Nashua Mobile / Unacceptable service

Complaint regarding service levels at Nashua service provider

I have had a Nashua cellphone contract since December 2003 with insurance cover costing me R60.00 per month.

On Saturday I visited Nashua in Boksburg and wanted to hand in my cellphone for repair. I was told that I could not get a loan phone but that they would log a call for the phone to be collected from my work address for repair and would arrange a loan phone for me.

By Wednesday I had heard nothing from them and phone customer service. Zigi told me that Boksburg office had not logged a call with them.They could collect the phonen from me but had no loan phones. He confirmed this with his manager, Sagie Kandasamy and would not allow me to speak to the manager.

I find this level of service unacceptable as I need a phone and they were not prepared to even make an effort to assist me.

E. van Niekerk

Comments

• St
      23rd of Sep, 2009

I can help to agree with most of the complaints received by people about poor service given by Nashua Mobile. There is a big problem with this company as they break all the rules.About four weeks back i applied for a cellphone upgrade at a local Nashua Mobile store About tree weeks later i enquired again about cellphone and was given many excuses I phoned head office where i was told that the cellphone in question had no stock They in turn told me to change to another more expensive phone.i changed to another phone at the given store.A week later no news for Nashua Mobile.I again phoned the store and was given excuses again by local Nashua Mobile store and was give some excuse about courier's service. Phoned head office again and was put on hold for don't know how long on my own expense. I personally think Nashua Mobile is one of the worst Cellphone service providers there is. I hope my road never meet with them again.The store in question is Secunda Nashua Mobile. I can be contacted on 0798728663

• Pe
      23rd of Aug, 2010
    Nashua Mobile - I'm a new client and still dont have an active sim
    nashuamobile.com

I've applied for a new business contract on 11 August and supplied Nashua Mobile with all the necesary documentation. I had to practically beg and follow up on a daily basis to get this contract activated although it's been approved by Head office and passed the credit vetting first time around. I eventually got the hand set on 19 August as well as the 'activated sim' that was ready for use. To date, after several calls to the call centre, my sim is still not activated. Initially they said it will take max 48 hours. To date, it's been 6 days!!! That is 144 hours!!! I spoke to Luyanda Buthelezi on Friday morning and I quote his e-mail to me :'activation will should be active by this afternoon as all the steps have been completed. I will check with you to see if it is active.' I left a message for him on Friday ( 218) around 14:30 and he did not even bother to return my call to date. And that from an apparent Call Centre Manager. If this is the caliber manager that they have, I'd rather cancel this contract because I'm just not up for it to beg companies to activate services. This is a business contract and I'm incurring losses due to their negligence and lack of interest!!!

• Gd
      23rd of Aug, 2010

Being that this is 2010 and all you have to do is Google a company to find out if there customer service is bad you made a big mistake my friend. Since you didn't do the research (like 5 minutes worth) you are now paying for it. You really blew that one. It's like voting for someone in an election and knowing nothing about them, what's the point?

• Ba
      13th of Sep, 2010
    Nashua Mobile - Nashua incorrect high account
    Nashua Mobile

I had a really bad experiences and contract with Nashua for 2 years which finally ended in June 08. (My bill was about R500 per month and I hardly MADE OUTGOING CALLS) I was determined to change SP's however a person at Nashua convinced me to stay and helped me to choose the phone that would best suite my needs and a contract to suite my usage so that there are no hidden or escalating costs.

Basically I would pay a little more for the contract, but that included extra free minutes and sms bundle. Hence I WAS TOLD I should EXPECT TO spend on average R650 + R59 + R110 per month = R820 per month.

My first bill never arrived however R 1, 175.41 was debited from my bank account on 2009-08-05. I called the branch several times and left messages, sent emails asking for a statement to explain my high account. I was eventually sent an abrupt email back with a bill with no breakdown as to the phone usage. I called head office several times asking for a supervisor as still no-one could explain these high fees. The supervisor never got back to me.

I called the branch again, expressing my concern that it was almost time for the next month’s bill and the problem hadn't been sorted.

• Bu
      15th of Sep, 2010
    Nashua Mobile - Put me on hold for 20 minutes and then cut me off
    Nashua Mobile

On Monday 28-09-09 at 12 30 pm I phoned Nashua call centre to ask whether they could phone my daughter as her phone would not work...it was NOT soft-locked...she has paid BUT every time a new month starts her phone will not work...A lady answered and asked whether she could help!!! This lady is NATASHA MOODLEY who proceeded to tell me that she would not phone my daughter as this is not what she is able to do. When I told her that this problem occurred EVERY month she said she could not do it. I was astounded as this IS Nashuas problem. I told her I had been in 4 armed robberies in ONE MONTH and this made me fear for my daughters safety if she had no access to her cellphone. She said there was nothing she could do. I then said I hoped she was never put into a similar position as it showed a total lack of compassion to deny help. I asked for her name (probably about 20 to 30 times) she refused to give it to me and talked NON-STOP so I was unable to get a word in!! I then screamed at her to get her to just keep quiet and give me her name!!! She put me on hold for approx 20 miNs and then cut me off. NATASHA YOU LACK PEOPLE SKILLS AND SHOULD NOT HOLD THE POSITION YOU HOLD!!

• Fi
      23rd of Sep, 2010
    Nashua Mobile - New application gets ignored
    Nashua Mobile

Tues 6th Oct 2009 i applied for a cellphone contract via their online website. Received a ref number (144171). On the website it also requires you to draw up and send through additional personal information to be faxed back to their call centre number: 0112079013. This was done around 2pm on the 6th. No response was received from the company an entire day, the 7th.

Today the 8th, from around 9am ive been calling the sales call centre number: 0861 531 531 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0861 531 531 end_of_the_skype_highlighting repeatedly. It is now 1pm and ive stil not gotten through. I spoke to and heard the voices of 5 different people but ive got no where with this application. I was told to speak to a Julian Green but the 3 times i got through to him he could not hear me, yet the previous persons on the same call could hear me. I gave one gentlemen my ref number, he told me abt Julian, could he not give this ref to Julian so he would know im trying to call in? Julain cant hear me so i go on hold or whatever it is and eventually it sends to me a mailbox option to leave a voice message. I HAVE ALREADY filled in the 'Get us to call You CONTACT FORM' (144396) & still no one responds not even get a call back or an email.

• Su
      23rd of Sep, 2010

I have the same story, sort of. They also over charged me a few months, no explantions, nobody getting back to you as to why so high!! then I cancelled my credit card and stopped the debit orders. All of a sudden they can phone you. This is going on since Dec last year. They just refuse to cancell the contract, and I refuse to pay for a service I do not recieve.

• Co
      13th of Oct, 2010
    Nashua Mobile - This is so sad that we are all ripped of by providers
    Nashua Mobile

I'm complaining on behalf of my son. We opened a new contract with Nasha Mobile & settled for the Nokia 5800 contract. My son only had the phone for 1 month when it started giving problems. The memory card switiching off, does not read the memory card & always reads memory full. It doesn't always open the photo galary.

We handed the phone in on the 07 Sep.2009, received the phone on the 23 September, with the same problem, returned it immediately. Received the phone on the 6 October & again had to return immediately with the same issue . Received the phone on the 5 November, could not believe it, but the same problem & had to resent the phone in for repairs. I was told by the call centre that I cannot get a new phone, I will have to send the phone in for repairs everytime because the 7 day period is over. I asked if I could refer this to someone with higher authority but was informed that it's not possible. I'm really dissapointed & cannot explain the frustration, but yes, I still have to pay the monthly installment with no phone. Will we never have a phone again, but pay the contract. This is so sad that we are all ripped of by providers...

• Go
      10th of Jan, 2011
    Nashua Mobile - Nashua Mobile wastes my time
    Nashua Mobile

I did not receive my itemised bill for calls made in January. This is usually emailed to me monthly (and I am billed for it.) I requested (via the 'contact me' service on the website) the itemised statement and was sent the wrong one. After pointing out (via email) the error I was sent garbage information. After saying (again via email to the same person) I cannot use the garbage information sent I was ignored. Subsequent follow up emails to the same person were also ignored. I made another 'contact me' request which was ignored. I made yet another 'contact me' request and finally received a response (automated, but hey at least it was something) ... saying the request had been completed, but in reality nothing had been done!

• Us
      18th of Jan, 2011
    Nashua Mobile - Paying for equipment I can't use
    Nashua Mobile

In the last week of December 2009 I signed a contract at Nashua Mobile West Rand Crossing for a 3G contract and a modem. I received the package, and tried to install it on my PC. After numerous attempts had failed, I tested the modem on my wifes PC, and it worked fine. I them took the modem back and explained that the modem was not compatible with my PC. I was told that they would send the device in for repairs. Two weeks later i was called and told that it was repaired, I reluctantly collected the device and retried to load it on my PC and once again failed. I took the device back to the store and spoke to a lady named Brenda, I explained again that it was not compatible with my PC. Once again I was told that they would send the device in, . On receiving the device again, I was told that they tested it and it works fine. When I returned it again they sent a technician out who confirmed that it wasn't compatible with my PC, he told me that he would call and come out again with a different modem. Two weeks later having not received a different modem, I took my entire package back to Brenda and told her to cancel the contract as it has not been fulfilled. It is March and no response.

• Of
      18th of Jan, 2011
    Nashua Mobile - For the 3d I pay and get cut off
    Nashua Mobile

Once again you have cut me off even though I have paid. I don't understand what the problem is or is it that you just don't like me?

I got a call on Monday 8th March from Eugene G who explained that my payment had not gone through. I checked and he was correct so immediately made payment via eft and sent confirmation to [Hidden Email] as instructed and he informed me that everything would be fine.

Yesterday evening to my dismay I was smsed by you informing me that my service had been suspended.

Please can we sort this out as soon as possible.

23rd of Jan, 2011
    Nashua Mobile - ITC
    private
    South Africa

I had a cellphone contract with nashua mobile 0828803167. November 2009 i became unemployed, i made arrangements to settle the account as soon as i got new employment. June 2010 i contacted Nashua branch in Rustenburg to get the settlement account. Once i settled the account i faxed through the proof of payment to Rustenburg.

Believing i am out of debt i recently applied for motor finance, only to be shocked to find out i have been put on ITC for the exact amount i have settled in June 2010.

A week ago i e-mailed trough to nashua a SAPS stamped with still no response.
    please is it possible to give me some advice or help on how to get some reaction from nashua mobile.

Kind Regards
    Chantell Coetzee.

• Ni
      3rd of Feb, 2011
    Nashua Mobile - Stop giving my details to other companies
    Nashua Mobile

I received a call on my work phone from Autopage offering me a cellphone contract yesteday.. It was obvious that the agent had my latest Nashua Mobile statement in front of him as he was able to tell me how much my last bill came to and how much I would be 'saving' by having a contract with both Nashua and Autopage. To put it simply, I don't appreciate you giving my details to people who are going to phone and irritate me.. This is not what I signed up for when I got my contract with you, all I asked of you was a phone and an MTN cellphone contract. Other 'services' are not required. I've also received calls from Cell C since signing up with you guys and the agent confirmed that he got my details from my current contract- you guys! Don't you already make enough money by ripping us off with high charges, do you really need to sell our details to other companies as well???!!!

• Pr
      6th of Feb, 2011
    Nashua Mobile - Nashua doesn't deliver advertised contract offers
    Nashua Mobile

I took out a family top up for my children in November (two additional contracts). With the contract they got the Nashua comes with music and the brochure advertised speakers. After signing the contract I was told that The Glen had no stock of speakers but they would call me once they had received new stock. Repeatedly I have gone in or called the store to be told that there is a problem and they are sorting it out. Two weeks ago I was told that there was a problem with the special and the time I took out the contract - no speakers for me. I then explained that the reason we took this contract over extending my existing contract was for the speakers. Prayer than said he would talk to his manager and come back to me. Yesterday when confronting Prayer as to lack of response he said that he had not done anything about it and would not be doing anything as he was busy with stock and had been for a month. He also said that he had passed on my numerous messages for the manager Francois to phone (as they do not give out the managers number) but todate no phone call. The service has been shocking, once Nashua have you 'contracted' in there is no such thing as customer serivce!

• Mu
      9th of Feb, 2011
    Nashua Mobile - 2 months to repair a phone
    Nashua Mobile

I got a new phone from nashua mobile in january and in february it stopped charging. i booked it in on the 20th of february at the sunnypark branch, they did not have a loan unit. Their policy is that they will return the phone in 30 working days which is grossly unfair already. Now the 30 working days have lapsed without any update. when call them all i get is the phone is still with repairs. No update on what's being done.I went to the store twice already and still don't have a loan unit.

• Tr
      15th of Mar, 2011
    Nashua Mobile - Porting
    Shane
    South Africa

Despite my contract running it's full term. (i.e. past 24 months) I still have to give a full months notice if I want to move to another service provider with my current number. I find that totally unfair and should surely be against the newly ratified Consumer Protection act. I don't want the service any more and they force me to go one another month with them.

It's just a form a protection for their revenue while milking the consumer of more money when we are not satisfied with the service. I want out. NOW!

• Eb
      11th of May, 2011
    Nashua Mobile - Nashua Mobile gave contract faulty phone 7 times and still I do not have a phone
    nashuamobile.com

My Contract phone Nokia N97 is Faulty from the time I recieved the phone it is been send back 7 times and still I have no phone And I feel that
    Nashau is obligated to make sure I have a phone as I have a Contract with them:
    Deal ID : 4124852 07/04/2010 Tokkie Henderson
    4374291 09/06/2010 Bennie Fourie
    4769741 05/09/2010 Khuliswa Bomoyi
    5372769 05/01/2011 Tokkie Henderson
    5475495 08/02/2011 Bennie Fourie
    5614246 08/03/2011 Bennie Fourie
    5821892 10/05/2011 Bennie Fourie
    As you can see all the times the phone is been send back, Nashau Mokopane just don't care they blame it on Nokia. What can I do to get my phone

• We
      28th of Jun, 2011

I have been lied to deceived and plainly ignored while trying to sort out an account issue that started back in September 2010. When asked to speak to a manger after more than 4 months of non replied e-mails and phone calls I was put through to Sandile who claimed to be Eugene Govender’s manager. After issues again I now find out he's a credit controller just like Eugene. Sandile had come to an agreement with me to sort out their mess and after 2 months he claimed I didn't confirm. I have proof that the agreement was agreed to by both parties as I kept all correspondence with them because I know them to be the most dishonest company I've ever dealt with. Now they simply ignore my phone calls and e-mails. The only advice I can give is stay away from them. I've been with them since 1999 and hold a few accounts with them. This is not the first time I’ve had this amount of issues with them, but is surely will be the last.

• We
      28th of Jun, 2011

I had the same issue when trying to cancell finished contracts. I cancelled it on the 8th and was told to give a full calender month notice. This meant 58 days notice. Seems totaly unfair to me especially since they "automatically" place you on a month to month contract when it comes to the end of it's term.

• La
      2nd of Aug, 2011
    Nashua Mobile - Poor service
    nashuamobile.com

My contract with Nashua mobile was renewed October 2010 (0828070949) The headphone did not work the first time when I wanted to use it and the agent in Tzaneen said that it was not covered by the guarantee. The "free gift" GPS did not work either and it is with Nashua mobile near Durbanville since January 2011. It was given back with broken display ofter a long time and when it came back it was dead and later when I got it back, it did not switch on, the last time it did not save routes. It is still with them to this day. I want to cancel my contract, but they would not unless I pay a penalty.
    The other contract phone, 0795113281, get incorrect accounts. They are charging me for BIS, which is part of the contract and that is after they over charged me from October or November 2010 on this phone on the old contract. I went to their office in durban rd near Durbanville twice for this issue and they promiced to call me back. they never did. I logged a request via e-mail to cal me, but to no avail.
    Please help me to get the contract cancelled as I cannot go on paying for a none existing service.