National Auto Shopper / Do not waste your money on this scam!

National Auto Shopper is a scam and a complete rip off. I paid them $499 to post my vehicle on a website, list it on ebay and ultimately sell it. They told me they would sell it (probably within 30 days but it could take as long as 90 days) but they would sell my vehicle no matter what and they would sell it for more than I was asking. $1500 more than I was asking. In April I called every two or three days to find out the status of my vehicle. I asked them to lower the price so it would sell. Usually they never returned my phone calls. Finally I listed my vehicle on AutoTrader and it sold in less than 45 days. I paid $50 to do that and I posted pictures by myself and took all of the phones calls. The National Auto Shopper sales staff was completely unprofessional, using swear words when speaking to me, never prepared with my information, and I always had to remind them who I was, what my truck make and model was, etc. It is a total and complete scam. Do not waste your money.

Comments

Am
  11th of Feb, 2007

I payed National Auto Shopper 499 to list my car on there website and on ebay with the intentions to sell. They claimed it could take as little as 30 days and at the most 90. They promised to sell my vehicle no matter what. I waited months and no response after paying thousands of dollars on my vehicle thinking it would sell I am at a loss now and very upset. They misleaded me and ripped me off...believe me I wont be the last.

Vi
  15th of May, 2007

I have just had the most embarrassing experience in my life. I have owned three cars in my life and have paid them all in full. In February, my 2004 Dodge Intrepid blew an engine. Six months prior to this incident, a contract I was on bellied up financially which left me unemployed for 4 months and left me financially challenged. Bills piled up - mortgage arreared, etc. Needless to say, my credit score presented a challenge. Three car dealers rejected me because of my credit and because I had an open car loan, until I went to Malloy Hyundai and Mazda in Woodbridge, Va. Let me say that I have overcome my financial challenges and brought my mortgage to current status. Malloy lead me to believe that they had found a bank to finance a car, and indeed allowed me to drive a 2006 Hyundai Sonata off the lot. My girlfriend works at a Ford dealership (whom I called during the deal) and she told me to ask the finance officer to verify that the the deal has been complete, which he replied "yes". Two days later, I received a call to return the car because financing had not been found. I spoke to the General Manager and explained that I had gone to 4 car dealers and none did what they did. They used the term "spot" - they spotted me a car because they assumed that I would get financing. He assured me that he would do all he could to obtain financing for me. Two weeks later, without communication or warning, a tow truck arrived and repossessed the vehicle at 2:00 am in the morning. How embarrassing. My question is - should there be a integrity factor in car dealers? Is there a recourse for consumers when car dealers take advantage of women?

Ke
  11th of Feb, 2008

My husband and I listed our Motorhome about 2 years ago, paid $499.00, and have not sold it. I am very ticked off at this so called company that will sell people's cars etc. I think they should be held accountable for their false advertisment and should pay every person back their money. I know that will not happen and I am sorry for all you people out there like us that lost your money. Shame on them!!!

Br
  3rd of Apr, 2008

Jo
  16th of Sep, 2008

"Over a year ago they contacted me and they told me they would sell my car within 30 days...I'm our the same as most, $499 and not happy...anyone know of a class action suit against the socalled owner/company?"

You are an idiot. ### like this only works if you were born greedy to begin with... 'We will get you more for your car then it's worth'.. they contacted me about the same crap, apparently trying to get me to hook some OTHER poor schmuck into MY car using over rated financing. You get what you deserve, losers.

Ro
  26th of Aug, 2009

i have used 3 of the online selling companies and two of the 3 presented great results. The first, in 2005 was National Auto Shopper. I, or should I say they, sold my 2004 Expedition with mods for $1000 less than they promissed. Their promise was $2500 more than my asking price. Needless to say, I was very impressed. Two years later I had difficulty reaching NAS and found a similar company called PreOwnedAutoMall.com. They basically made the same claims and offered very similar services. I have to admitt, the unfamiliarity with them made me uneasy, but my previous successful experience with national Auto Shopper made the decision for me. Anyway, another $499 and 2 months later I had sold my 06 BMW 750LI and and this time it was different. I made only kmy asking price, but hell...I still sold the car in 2 months. I'm sorry that the auto/auto finance industry took the dive that it did because now I am having a hell of time unloading my cars. I like to upgrade every 2-3 years but without the help of NAS or POAM it is nearly impossible. Last I heard Preownedautomall had to shut down because of the financial market crash. I feel bad for those guys and anyone who relied on their services like I did to switch out cars often and not take a beating on the resale. Hopefully they will find a way to regroup and give people like me and you, the every day joe, the chance to be competitive with the used car and nrew car dealers.

Thanks Justin, Thad, Jeff and all the others that helped me out. You guys are the best.

Looks like George W. "Puss" and "No"bama arent helping you(or me) out in this situation.

No worries. And in my opinion, Preownedautomall.com was the best internet, private seller assistance, website that I have ever dealt with. If you had a bad experience, I'd bet that its because of the economy. Not their intentions.

Please be sure to VOTE in 2012.

Rodrick Ensign