Mywot.com / Mywot is abused by people who scour the internet looking for worldviews that they disagree with

United States Review updated:

Mywot is abused by people who scour the internet looking for worldviews that they disagree with. One of their regulars told me that I was a quack for teaching meditation and that he should have given me all red flags, but he "was in a good mood." So, he gave me yellow ratings which means that I might be ripping off old ladies and hijacking their bank accounts. He also bragged about taking down an antivaccination website and a creationism site because of their views. This is a widespread practice in Web of Trust. All you need to do is look at their forum conversations, and you'll see that these people are taking down anyone who says anything that disagrees with them. I only found out about the site because a woman refused to turn in an article she specifically wrote for my blog because she was getting red flags. I spend hours contacting customers who could hopefully fix the problem.

Ab

Comments

• Th
      6th of May, 2013

We learned this the hard way as well. We listed there because we thought we were adding our website to a reputable group. It was nothing as the mission statement of the websites claims.

• We
      21st of Apr, 2017

MyWOT.com is an extortion website, it seems they are on a long term plan, sooner or later they will ask for subscription to keep your website reputation good.
    You are absolutely right, those shadowy and wicked staff hide behind some fancy avatars. Let us all start by rating their App with 1* at Google Play.
    I can not understand who gave them the authority to play judge and God and prosecute honest people's websites, then use their chrome plug-in and Google Playstore App to steal your browsing history and mobile information. Firefox has banned their plugin