Nathan Gootee / paid for auto work and never completed

United States, Indiana, Stilesville Review updated:
Nathan Gootee
Phone: 812-251-5043
Mr. Gootee was a friend of mine. I needed transmission work and he agreed to work on my car for $350.oo. I paid him in advance. He never showed back up and my car is still sitting in the driveway in pieces. I have called many times and i get no response or threats. I dont know what to do. This is a private transaction.

N  7th of Jul, 2009 by
It's a civil matter, therefore you'd have to take him to Small Claims court.
N  6th of Dec, 2009 by

Nathan Gootee - Windows Install Service not done
Nathan Gootee
Phone: 812-251-5043

I live in a condo association and noticed a new neighbor repairing the inside and outside of their unit. Mr. Nathan Gootee was working on and finishing the installation of a window on this unit when I inquired of him how much it would cost to replace three windows on my unit. On October 11, 2009 Mr. Nathan Gootee came to my residence to give me an estimate on replacement windows and labor cost. Nathan measured and wrote down the spects of the three windows and handed me a written estimate and expained to me that he would need half the money ($400.00) to purchase the windows and then the balence upon completion of the job. This was also outlined in the written estimate given to me. I went and got a money order for 400.00 and haded it to Mr. Gootee and both of us signed the estimate. Nathan explained to me that when he orders the windows on Monday that they would be delivered the following week on Tuesday. This was on a Sunday the money transaction happened. I did not get a call on the wednesday I called him and only had one other conversation to which Nathan said the company he bought the windows from happened to close down the week the windows were to come in and they would be in the next week. I have called many times to and voicemail is all I get. No service and no refund.
D  20th of Dec, 2009 by
I would like to say that the people that post the things on this site are one sided. The facts are unknown to the rest of the people that read the blogs.If these people have jobs uncompleted then they should take the other party to court.
Hence they are just trying to put a bad name out there for the ones they write about. This making them look foolish to the rest of the world for not doing the legal thing or maybe they cant cause their stories are unjust and untrue!