MyTaxFree.Com / Credit card was billed - order never shipped!

United States Review updated:
4.15
I was flat out lied to by everyone I spoke with at the company over the 20 days (as of today) since my order was placed. My credit card was billed immediately for $3000+ upon the placement of the order on 1/17.

I was told twice that the order was to be shipped the next day, then, that they were canceling the order because they were unable to "get" the camera body, then, when I said I wanted my card credited IMMEDIATELY, I was transferred to a manager/owner "Ron" that told me they had to pay a few hundred dollars more to "get" the camera, it was not my problem and I would be paying the same, and that it would ship out by 1/30 at the very latest, and to call him back to confirm on his cell phone. His phone has been turned off, and when I sent a follow up email yesterday on 2/5, I was called back and told the order is canceled, they can not obtain the camera, and that my money would be refunded in 3-4 days. The camera was still listed as "in stock" as of yesterday, 2/5/07, while I was having the conversation with the new customer service manager Foley. As of 11.26 AM on 2/6, it is still listed as "IN STOCK": http://www.mytaxfree.com/ViewProducts3.aspx?ID=4328

I have no reason to believe that I will get the credit on my card as they have not told the truth once. My attorney says this constitutes fraud, my next letter is to the Better Business Bureau in both Delaware and PA since there seems to be some question as to where they are located, and legal action may be taken.
Va

Comments

Ca
  11th of Feb, 2007
I purchased a camcorder in December. The camera had several packages available which had longer life batteries and power packs for the camera. I purchased the "Professional Pack". I received the camera without the upgraded battery equipment. The battery I received had a charger that does not work. I phoned upon receipt of the order and was told the missing items would be shipped on Jan 2, 2007. Still have not received them. Phone calls/messages are unanswered, faxes and letters are ignored, email has not produced any result either. Avoid this company, they do not provide the service after the sale they do before the sale. They ignore you, your phone calls and all attempts to obtain what you ordered.
  15th of Feb, 2007
FYI. I am involved in trying to get a LCD flat screen shipped from MyTaxfree.com. They are coming up with excuses and promises. I am waiting one more week before I take action.Their operation and customer service is subpart. They never answer e-mails or voice messages. I have waited over an hour on the phone to them and then given up waiting for a customer rep to answer. Their "order status" site in not correct and half the time seems to be down.

I should have done more research. I have found may complaints on-line for MyTaxfree.com doing the same to others. The Delaware Better Business Bureau rates them as unsatisfactory for that reason.

To all, to may have this problem--I have contacted the Delaware State's Attorney and they are interested. If you have had a problem with MyTaxfree.com suggest you file a complaint with the Delaware State's Attorney and the Federal Trade Commission. They both have form on-line and it is not hard to do. They company seems to be constantly violating the Code of Federal Regulations title 16 Part 435 (16CFR435). This states the business MUST inform YOU of any shipping delays and give you the choice to accept the dealy or get a refund--Federal law!! Pass it on.
Ga
  5th of Mar, 2007
I am experiencing much the same mistreatment as those comments above. TaxFree.com has charged my card for a Plasma TV and not shipped it. They do not respond to e-mails, and their Customer Care branch cannot be reached by telephone. They will keep you on hold indefinitely. I question if they are a real business.

I intend to pursue this legally if I must.

Gary Hicks
San Diego, CA
Ma
  21st of Mar, 2007
Thanks for the helpful information above... The same thing happened to me- I ordered an LCD TV on Feb.6...today is March 21...still no TV... I constantly call and email, only to be frustrated by no response... I am seeking legal action.

Mark McCullough
Order#25752
  23rd of Mar, 2007
It is really bad when a company offers such good prices and claims in-stock inventory on a projection television that you have saved up for quite some time and you place the order, send a $1542 cashiers check, have it shipped by truck with a 21 working day shipping package and more than a month passes and nothing (after order date of Feb 19). I go online to the web site and see your order as shipped on March 16 more than a week before that date and on the 19th you call and are told that the shipping will be delayed by three weeks and you do not hear and explanation as to why it is delayed. You go online to the website and enter the inquiry page, ask what is going on more than once and never get a reply and then the webpage becomes inaccessible (the past couple of days). What is going on? There have to be laws to protect the consumer from internet scams of these types in these situations.
  24th of Mar, 2007
Saw MyTaxFree on next tag and wanted to save on a lcd hdtv. I sent them a certified bank check FOR 2,422.03 On
Monday 5th March 2007. They cashed the check on the 9th of March. many phone calls, being on hold upwards of hours, I got through. gave me The run-around for 2 weeks. Then on Tuesday a girl told me they shipped but could not give me the tracking number. Tried calling Thursday and Friday with no luck. Saw on Nexttag that they(MTF) replied that they are closed!!!

I filed a report this afternoon with the BBB of Delaware.

Called my Credit Union they cannot refund me but can try to see who cashed the check and FILE charges. I am out of months of hard work, sacrifice, and savings. I am not well off at all. I saved for months! I am so upset with them and myself for not following the advice of prior customers.. Someone mentioned contacting the police in my town, and the states attorney general ect. Going to do all that today. I learned a huge life lesson!!! ~listen to customers reviews~

Disgusted,
TREVOR B.
Su
  24th of Mar, 2007
I have experienced the same problems as listed above. Does anyone know about any legal action that can be taken against MyTaxFree.com? Is there a chance of getting my/our money back from them? Is this grounds for a class action suit? This is new territory for me but I think there's enough people out there that have been lied to and stolen from that something can be done as a group.

Also, I read on other sites that the owner of mytaxfree.com has been convicted of fraud and sentenced to 3 years. I'm not sure on how this will affect me/us getting our money back. I guess the Better Business Bureau is the first place to start.
  24th of Mar, 2007
I'm just so disgusted with having to work 60 plus hours a week for my dream tv and I get scammed!

I cannot understand how they can be in "business" for 2 years and still steal from people. I have so many questions about online search engines like nexttag. Nobody monitors these online stores???

THE ONE store I pick for a great deal just put me in a bind financially and spiritually. Parting with thousands of dollars is a strain enough but not getting the goods promised is truly low.

We as customers work hard for our money, and having a goal like purchasing a dream tv is something to look forward to. Being lied to on the phone, robbed, and now having to deal with trying to sort this out is beyond comprehension. I hope we can recover our money I'm going to put in alot of phone calls and keep this board updated for future reference.
I have a feeling there are many of us out of money.
Da
  25th of Mar, 2007
Now what... are there any attorneys or experienced persons out there that know what the chance is that we might get our money back? What typically happens in these cases. Now that mytaxfree has closed its doors is there anything we can do? Any advise would be appreciated. Is there strength in numbers?
Su
  25th of Mar, 2007
I continue to be amazed at the web and the issues that it brings. I posted a 'complaint' last night on this site about mytaxfree.com and found it to be 'censored' by the morning. Some of the contents of my complaint were removed such as links to other sites with more information on mytaxfree.com and what's happening with the company and the issues.

First, mytaxfree.com steals from me and now this site censors what I have to say. What is America coming to.
Ma
  26th of Mar, 2007

MyTaxFree.Com - Mytaxfree.com is a fraudulent and rip off company!

Mytaxfree.com is a fraudulent company. I "bought" a 52" LCD TV on 2/15/07. I sent a check in (unfortunately) and they cashed it 2/28/07. I received a confirmation that they received my order right away, but when I clicked on the link to check the status, it said it had "shipped" already on 3/23/07.....I'm not sure how it had already shipped on a date in the future, so I decided to email and try to find out. I emailed twice, and never got a response. I tried calling the 888 number listed on their website, but never got through to anyone live. I sat on hold for as much as 1.5 hours once. No one ever answered. I posted a comment on the website I found mytaxfree.com through (Nextag.com) because I saw that sometimes mytaxfree would respond. When I went to check to see if they responded the next day, all of the responses said that mytaxfree had closed it's doors, shut down, etc. That was this past Friday 3/23. I have since then faxed and emailed them some more. I filed a complaint with the BBB of Delaware (where they are incorporated) and also the FTC. My brother is an attorney, and he recommended that we go to the Delaware State's Attorney and file a complaint. There is a link that you can click on to file a complaint online. I will also be filing a police report. The company is named Consumer Electronics Warehouse, LLC. If you file on the BBB, it will give you some more info about the company.
He
  26th of Mar, 2007
The same thing happened to my husband and me. Mytax free said they would credit our account within 90 hours that was on march 19 we still are waiting for our refund. Hopefully someone can help us get our money back. Heather
Ah
  27th of Mar, 2007
I purchased TWO LCDs for a total of $4353.06. MTF received my check 2/9/07 and was cleared on 2/16/07. Due to their 21 (business) day delivery, I was set to receive my order on 3/16. When speaking to a rep they told me "the delivery truck was in an accident" and that is why it will be delayed. When I asked why I wasn't notified of a tracking number or shipment she quickly changed her story to 'our systems are down'. Needless to say, I have still not received my order and now I cannot get in touch with a rep - that includes remaining on hold for 6 HOURS yesterday and a total of 4 HOURS today.

I have contact the Attorney General's Fraud/Consumer Protection Division of Delaware at 800.220.5424. After leaving a message with whomever picked up, I was informed that an investigator will contact me. PLEASE DO THE SAME - AS NUMBERS SPEAK LOUDER THAN JUST ONE VOICE.

FYI - THE OWNER HAS BEEN IMPRISONED BECAUSE OF FRAUD:

Hey, since we know who the owner of the company is, Igal Sharon Levy (Ron Levy), maybe we can visit his family and ask them for our money back? What do you people think?

I will update this post.

- Angry angry man
  27th of Mar, 2007
My local police gave me a hassle, they said it wasn't a criminal matter that it was civil so they did not want to take my statement.

I did file with the better business bureau, The federal trade commission, The Internet crime committee (ICC)
The district attorney of my state and the state of DE. Also wrote to Sean O'Sullivan the reporter who covered the Ron Levy story and the DE states attorney who prosecuted Ron levy. He is indeed in jail today but Christopher Burke contacted a Sharon who is an attorney working on mytaxfree fraud.

Please contact all of the above all of us hopefully will be able to get something going.
  27th of Mar, 2007
Also, my check was cashed was a Commerce Bank in Cherry Hill New Jersey so someone from the district attorneys office should be able to make that bank give up the information of the account owner. They of course, were quite rude to me.

Someone should pay for all of this.

I know I spoke to 2 separate females and 1 male regarding my television at mytaxfree.com. They should all go to jail!
Al
Hello,

After reading all the posted from this website I just noticed that I'm also a victim of mytaxfree.com. I bought a TV from their website on February 17 for the amount of 1535. They suppose to send me a TV last week but still did not receive it from today. I went to their website and it disappear out of the blue. I spent 5 hour on phone but unable to get in touch with anybody from the mytaxfree store.

I'm very frustrated and I think we are all the same. But instead of feeling angry and being ripoff from the company I think we should team up together to fight against this company bring the owner to the justice. I see a lot of suggestions from other people such as contact the BBB, ICC, and report to the reporter. I did all of that to help build up this case and catch their attention. I hope other poeple will do the same thing.

Other thing I can think off is to find a way to gather all the buyer who is a victim of this store. by gather all the people together we can build up a strong case. There are several ways to do it.

1. Report this on yahoo, msn, google and ask their help to put this news on their front page. If everybody write to yahoo or msn they will willing to help us.

2. Contact the Webhosting of the company and ask them if we can post a message on their website. Either to warn people about company and also able to gather people to support this case.

3. Contact the our local bank report the problem. maybe with enough people they will have a people with enough power to freeze their account and able to reverse our transaction.

4. Setup a forum to get all people together and finding a way to fight against them

Option 1 and 2 will help other people to be aware of the danger buying stuff online. Will make the law enforcer tider with online stores.

I know there are a lot we can do to get our hard earn money back. I hope we are all team up together to win this case and brought those people to justice.

Thanks
Alan
Ry
  27th of Mar, 2007
I ordered a plasma tv from the mytaxfree.com website on feb 11, 2007 and paid for the 14-21 business day shipping. I was told the expected shipping date was march 14-21. I got an email around march 9 saying that orders were backordered for 2 more weeks. I called them an they assured me that i would receive my tv shortly and too compensate me the gave me a 3 year extended warranty. The warranty was shipped by fedex like two days after the phone conversation. Well here it is march 27, 2007 and no tv and no refund, but i have a piece of paper that is a warranty, a lot of good that does. There website is now unavailable and i've emailed them about five times with no response any of the times. I've waited on the phone on hold for several hours on different occasions, and no one will answer. Can anyone help with this massive problem? They have $1250 of my dollars that i paid for by check. Thanks for you time and any advice will be appreciated!!!
Ro
  28th of Mar, 2007
We ordered a tv and our account charged immediately, after being told it wouldn't be charged until the merchandise was shipped. We never received the correct tv. We received a partial credit but we are still owed $1,000.00. It was promised to us on March 8th. To date still not have received our credit and can't get in touch with anyone at the company.
Ga
  28th of Mar, 2007
They've actually closed, gone out of business? I canceled an order for a 50" Pioneer on 3/6 but they and Pilot Shipping, on 3/14, said it was on it's way to me. I told Pilot to cancel and it never arrived. Visa is investigating my dispute claim--still pending as of today. It looks like they could get away with a bundle. Also, Delaware Consumer Protection actually called me and said they were in the process of doing something, they just hadn't decided just what--that was on 3/13. Hope they get these lunatics.

GLH, San Diego, CA
  28th of Mar, 2007
For anyone who has gotten scammed by mytaxfree.com please report it to: www.ic3.gov right away. The company has taken my money just like all of you and i have never received my tv's either. I reported it to my local law enforcement agency and they suggested highly to also report this to www.ic3.gov enough complaints will get the f.b.i involved. For any questions please contact me and maybe i can help you with the info i have gattered. Tremblaybuilders@aol.com thank you