N26 Bank / Number26more than 3 month delay for replacement credit card

I lost my n26 mastercard in September while in Ghana. I have gone through hell to get a replacement. For months N26 support staff stated that the card would be sent to me in here, and they promised to send me a tracking number. Then last Thursday N26 send an email stating that the card had been mailed to my German address. I called to say that N26 had made a mistake but support said it had no record of my card being sent to Ghana. Then suddenly it arrived here today (3 December). N26 never did send a tracking number.

After many years of banking with N26 my trust is gone. This is not a bank you I can count on.

The problem is all customer support. There is no number to call. The chat support is painfully slow. Once you finally get someone they are either stupid or incompetent. They are also uncaring, insensitivity and just plain rude.

On the horrible day my wallet was stolen last September, I contacted N26 customer support chat to ask how I could get a replacement. A customer support employee named Maeve said it would be impossible. She also said that I would have to cancel my whole account and find another bank because I was not located in Germany (even though I am a German citizen). Not only did I not have any way of getting cash but now I was told I no longer had a bank account. My day went from bad to disastrous.

Maeve later said that she would not close my account and that a new mastercard would be sent to me in Ghana (though she never apologized). I was shaken but grateful Then a few days later someone found my empty wallet with my N26 bank card still in it, but it was cracked. I could use it but I still felt unsafe; it could stop working at any minute. I needed the replacement.

And so began the painful, three and a half month process of N26 support promising it would come countless times and promising to give me a tracking number countless times. When I contacted customer support on Thursday I chatted to someone named Naniso. That experience was even worse than my experience with Maeve. She could find no record of my request for a replacement card and said she would send a new replacement to my address in Germany. She could not understand that I was in Ghana.

Naniso repeatedly ignored my requests to speak to her supervisor. She was rude and arrogant. She disconnected the chat saying that I was not answering her questions.

After that I gave up all hope on N26 and started looking for an alternative. I had been one of N26's biggest fans. Now the name makes me quiver with fear. It turns out that N26 is only great until you have a problem that requires the help of a human. And you don't want to be in the middle of nowhere when that happens. N26 will leave its customers to die.

I have opened an account with Fidor. Let's see if they are any better.

Da