Mytelebill / Fraud phone charges!

I opened my AT&T bill to find 2 months of charges to a company, I have never heard of, or ever done business with before. After several attempts to reach someone, we were told that i signed up for something over the phone (which i NEVER do), but couldn't tell me when i did it. After contacting AT&T and refusing to pay for the charges, and demanding they be removed from our bill, they once again showed up again the following month. According to MyTeleBill, i signed up for voicemail. Why i would do that when i have an answering machine, i have no idea. They are a fraud, and it will probably take me another month or more to get this off my bill. Watch out!!!

A  9th of Oct, 2007 by
We got hit as well. Not only do we have to deal with the telebill crap, but there are two other "voice mail" companies on our bill as well. One of these charging 19.95 a month.
A  12th of Oct, 2007 by
I just found 49.75 in charges on my last two Verizon phone bills. When I called to ask about these, I was told they are from The Billing Resource and given a number to call. When I called that number, they directed me to another company, Integretel, which they say they are only the billing service for. That one was closed for the weekend.

According to Verizon, I am getting billed not only for My TeleBill, but AgouraVoiceMail as well, neither of which I have ever ordered. Verizon offered to "temporarily remove the charges" until I can get the matter straightened out. I'm glad I googled these companies before I attempted to talk to any of them. I have found dozens of complaints just like mine.

My strategy will be to call Verizon back and report this as a scam. They ask to be informed of such things, but I'm surprised they don't already know about this one.
A  1st of Dec, 2007 by
I reported them to the Better Business Bureau and found the "whois" for the website, Mytelebill.com. They hit me too, and Verizon Wireless has been absolutely uncooperative. I am fighting this until these people are put out of business. Here is "Mytelebill"s contact info, which I am also submitting to the BBB:

Blair Martinson
1130 West Sandy Banks
Gilbert, AZ 85233

A  8th of Dec, 2007 by
I too was charged $14.50 ($7.25 x 2) on my Verizon bill. When questioning Verizon, they told me it was put there from MyTeleBill and had something to do with on-line coupons. No one ever said anything to me about any answering service??? Anyway, after 2 certified letters to MyTeleBill at PO Box 922, GIlbert, AZ 85299, I still did not get any answers. I did, however, get the green cards back that acknowledged the receipt of the letters I sent. I have just finished writing to my local assistant District Attorney in hopes that something can be done to stop these thieves. I was told that my Verizon service can not be stopped if I did not pay the part of the bill that the MyTeleBill came up on. So as long as I have documentation that I have disputed the bill, Verizon can not do anything. I honestly think Verizon is as mad at MyTeleBill as we are.
A  2nd of Feb, 2008 by
I have also been hit with charges from Mytellbill and Selected Services Inc. I contacted both companies and AT&T last month but the charges appeared again this month. AT&T agreed to charge back to the companies but told me that they cannot block them. They suggested that I contact the FCC, like that will do any good. One more month of this and the land line service gets CANCELLED. The cell phone will work just fine.
N  19th of Feb, 2008 by

Mytelebill - Unauthorized Charges
33 W. Coffey Street
Phone: 7244381659

I did not authorized charges of $7.25 on my phone bill, I cannot get through to cancel by phone, constantly busy, I am not paying for this. Apparently they got me while I did an online survey, I did not tell anyone to make charges, charges are for voicemail. I have an answering machine & do not need this. I also have a cell phone that has voice mail. This company is a scam and I will not pay. I guess I will continue to try to cancel.
A  6th of Jun, 2008 by
Just to update this conversation...

I just opened my CenturyTel phone bill to find an $8 charge by The Billing Source for My TeleBill M. Their phone number is 888-296-8079, which leads you to be transferred to 866-474-1256, and listening to messages and making selections.

The foreign accented person who answered informed me that we subscribed to unlimited long distance service through a pop-up ad. (?)

Number one, we already have unlimited long-distance with CenturyTel. Why would I pay for it again?

Secondly, we NEVER respond to pop-ups. Even if we inadvertantly hit the ad while trying to clear it, how did they get our phone number?!

The operator agreed to stop future billing for the service. It sounded like they would credit our account for the charge as well. I will be checking that out closely on the next billing cycle.

Meanwhile, CenturyTel says there is NOTHING they can do about 3rd party billings. It is up to you and the 3rd party to resolve. That's scary to me... What if the charge was for $8, 000 instead of $8?!

I elected to put a block on my CenturyTel account against any future 3rd party billing. This appears to be your only means of preventing such fraud.
A  3rd of Sep, 2008 by
The telephone co's (AT&T, Verizon, etc...) allow this 3rd party billing because they make a percentage of what is either billed or collected--depending on how their agreement is written. It is a travesty that our local phone company (AT&T) allows this. And Yes, I'm sure they know it's a scam--but they make a lot of money looking the other way.

Telephones are an integral part of our utilities--just like water, electric, sewer and garbage. The TELCO's are allowing these scams because they make a lot of money collecting these bills. This would be similar to your power company passing through a bill for something else, and then threatening to cut off your power if you don't pay. The reality is that there just are not a lot of sources for telephone service (hard line) in a lot of areas. Sadly, AT&T doesn't have a lot of competiton/

I think the best bet is to contact local and state officials and ask them to sponsor a "truth in billing" or other type of law that prohibits companies operating under the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) from doing third party billing. The other alternative, after speaking with a state representative, is to contact your state Consumer Affairs office.
N  4th of Aug, 2009 by
the above listed Gilbert, AZ address is not valid. That is a home address and it is a rental property. For further information cotnact Officer Patrick Samuels with the Gilbert Arizona police Department (480)503-6500
N  4th of Aug, 2009 by
Regarding Blair Martinson. the listed Gilbert address is not valid. It is a rental property and the business is not located there. For further information contact Officer Patrick Samuels with the Gilbert Arizona Police Department. (480)503-6500