extremely irritated about this. I am willing to go to any extent to prosecute at any time. I was told the same as everyone else.

28th of Jan, 2008

Check this out I got my card today when I came home, I went to the website and at first it brought me here to this page, then I went to google and I got the log in page, used my none logo gray/silver card and logged in. You have got to be be kidding me. This stuff looks like something that came out of a yard sale. And whats up with the price. I looked up a comforter set and that same set is at kmart for $69.00 and NBE has is for $399.00 what kind of crazy stuff is this. If you look under electronics the only thing you get is some speaekers and a dvd/vcr combo for 400.00. I guess they are sick of us ans so they think that if they let us get in the website we will be happy. Dont NO BODY want this junk.

• St
      30th of Jan, 2008

I actually had my bank account block and my bank still let them take the money. Now my bank says that there is nothing that they can do. I am out $200. Now I need to take them to court or something. Any one have any success with getting their money back?

30th of Jan, 2008

I just tried to log on, got no place but here. Ordrerd some stuff for Christmas, ALL OUT OF STOCK they did send my down payment cashiers check back. They took an extra $50 out of my acct.I ordered a leather trenchTold David (ordering)he could use the extra $50 to cover down payment and shipping. He did. Had a$279Price tag.Rec'd some $100 vouchers, too. Guess I wont need them now. By the way, it took me from Aug. to the end of Nov. to get my "card". I was supposed to get a gas card, which never showed. Guess I did get something. Called them every day to get it, tho.

30th of Jan, 2008

Just re-read my e-mail. It was a mans leather trench coat. Pretty nice. But not for the price and aggravation to me (us)

• Ri
      4th of Feb, 2008

I received a call from this company today and told them I wanted to do research on the company before I committed to anything for this very reason. The saying goes if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I have not personally been scammed by this company, however what I would suggest to anyone posting on this website is to lodge a complaint to the attorney general in your state for bait and switch marketing practices. I would also contact an attorney and sue for damages under misleading sales practices. The more you do nothing is the more people that are scammed by this farce. Any future conversations you have with this company should be recorded and you should make yourselves aware of the state laws in place for the state in which you reside. Some states require that you tell the company you are recording the conversation otherwise your conversations may be concluded as inadmissable in court should it go that far. Make sure that you protect yourself, that's what those laws are for. Additionally this particular company is registered with the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU in CLEARWATER, FL. You should lodge a complaint with them.

• Ki
      7th of Feb, 2008

This also happened to me they lied on the first phone call and told me it was a mastercard! Plase everyone file a complaint with the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!!!! We have to stop this company.

• Ju
      23rd of Feb, 2008

I am really disturbed by this... They caught me on a day I was home very sick and they sounded so ligit! I even called back and said I was very weak and sick if this was a joke it would be cruel.
    The bad thing about all this, is I am a single parent trying to repair my credit and I have not a pot to piss in. I thought that maybe my luck had turned around and they ended up taking all I had left for the month for gas to get to work... They did the same thing with me, they kept saying," The card will be there and you can use it any place you want" I thought I was putting a deposit on a major credit card, wich some major credit card companies do, but I will warn you, Do it through your bank! The really crappy thing is, I work for a major credit card company and I should have known better, But when you are desperate in life, it makes you do stupid things and then the stupidity just multiplies into a fiasco. Trust in this, I talk to thousands of people a week I have a big mouth and this just gives me more reason to get
    really pissy. They have messed with the wrong person....

• Ro
      5th of Mar, 2008

I was just contacted by this company today. someone named jaye smith told me the exact same thing. I agreed to some terms because i heard the $6000 credit limit. I'm afraid that it is too late to back out of it. are there any suggestions out there. I don't need this kind of harrassment. I'm a single parent struggling to pay my mortgage. Thought that this would be some thing to take the stress off gas and groceries on off weeks. What can i do to stop this hassle?