Nation wide circulation / unauthorized charges

1 GA, United States Review updated:

Two girls knocked on my door, they were selling magazines so that they can get the points for school trip. I selected a magazine for $ 49 but later I wanted to cancel this due to certain reasons. I filled the cancellation form and sent to them. To my surprise they withdrew money from my account the very next day, without waiting for the three business days as written in the form. I have been trying for 3 days left the voice message, but did not get a return call, this is totally weird I really do not know will I get this money back or this is a total scam ???
Customer Service:[protected]
NationWide Circulation Inc
PO Box 3086,
York, Pa. 17402

Comments

Mo
  29th of Jul, 2009

Where were these girls selling on July 29th?

Mo
  29th of Jul, 2009

If anyone knows where the magazine girls are today please send me a message back asap. They need to be stopped.

El
  31st of Aug, 2009

They were knocking on my door on July 20th They scammed me bad for 321.00 dollars... THey said they were trying to get points to go on a trip, asked general questions, wer4e real friendly, said that i had a 4 week buyer clause b/c i was not expecting to have to pay up front... they told me i would get a confirmation call in 5 days at that point i could cancel and they would still get their points... it was 2 girls in thier teens that were doing this...only one of them did the talking her name (At least on the paper) was Maddison operator number 026. I mailed the cancelation letter in b/c something just didn't feel right about the situation i called the number to cancel but only got a voicemail.. i then tried to call yet again but this time the number had been disconnected. I feel so betrayed that i tried to help these girls and they laughed all the way to the bank.. They cashed my checks on the 23 overdrew my checking account and wiped out my savings. What do we need to do to get our money back? These people need to be stopped and have MAJOR charges brought against them for thier fraudulent acts!

Tr
  2nd of Sep, 2009

Maddison was at my house this afternoon in woodstock, and I thought something wierd right away. Went out to find them (was a girl and a guy) and they were gone!! Called the bank and put a stop payment on the check.

Zo
  13th of Sep, 2009

We had a young guy and girl (who had tattoos) sell us $100 in magazines. We live in Acworth, GA, right next to woodstock. Unfortunately we paid with cash. I know we got ripped off, because the company's phone number doesn't even work!!

El
  23rd of Mar, 2010

* UPDATE!*

I waited the 120 days as it states on the reciept. After recieveing NO magazines ( which i knew i wouldn't) i went to the Bartow County Sheriff's office to file a THEFT BY DECEPTION charge. I then got a call a couple days later from the detective investigating the case in which he told me he did get in touch with the person whose account my checks were deposited into. He said he talked to her and she told him that the account was just where the money got deposited and then from there she distibuted the money to the "Appropriate" place. ANd to no surprise when he tried to contact her the following day... Phone number had been disconnected Sound Familiar?) The Detective told me that i could file a civil suit against this person (Her name is Rebecca. Forgive me i don't remember her last name.) but if the business had either gone "out of business" or "Bankrupt" then it would be no good and it would be another $45 wasted.

I suggest that if this happened/s to you by all means GO TO THE POLICE and file a THEFT BY DECEPTION charge. We definately need to get these people stopped. Maybe if we can get enough people on this it can eventually stop these people from stealing from innocent people who work hard for thier money.

Good Luck!