Nashua Mobile / Poor service, breach of contract

1 South Africa Review updated:

To whom it may concern,
In short, I have had and still have issues with Nashua Mobile from November 2012 and still continuing:
1. I was due for an upgrade on the 4th of November 2012. Initially I wanted a Samsung S3, but was told there is no stock. On the 10th I was told that they cannot be sure of when they will have stock of the S3 and I should take the S3 Mini, which is in stock. I only agreed as my old phone was giving problems and I wanted a new phone for the holidays.
2. After daily phone calls and weekly visits to The Glen Nashua Mobile, I finally received my phone on the 14th of DECEMBER 2012 before leaving on holiday.
3. I was told to give the phone 24 hours to register on the network. By Monday the 17th of December, the phone was still unable to register on the network. I was in Rustenburg until New Years, and as that store couldn’t help me and they were closed over the Festive Season, I was stuck with a brand new phone which didn’t work. And this over Christmas and New Year…
4. When finally back in Johannesburg, it came to light that the porting had never been done… I was finally able to use my new phone on Friday the 4th of January (Remember: 2 months AFTER my upgrade…)
5. End of January I pick up that I have been billed for 2 new contracts instead of one. The Glen branch ensured me that they will look into it, as it is clearly a mistake.
6. February 2nd, my NEW phone’s LCD screen starts to discolour and fade. It goes in for repairs on the 4th of February. Nashua Mobile doesn’t offer loan handsets, but I am assured by the staff at the Glen branch that it won’t take longer than 30 days…
7. End of February, I get double billed AGAIN for 2 contracts instead of one…
8. End of March I still have no phone and I get the run around as to how long the phone might take.
9. End of March I get double billed AGAIN… The store manager assures me the contract is off my name now and I will receive a credit at the end of April.
10. April: I asked for the handset to be replaced as a sign of goodwill and the store manager agreed and proposed this to her boss, the franchise manager that I get bumped up to an S3 (that I originally wanted and was willing to pay for).
11. End of April: after what feels like a hundred emails I finally get news that the handset was replaced. Only problem, it is the S3 Mini. The franchise manager is unable/unwilling(?) to help with this regard, and offers a R1500 gift voucher as recompense. BUT when I get to the store to collect, guess what… the phone is there but none of the staff seems to know anything about the voucher… I am told on the Saturday that they will let me know by Monday when I can collect the voucher. Monday comes and goes and no one contacts me. I am finally told on Wednesday the 1st of May that the voucher is ready and sorry for the inconvenience and blah blah blah. So after sitting without a phone for 14 weeks and being expected to pay for it, and all the run around from both the store, the franchise manager and head office I get R1500 to make up for it, instead of simply cancelling the contract as I suggested and having me take out a new contract, which I was willing to pay for, thereby getting the phone I wanted all along…
12. Friday 3rd of May: I get my latest Nashua Mobile statement. YES!!! The other contract was finally taken off my name BUT… I get charged a R456 hardware fee (for God knows what), AND they slap a cancellation fee of R2564, 98 on my account….
13. I was told I would get feedback first thing Monday. It is now after 12:00 and I am fed up with this company and its poor customer service… After having been to the Glen store countless of times about the phone and the extra contract and all the phone calls and emails, what am I to do?
This last incident is the final straw. No customer should have to put up with the crap I have. I have had my new contract now for 7 months, and have only had use of the phone for 6 WEEKS… It also does not take 6 months to rectify an error on my account. Was it even legal to take money out of my account every month for a contract I never even signed?
My solution: I want all my contracts with Nashua Mobile to be cancelled immediately without penalties, so that I can go to another service provider, who can actually provide a half decent service.
Regards,
Willem van der Merwe
Nashua Mobile account number [protected]

Wp
May 6, 2013

Comments

• Ts
      4th of Jun, 2014

my cell went to repair for same problem and now it been months I do not get it back but still paying for it every month ''poor service''