Mysurplusdepot.net / very poor communication

1 US Review updated:

I think this website is a complete SCAM. Advertised as local on Craigslist then followed with an email to the website. Sent many emails and made phone calls with very late and sporadic replies. BUYER BEWARE !!!

Comments

• Ca
      Aug 18, 2009

I agree with the SCAM comment. They advertize Better Business Bureau Accrediting but when click the BBB logo you are sent to an internal statement. The BBB in New York has no record of this URL.

Also, it appears the URL was created in June 2009 but the company states they have been in business since 1995.

Also the 631 Area code phone number given in New York is unlisted. Not a normal business practice if one wants sales!!!

No one should order from this company until more information is available.

Aug 18, 2009

Too late for me. Though there were suspicious signs I was blinded by the prices. My merchandise is supposed to ship by Friday this week so I'll see soon if I've lost my money.

Mysurplusdepot.net - Scam
    My Surplus Depot Network
    Utah

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS! They send mass ads on craigslist and claim to be local. They are actually in Beijing and have created a scam. They change names monthly, claim to be BBB accredited (not), and have ridiculously low prices on their website. All with free shipping, no less. The key is they only accept GreenDot which means not traceable money is sent. SCAM!

• Oh
      Aug 18, 2009

I fear it is a scam too, but I did send them some personal information like an idiot. I now fear credit fraud even though they don't have anything but the last 4 of my cc, name, and address. Let me know what happens carbocko.

Aug 20, 2009

I sent them an email saying I heard they were a scam and would I ever get any merchandise. The reply that came 10 hours later said my order would ship on Monday the 24th. Clearly I should never have ordered from them in the first place but now I am left wondering if I'm actually going to get something. I wish I knew so I could move on.

Aug 20, 2009

Too late for me too.
    I have just received the tracking number, I will let you know tomorrow if it's a scam.

Aug 21, 2009

all is ok, I will buy from them for sure.
    I received the tv 2 weeks after payment. will buy from them again for sure

• Je
      Aug 22, 2009

Are you sure that you received the tv onyx79? has anyone else had a good experience? I need to hear more before I buy.

Aug 24, 2009

I will send you a picture with my new tv :) I had to wait 2 weeks to receive it but I paid only $899 for a 52-Inch Samsung LCD.

Aug 24, 2009

Onyx79, I hope you are right. Anyone else recieve merchandise? I am waitinfg on a wood swingset for my 2 and 5 year old. They and I will be devasted is it's a fraud. I will let you know. Has anyone reported them to the authorities yet?

Aug 24, 2009

worked for me too, I received on Friday my Adventure Playsets.

their website says they are BBB accredited, BBB says they ARE NOT

the phone number the BBB has for them lead me to a oriental man in NY that had no idea what I was talking about

Onyx79 comments seem alittle shady

would like to see some follow up from those above who have already ordered

Aug 25, 2009

I was told my order would ship on Monday the 24th. When I didn't receive a tracking number, I sent an email and haven't received a response yet. I too ordered a swingset and the kids will be crushed if it doesn't arrive. I agree Onyx79 comments must be related to the scam for many reasons - they just don't add up.

Aug 25, 2009

There website is still up and running. I hate to think of all the people getting scammed by this. I have had no responses from them to my inquiries via their site, email, or phone. Anyone reported them yet, or are we all still hoping for a miracle?

Aug 25, 2009

Also, I agree that Onyx79 seems a little suspect. First he confirmed the TV, then the swingset? That was awfully convenient. They had posted some of their items on Craigslist- the seingsets as well as the tvs. These posts have since been flagged and removed. Looking bad for us carbocko.

Aug 25, 2009

Their website is still up and running and looks legit, but they are not BBB accredited as they claim- they have no rating at all as of yet from the BBB. They got me. I'm out 650 and my kids are crestfallen that they will not be getting their swingset. Do not buy from these guys.

Aug 26, 2009

Sooo...Tuesday I gave up and ordered another swingset from a legitimate company for full price. Today I receive an email from mysurplusdepot.net:

Your order has been shipped. In the next 48 hours we will receive your shipping information from our carrier and I will update your order. Estimated delivery time : 5 business days. Someone from our staff will call you for delivery, please make sure you have registered a valid phone number into your MySurplusDepot account.

Please accept our apologizes for the delay.

I am confused. The fact that you don't get a tracking number until just before your product arrives lends "some" credibiity to one of my problems with onyx79 posting.

Has anyone gotten as far as a shipping notice?

Aug 26, 2009

Carbucko, I received the exact same email today sans tracking number. Identical message. I have not yet ordered another swingset, but since you paid full price at a legit place, they should take it back and refund your money if by some miracle our merchandise does arrive from mysurplusdepot.. I am not holding my breath, though. Let me know how it turns out for you and I will do the same.

• Cr
      Aug 26, 2009

I filed an FBI complaint on them today (before I saw this conversation) when I figured out they were a scam. Anyone actually scammed by them should do so as well!

Aug 27, 2009

thanks you very much for posting these comments. I almost ordered the swingset!

• Lo
      Aug 28, 2009

Their deals on treadmills seem to be fantastic. I'm going to follow this thread for several more weeks to determine if this is a fraud or not. Thanks to everyone for posting.

• Gi
      Aug 28, 2009

I would like to purchase an item from them and I agree the website seems odd but none of you have yet to really factually find if it is a scam or not. If you do, please post as I would like to consider purchasing an item.

Aug 29, 2009

Anyone considering buying from them, I can't urge you strongly enoguh to wait and see. I still have no swingset, no tracking number, and am out 650 dollars. They claim to be accredited by the better business bureau, but the link they provide to it is false. When you go to the real BBB site, they have no rating on them. It is very likely a scam. I guess I never learned my granny's lesson that if it looks to good to be true, it probably is.

• Kg
    Mysurplusdepot.net - Woule like more information

Regarding crisw's comment: You said you figured out this company was a scam and filed a complaint to the FBI. On what basis did you determine they were a scam? Did you order from them? If so, can you share your experience? Thank you.
    To julesinct: Can you explain in more detail what your experience has been? How long has it been since you ordered, etc?
    I agree that this website seems too good to be true and that onyx's comments were a little suspect. However, I would just like to hear from somebody that has never received the merchandise after a unacceptable amount of time. They do state pretty clearly that the shipping time takes up to 14 business days.
    If anybody has any more details, it would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 29, 2009

only one person said he got his item but in two weeks

Aug 29, 2009

only one person from an other web site said they got his tv item from there in two weeks ?

OH NO!!!
    Just bought a bowflex treadclimber last Tuesday from this site, after I saw a posting on craigslist. I received an email saying my mercandise was scheduled for depature on the 26th. I have request a tracking number on three seperate emails but have not recieved a response yet. I was fooled by the BBB sign and of course the price, wish I would have checked here first. Will keep you posted.

Aug 30, 2009

Kg, My order was placed on the 11th of August. They have never answered a phone when I called or responded to my request for a return phone call from them regarding my order. The last email I got was 4 days ago saying the item had shipped and they would send the tracking information with in 48 hours. I have not recieved tracking information. The person who claimed to have recieved his TV is the same who claimed to have received his swingset after I said I had not received mine, which seemed a little too convenient.

Aug 30, 2009
    Mysurplusdepot.net - likely fraud
    mysurplusdepot.net
    Connecticut

This site is extrememly likely a scam. Please see other complaints regarding the business on this site. I originally found them on Craigslist and was referred to the website from there. Craigslist has since flagged or removed all listings from them. I placed an order for a swinset on Aug. 11 and still nothing. Phone calls have not been returned and BBB accreditation claim is not true if you look directly at the BBB site instead of the link mysurplusdepot provides. Be very skeptical.

Aug 31, 2009

I think I have also been scammed by this website -- same as you all. Saw them on Craigslist, had a few emails back and forth, but once they had my payment I haven't heard anything. I got the "your item shipped" email, but no phone call and no tracking number yet.

A little too late I looked them up on BBB and called that number, spoke to the same confused man..

Will wait a few more days and report them to the FBI for internet fraud.

• Jr
      Sep 01, 2009

I also ordered a swing set from mysurplusdepot.net. I never received it. The company will not return my phone calls or e-mails. Never buy from this company, the whole thing is a SCAM!!!

Sep 01, 2009

I found them on Craigslist, received an e-mail from them with their website info. Looked at their swingsets & ordered & paid $599 for it through the Greendot money pack. I finally got communication from them on the 22nd of August that my shipment would be shipped out on the 26th of August & I would receive it 5 biz days, that would be tomorrow the 2nd of Sept. They also said that I would receive my shipment info within 48 hrs & I have yet to receive any info. I will let everyone know tomorrow if I get my swingset. I have also reported this to the BBB & they are investigating.

Sep 01, 2009

My swingset supposedly shipped on 8/27 so I am within the 2 weeks. 9/10 would be the 2 weeks for me. It sounds like those of who already ordered are on about the same timeframe so we are all breathlessly waiting together to find out if it is truly a scam. I personally have given up. I ordered the sunray swingset from costco on 8/26 and received it 8/31 by freight truck from the sunray headquarters in MN to MA. This "company's" warehouse should be in the US (wouldn't make sense to ship playgrounds from US outside then back again for no shipping fees). So I can't see how it would take 2 weeks to ship anything from anywhere in the US right now.

Sep 01, 2009

I called Green dot & they gave me the account holders name & credit card number that my money pak was posted too. Their name is Minnie Herrick. They spelt out the last name but not the first. This is just more info I will have for the FBI/POLICE/BBB should my swingset not arrive. They gave me this info by mistake by the way!
    I will keep everyone updated. Also the number under the company profile on BBB is not registered under James Willis or this Herrick person. I checked that out too.
    I will keep everyone updated.

I can tell everyone though if for some miracle I do get my swingset I will not feel the least bit sorry for any of this!!! They should learn how to communicate if that's the case.

• Ta
      Sep 02, 2009

I too have ordered a tv on the 26th.Dumb of me i guess..I cant get a response at all about delievery..I will keep post any updates i get thanks for all your info..We should have know better..I just hope by some mircale we get our stuff..

• Ge
      Sep 02, 2009

yeah they are stealing are hard earned money

Sep 04, 2009

well the game is over they lost there site and i lost my money

Sep 04, 2009

Yes, website has vanished. I guess now we know.

Sep 05, 2009

I guess a small part of me still had hope that this wasn't going to happen. At least now I have learned a lesson (my most expensive one ever) and hope never to be caught up like this again!!! I feel so bad for all of us...so much money lost...

Sep 09, 2009

I just got scammed out of $800. Website no longer available, no Bowflex for the family. Looks and feels legit, but they quickly disappear.