national advertising centerScam for advertising

1 Review updated:

We were approached by an individual, promising prime placement on their flyer. We were assured that the distribution was well read and displayed in a prodominate place. WE WERE SCAMMED!. Not only did they try to pass of a sleesy version of an ad for us, but after many disputs they agreeded to use out art work. They stated we would get a 'extra' ad placement if we got a friends business involved. ( we are very sorry that we did get them involved for they were scammed too) They printed the ad in the incorrect placement, in blue ink and the 1 and only distribution came out 2 months too late. We checked on a weekly basis to see where they were displaying the 'magazine/flyer' . It NEVER showed up again, our ad was never corrected.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Canoga Park, CAWe contacted them over 20+ times and NEVER recieved a call back. We paid half up front and then stopped paying. We then were sent to a baraccuda named Mrs. Dickenson. She called us on a every other day basis, threating us. She claimed they would put a lean on our personal and business belongings if we did not comply. As soon as i asked her some questions about herself she became irrate and hung up on me. We then got calls from 2+ lawyers, 1 wanting to settle for half of what we owed. They are not going to get one more dime from me. If anyone wants or has a lawyer that wants to start a class action lawsuit please let me know . I have 2 other companies that would like to be involved. DON'T trust this company. It is shady, unethical and unprofessional. Complain to the BBB!!

More national advertising center Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Sc
      Jul 06, 2009

I can't believe I fell for this scam. Every complaint I'm reading about this company is happening to me. I'm not getting what was promised and now the headache begins. I told them to stop everything and they are ignoring me.

• Rb
      Jul 09, 2009

I am located in California I have experienced the same problems with this company as many of you have I am interested in filing a suit against these people and definately Ms. Dickinson, she is the worst person that I have ever dealt with in my entire life. UNPROFESSIONAL can't describe this BEAST. Frauds like NAC needs to STOP!!! please contact me if you have any information regarding a class action suit. Thanks in advance. Doopped in Riverside CA.
    [protected]@fullcirclexpress.com

• Na
      Jul 31, 2009

I had never heard of this business until today. Just this morning I found a charge on my checking account, and fortunately it showed a 818- phone number in the description. So I called to speak with a billing rep. and advise of their mistake. I asked what the nature of their business was and what they were billing me for. The rep./Jill advised that they are a National Advertising agency and that I must have signed a contract with them and agreed to their services. I stated that I have NEVER purchased advertising before, I did not sign a contract of any sort, and demanded a full refund of the deduction. She asked for my information (Name and phone number), which I gave her, and she was unable to locate me in their system. Then she asked for my banking information, which I would absolutely not disclose. She then said she couldn't help me without either my account number with them or my bank account info. I advised that I would be calling my bank, and local police department to open a fraud case, and that they would be hearing from me shortly. While we were speaking I Googled them. It's sickening that these people can get away with these practices. One way or another, I WILL be getting my money back.

• Nc
      Oct 05, 2009

Hi everyone,
    Please contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com. I am looking to do a class action against them for fraud, misrepresentation, unfair business practices among other causes of action. I have an attorney who is great, that I have used in the past, who is willing to take it on contingency.

Thanks,
    A former advertiser who was ripped off!

• Bm
      Nov 18, 2009

I just received a voicemail message here in Williamsburg, Virginia from this advertising company. I had to google the phone number they provided, but they did NOT identify themselves on the voicemail...just that they were having a great promotion with a new grocery store in town. They say they are going to publish a "green magazine" and offer me a half-page-size color ad for only $ 30.00 a week.
    That's a great price for me as a starting business...But thanx to your alls advice I am NOT going to accept that offer...I rather pay some more for an ad elsewhere and maybe get less business than loosing soo much money on this NAC, which I don't have anyway!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REVIEWS!!!

Jan 20, 2010

I am soooooo glad I'm reading this. I had the same thing happen to me. I was promised that I would have an ad on the back cover for a year. When I noticed that their paper was NOT in the supermarket I flipped and gave them a call. They actually calmed me down by stating that they would put me in 2 more supermarkets. Well guess what I did not see anything. As a matter of fact one of my clients works in one of those supermarkets and said she has NEVER seen it! So after paying them over $500 I stopped. I own a small gym, I am a full time student, I have a 3 yr old son who was diagnosed with epilepsy this year and I was scammed! So I get a phone call yesterday by a really mean lady named MRS. Dickenson and threatens that if I don't pay by Thursday there will be a law suit against me and all of my bank accts will be placed on hold. So of course I was worried and told her I would pay by Thursday but now I am definitely not paying. I am not a bad person and have been through a lot, they should be happy with what I gave them and they should be really happy that I don't have the time to place a lawsuit against them.

• Ba
      Apr 19, 2010

What we have received as advertisers is the 180 degrees to what we were promised by the salesperson. What a rotten company.

Oct 25, 2010

I too was taken by National Adverising Green Magazine. They provided the service per the contract. But then the fraud began. I made all payments required per the contract. They continued to send me invoices saying my account was overdue. I called them and spoke to Erica about it. I faxed her a copy of the cashed checks that we had sent them, proving that we had paid in full. Next thing I know they draft a remote check against my account. They told the bank they had an authorization letter from me. They do not! They fraudualently withdrew money from my account. And they lied to the bank about the authorization letter. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF!!!