Nashville Autotune / Dishonest Company, Incompetant Employees

1 Nashville, TN, United States Review updated:

I hired Mr. Natt Hall (owner of Nashville Autotune) to fix the transmission on my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Mr. Hall had my car in his possession for approximately 1 month, charged me over $600 and my car ran (not properly, but ran) for three days. On the 4th day, while driving down the interstate, my car started slipping out of gear (at 70mph) and jerking. You could literally hear parts of the car falling apart while driving. Once stopped, the car was turned off and the transmission was so locked up that car was not drivable and had to be towed. When confronted, Mr. Hall and his associate Derek Jones, passed the blame onto several other parts of my car malfunctioning simultaneously, refused to refund my money and have since refused further contact with me.

They took my money, didn't even remotely fix my car, and are now refusing to answer my calls.

I am appalled at this company's lack of competence, their dishonestly, childish behavior and overall lack of business etiquette.

I wouldn't recommend this company to screw in a light bulb, much less fix anything!

Jb

Comments

• Gb
      21st of Sep, 2010

Well J. Bouer first of all you have a 2001 jeep Grand Cherokee notorious for transmission failure you probably had a lemon and brought it to Mr. Hall to rig so it would shift into gear. I bet you probably refused to pay 1800 for a brand new one and wanted a lesser mean to a temporary fix. I have met Mr. Hall on numerous occasions and found that he is quite confident in his work as a mechanic not only did he fix 2 of my vehicles and they are working properly but every person that I recommended to him has been a satisfied customer . I guess it goes to show you when you don't want to spend the money to fix it right the first time things happen, in this case your Jeep Grand Cherokee malfunctioned I bet if there was an investigation of what was done the part that broke would be merely an extension of the original problem there for taking the blame away from Mr. Hall and putting it back onto you for not wanting to just pay for a new Transmission in the first place.
    Here are just some complaints for you to ponder upon as well.

8th Aug 2003, 18:38
    I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I have had nothing but problems with this car. I bet its been in the shop 12+ times. Here is a list of problems I have had...

Rotors replaced or resurfaced 3x

transmission worked on

engine light 4+x (I ignore it now-it comes and goes)

weather striping around windshield came off at 60mph

glove box handle broken

All this with 58k miles. I bought it new and would not consider buying another. I tried to get a copy of every appointment/work order on my Jeep to see if I qualified for the lemon law, but the dealer would not give me any copies. Always keep your work orders. I can't wait until its paid for.

11th Sep 2005, 15:52
    I recently purchased a used 2001 JGCL from a dealer and have had soooo many problems. I am not having any luck repairing the thing. I am disabled and on a limited income and THOUGHT I was purchasing a quality used vehicle and am now stuck with the vehicle. I get the impression that the various repairs that I have been complaining about where already known, i.e. repeat transmission problems, and that I am just getting the runaround by both the dealer and the Jeep repair shop. Please, if anyone out there can help, please contact me.

23rd Sep 2006, 23:12
    I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo 62, 700 miles and was smart enough to pay the extra $1, 500 or so for the extended warranty... unfortunately it ran out back in Feb of this year. I started having lots of problems after that. I thought Jeep was a good company, afterall, I had a 1989 boxy Laredo with over 140, 000 miles which I traded in for the 2001.

I am having a lot of the same problems with the transmission slipping and have had the driver's side window motor replaced twice (thank god it was still under warranty).

An oil leak appeared at 59000 miles and the dealer gave me a run around and said it was the valve covers and it actually turned out to be a rear seal.

The engine light is constantly on, every time I go to the dealer they give me the excuse that the light is burned out... this has been going on since it was brand new.

Brakes have been a nightmare... of course they are pulsating despite having 2 brake jobs! (1 was a recall)

My husband has a 2001 Toyota 4 Runner. Not one problem at 68, 000 miles and has NEVER taken it into the shop. He does his own oil changes.

Sad to say, I'll NEVER buy another Jeep.