National Action Financial ServicesTook on the wrong debt

1 Review updated:

The company sent me a notice of an old old credit card debt that I had settled outside of court.

Has called me the last 26 days regarding Hillco Receivables account and I sent a certified return receipt letter that I disputed the debt and requested an entire accounting of the debt. I have yet to receive it.

I went through a debt resolution program in [protected] to pay off my credit cards. The company, Hillco Receivables keeps turning over the account to agency after agency. This last agency, NAFS, has been calling day after day and it's getting old. I have paid my debt according to the settlement agreement, and have told them that.

Comments

•   Jun 18, 2008
    National Action Financial Services - I'm angry!
    National Action Financial Services

Hi... they told me that I owe them because of a motorcycle debt that I had with HSBC... so I paid them $4400 which was more than how much I should've owed but I did pay them.. This was about 8 months ago and they still haven’t sent me a letter or title or anything... I called them numerous times and they keep hanging up on me... what should I do? They are so *** up... I’m so pissed I don’t know where my money went... and I’m actually trying to sell the bike and I can’t even do that cuz I don’t have the title.

•   Jun 30, 2008
    National Action Financial Services - I was hung up on and disrespected
    National Action Financial Services

I hate this company. They are liars and extremely rude people.

I tried to settle an account with them over the phone, which went okay, until I told them that I would not pay until I see the settlement letter.

First they said the letter was sent back to them, even though they sent me things in the mail before. Then I told the supervisor to fax the letter and they never faxed it.

Those idiots hung up on me when I got mad at them for not sending me the letter. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE ***!!! THEY WILL SAY OR DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE A BUCK AND THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER AT ALL.

• Ni
      May 28, 2009

once you pay a bill we update with the client ; your orig. creditor... then they are obligated to produce your title.. not the collection agy. we are however to provide you with a letter showing settlement was paid.. 30 days after your ck clears ( for agy protection naturally)

• Ni
      May 28, 2009

that is absurd and untrue... if they said they delivered the letter it was done...maybe someone should have their head checked out.. you wait years to pay a bill then you want clients to do things your way... no... sorry ... no one should be disrespected but dont expect praise for doing something you should have done in the first place...

Aug 07, 2009

That is the biggest reason why you should never deal with Collection Agencies. You run the risk of something like what you experienced happening. Its always best to deal with the original creditor if you can. Even if it means sending all payments through the original creditor and letting them sort it out with the Collection Agency.

At this point you can gather any proof of payments such as bank statements, checks, correspondence etc... and get a lawyer. There are some great Consumer lawyers out there who will represent you based on a contigency fee. If you can't afford an attorney or don't want to be bothered with that, you could file in small claims where you don't need a lawyer. Also file a complaint with the State Attorney General's office where the Collection Agency is located in. Good luck