National Auto Plaza / Hiden fees, lying

United States, Utah, Sandy Review updated:
National Auto Plazz
10790 South State Street
Phone: 877-284-4644
I went to Nation Auto Plaza on June 16, 2009 and purchased a 4 dr Jeep Wrangler. In discussing the price of the vehicle I told them that I would purchase it only if the price out the door was $25, 777 and they gave me $4000 on my trade in, they also gave me 21 days to get a $1000 down payment. I still owed around $2700 on my trade in which they said they would pay off (21 days later not paid off)so total down on the Jeep would be around $2300 making the total of the loan max $23, 477. While I was in with the financing department at Nation Auto Plaza I asked them that my loan price would be $23, 477 and they told me "yes". They asked me if I wanted to add "GAP insurance and I asked them to add it, they also asked if I wanted "Express Etch" and I told them "no". After going through my paperwork from them they had added the "Express Etch" for $399 and also added an extra $5074.85 to the loan for other taxes, license and other finance charges that they never stated would be added to the amount of the loan. They had me sign all the paper work while it was blank and then had the printer fill in the rest so I wasn't aware of these charges upfront!
Also they told me that I was approved for financing without a co-signer, and then I was notified June 30, 2009 (14 business days after) that I would need a co-signer. When I asked them why I was told that I made enough money and my credit was okay but just that the biggest loan I had was $10, 000 but if I could find a co-signer for 6 months I could re-finance and be fine. Now since I can't find a co-signer I have two choices, first is try and find financing from somewhere else or rescind the contract of sale which would include: return of the motor vehicle, pay the seller an amount equal to the current standard mileage rate for the cost of operating a motor vehicle established by the federal internal revenue service for each mile the motor vehicle has been driven.
If they would have been upfront with me about not being approved without a co-signer I would have NEVER opted to buy the vehicle, if they would of been upfront about the additional $5473 in fees I would of NEVER opted to buy the vehicle. They lie and were dishonest from the beginning of the sale. They put in hidden fees and charges that were never discussed. I feel VERY cheated and only wonder how many other victims they have done this to. I've also maintained insurance on the car that I traded in due to the fact they haven't paid off the loan, I've also had to pay last month's payment so that I wouldn't receive a late payment and I'll have to make a second payment in 7 days if they don't pay it off, causing me more out of pocket charges.

A  23rd of May, 2015 by
We had nothing but issues from the time we walked in the door. We were greeted at our truck door, even before we got out of our truck, we got out of the truck and we told the dealer we were here for a new truck, this is our trade in. We do not have a down payment, and we can only afford a $300 a mnth truck payment. We asked to have paperwork done first so they knew where we stood and what trucks they could show up that we could afford, with our trade in. They said it doesnt work that way, we have to find something we like before they can see if we can afford it. We started looking at trucks and found one we liked. They told us the truck payment would be $600 a mnth. I told them we already told you we could only afford $300, that is why I asked you to look at the paperwork first and not show us something we couldnt afford. after 2 hours of negotiations we agreed to $350 a mnth and $200 down. We got into financing to sign the paperwork and the own paper had gone up to $400 dollars. We stood up to walk out and they went back down to $200.00 down. After that we had the truck for about a mnth and the transmission started acting up. The sales man that helped every couple weeks would text us about a new truck they got in. We kept saying we just got a truck we cant get another one. It affects our credit every time we get a new loan. He wouldnt stop. After 6 months of texts my husband finally went in again they showed him a new truck. Again we told them we cannot afford a bigger payment than we agreed to last time. $350 is the limit. We do not have a down payment. Again going into financing the price of the truck went up to $365 a mnth and they said we agreed to $350 down. The truck they wanted to sale us had major issues, the front end was messed up from an accident, the shocks were back, the auto locks dont work, the tires were worn. The check engine light was on. They said they would fix all issues with the truck. But they wouldnt hold the truck for us. We had to sign the paperwork before they would start fixing the truck. My husband believed them and signed the paperwork. They fixed 1 issue with the truck. They kept the truck for 2 weeks in their shop. They got the check engine like to turn off. the other issues didnt get fixed. After we picked up truck we filled out the paperwork to get our gap insurance back from the trade in. They said they would process the paperwork. after 2 weeks of calling and asking about the refund they finally said we dont get it back because we used it for our down payment. We gave them cash for the down payment. They refused to refund our gap insurance. We had a friend that needed a car and my husband, still trusting this dishonest company, sent him down there. The salesman contacted my husband and thanked him for sending the referral and we would get a $350 referral. after 2 weeks of waiting for a referral we called them again. They again said we wouldnt get the referral because we didnt give our friend a business card. They called us to let us know that our registration and license plate was in. We went down to pick it up and they tried again to sell us another truck. Again we had to say we cannot buy another truck we just bought one, we are picking up the registration that just came in. We cannot afford this again. They will look for anyway to keep your money, and to get as much out of you as possible. They break their promises and dont listen to you when you tell them what you can do comfortably.