MyVillageBoutique / Misrepresented Product

1 5411 SW 6th AvenueCape Coral, FL, United States Review updated:

I purchased what was claimed to be Bare Minerals from this lady Colleen P. LoRae, under the business of My Village Boutique on ebay on 12Oct2008. When I received the package I noticed that it was European Bare, not Bare Minerals. I sent her a message over ebay right away on 18Oct when I received it. I asked her if I could simply return it for a refund. It was a gift for my wife for Christmas. I got no response. I then sent her two more messages on the 21st of October and have not received a response for either one of them. I went back on ebay even to ensure that I had read the right advertisement and to make sure I had not gotten the product that I was buying mixed up somehow. I hadn't gotten it mixed up but what I did notice is that on about the 19th of October, she had changed the imbedded description (the one you see once you click on the product) to say European Bare Minerals but the item description still said Bare Minerals. A couple days later while I was looking for a true Bare Minerals kit on ebay again, I clicked on one of her ads again not knowing it was hers because they often use the same pictures. This time she had modified the entire page with a whole blurb about how European Bare Minerals are the same as the high quality Bare Minerals. It is not and that's why no one has ever recommended it. You cannot have something that's close to the real thing be called the real thing. At this time, I am confused on a resolution but I'm guessing if I post negative feedback about her then she will post negative feedback about me which I think extremely unfair since I have done nothing wrong. One major drawback to ebay.

Na

Comments

• Le
      18th of May, 2009

I've bought cosmetics from Colleen through Ebay for the last several years.
    I can see why some would get confused I guess, with all the different brands out there, but it's always been very clear to me that she sells 'European Bare Minerals'.
    My Village Boutique is one of my favorite stores on Ebay. Colleen has some nice stuff!

• De
      10th of Aug, 2009

Wow! I am in complete shock that Colleen never got back with the guy regarding the bare minerals. I have just recently made my first ever purchase from her off of eBay and am extremely happy with the customer service I have received from her. I wound up writing 2 emails the day of the transaction and she responded with an email and a telephone call before I had my products shipped and even threw in a bonus. I have just opened my package within the last hour and cant believe how nicely it was wrapped. So, definitely, she will be hearing from me in the future, whether the products are for me or a friend. :)

• Ki
      9th of Aug, 2013

I am also a repeat customer of Colleen and My Village Boutique. Perhaps back in 2008 she had to fine-tune her ad and I'm not saying the man complaining is wrong, but my dealings with her have been glitch-free and I've always received exactly what was advertised on EBay. Her current listings make it clear that the product is similar to Bare Minerals but it is not B. M. brand. She has also responded to my emails within a few hours. I would not hesitate to continue to purchase from My Village Boutique.