MySurplusDepot/ My Surplus Depot / scam

This is a scam! Beware: they want you to pay by Green Dot Money Pak which is untraceable.

This is the e-mail he sent me after I saw an ad on Craig's List and respinded to him about a TV he wanted to sell for $120 cheaper than it was anywhere else (brand new, never opened):

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MySurplusDepot.

Visit http://www.mysurplusdepot.net/category.php?id_category=20 for the inquired product. All Tv's in this category are BRAND NEW.

Please take your time and browse through more then 300 discounted products. All orders above $599 receive a voucher for our GOLD SERVICE DELIVERY (email us for voucher code).

Please read our F.A.Q and Shipping & Returns conditions (You will find all the details regarding shipping & delivery, pick up, returns) before placing any orders.

Thank you for shopping with MySurplusDepot.

We offer FREE freight shipping, pick up available from our storage locations (We have two storage locations one in New York and one in Los Angeles). Price is FIRM.

James Willis
MySurplusDepot.Net
sales@mysurplusdepot.net

[protected]
[protected]

Notice for CraigsList customers: MySurplusDepot staff DO NOT post any local classifieds ads. If you found any of our products listed that's through our affiliated programs.
However, MySurplusDepot will gladly sell to all interested customer. Thank you for your understanding.

LIAR LIAR. Luckily I didn't send him any money, but now the guy has my address and name, which is more than I want him to have.

Comments

• Pl
      23rd of Aug, 2009

mysurplusdepot.net is the web address

• Sp
      26th of Aug, 2009

How do you know it is a scam?

• Sp
      26th of Aug, 2009

Just wondering, other than the payment method, how you know this is a scam? Did you pay and then receive nothing?

• Se
      31st of Aug, 2009

I have been scam by whoever this is as well. I ran across them of craigslist while looking for a bowflex, needless to say I was focus on the pricing and the BBB accreditation . I paid for the product using MoneyPak on the 18th...two days later I received a email saying that it would ship on the 26th. I have left them several messages asking for tracking info or to simply contact me but no one has responded in over a week. I know they say 7-14 days for delivery but the fact that they are not responding make think its a scam.

• Ru
      18th of Sep, 2009

Site has been closed down. Has resurfaced as Liquidationdepot.net. Still looks like a scam.

• Mn
      28th of Sep, 2009

senselessshopper. So was this a scam or did you ever recieve your product?

• Fr
      5th of Oct, 2009

Thanks for the post. I was looking at buying a treadmill off of craigslist and came across liquidationdepot.net. They had a great deal on a really good treadmill but the only way to pay was thru moneypak. To me this seemed like handing someone over 800 in cash so I never did it. Now I'm glad after reading these posts. I still see they have these posts on craiglist. I thought something was up when I called and wrote multiple times and never got a response back. I told them I wanted to use a credit card but they never wrote back.

• Ra
      29th of Nov, 2009

November 2009 I got scamed out of $550.00 for a wooden playhouse swing set. The same way but the web site is now: www. DiscountedMart.com

• Bo
      28th of Jan, 2010

my depot online is the new scam. here is my email i received

Thank you for contacting MyOnlineDepot Network. Please accept our apologies for the delay in answering your email. The product you requested more information is available for purchase on our online store. Visit http://myonlinedepot.net/category.php?id_category=8 for the inquired product & much more. All orders above $500 receive a voucher for our White Gloves Delivery (Voucher code: WGDepot). This lowered price is a limited time offer & limited stock, offer available until 1st FEB 2010. Please read our Frequently asked questions (You will find all the details regarding shipping & delivery, pick up, returns etc.) before placing any orders. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact us through e-mail, phone, live support or contact us form (phone call requests available) . Thank you Darren AndrewsMyOnlineDepot Network888-200-3370

9th of Feb, 2010

I was also scammed by Myonlinedepot.net. So now what do we do? Other than filing complaints with consumer fraud agencies, I can't find any way to go after these guys. Does anyone know of a way to track them or take legal action against them?
    Thanks.

• Wi
      10th of Mar, 2010

Now it is usasurplusdepot.net

SCAM SCAM SCAM

Got this email about 3 or 4 days after sending a request via craigslist.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting UsaSurplusDepot.

The product you requested more information is available for purchase on
    our online store.

Visit https://www.usasurplusdepot.com/category.php?id_category=9 for the
    inquired product & much more. This lowered price is a limited time offer
    & limited stock.

Free White Gloves Premium Delivery (Voucher code: MarchWGD) is avilable
    for all orders above $500, regular price is $275.

Please read our F.A.Q & How to pay for your order instructions (You will
    find all the necessary details regarding shipping & delivery, pick up,
    returns etc.) before placing any orders.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Melissa Young
    UsaSurplusDepot owner & sales manager

Payment & Shipping (888) 400- 9061 ext 1 - John Warren
    Customer Support (888) 400- 9061 ext 2 - Melissa Young

After reviewing this, I find that they ONLY accept Green Dot Money Pak because of a supposed high risk of PayPal chargeback.

If you go to the MoneyPak website, they basically advise you that this is a scam. This following excerpt is taken directly from the FAQ section of the MoneyPak website:

What's the best way for me to protect the money on my MoneyPak?
    Your MoneyPak Number works just like cash. Here are some helpful tips to better protect you from fraud:

• MoneyPak should ONLY be used to reload your prepaid cards or accounts you control.
    • Beware of deals or opportunities that seem too good to be true.
    • Beware of any offers that do not accept credit card payments and asks for you to purchase a MoneyPak and provide the MoneyPak Number in an email or over the phone.
    • When using MoneyPak with PayPal for eBay or other online merchants, transfer the money to your PayPal account first before paying the merchant. DO NOT email the MoneyPak Number directly to the merchant.
    • Never use a MoneyPak to pay for taxes or fees on foreign lottery winnings, grants, or any offer that requires you to pay first before getting something back.
    • Click here to see a list of common scams to watch out for.

Remember: Guard your MoneyPak Number like cash! Transactions cannot be reversed, so only give the number to a trusted recipient. Green Dot is not responsible for the quality or non-receipt of any goods or services.

• Te
      11th of Mar, 2010

Thanks for posting this warning. I also repsonded to a Craigslist posting for a treadmill and a few days later got the same exact response as the above poster. It sounded fishey so I did an internet search for USA Surplus Depot and nothing came up. That made me even more suspicious.

Thanks again. These warnings probably saved me $500!!!

• Ba
      11th of Mar, 2010

Same as above for USASurplusDepot.
    Internet search does not show them.
    I called contact number and got a recorded message.
    Unfortunately I had already registered to buy a Power Washer and made it to the Payment screen before I smelled a rat when they wanted payment using something called Money Pak which I had not heard of. Money Pak website indicated it was a bad idea to use to pay for product. No respnse to my recorded message to date. Beware!!!

• Mn
      17th of Mar, 2010

Here i am a trustful person, i found this website USASURPLUSDEPOT.COM on craig's list and thought what a great easter gift for my two young girls an amazing swingset. My girls are 11mts and 7years. i purchased the green dot pack and i paid for the swing set but now as i continue to not get any response from the company i feel as though i've been had. what was going to be a great easter for my girls is now going to suck. i'm working class so the 600$ i sent was a bit much but hey my children are worth it, and now there's nothing. Any ideas on how to get money back or how to press legal charges on the person/people responsible for not only taking me for my money (which i work very hard for) but also taking from my babies.

• Jl
      24th of Mar, 2010

I also have been had by this "company". I did the green dot money pak for $600 and have gotten no reponce from them when I call. I would like to get my money back, but not sure how to. If anyone can help, please do . Thank you

25th of Mar, 2010

They just sent an email to me. They are now known as Usurplustore.com
    Thanks for the warning, I knew it was too good to be true!

• Ho
      31st of Mar, 2010

These people have several web sites and switch around so as not to get caught. BUYER BEWARE! IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT USUALLY IS! If they will not accept Visa, Mastercard, PayPal or any other traceable form of payment DO NOT SEND THEM MONEY!!! Please report scams to the Internet Crime Complaint Center and to the FBI. I was almost scammed by the same people but when I could not contact them by phone I looked up their address and it belonged to another company who said USurpluStore.com was using their address with out their permission and they did not know or have any assoc. with USurpluStore.com. The scammers only accept GreenDot MoneyPak which is untraceable. I emphathize with anyone that has been scammed because I have been the victim before and it sure can make you feel so dumb and helpless! Check things out thoroughly BEFORE you send any personal info or payment.

Best of luck to those trying to get their money back! I'm doing all I can to research and report to the authorities anthing I can find out about this scam.
    Lori

• Ss
      6th of Apr, 2010

I responded to a craigslist ad in Modesto and got the following email. The website they reference, primeoutlet.us is a near duplicate of usasurplusdepot.com and clearly the same scam.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting PrimeOutlet.

Visit http://www.primeoutlet.us/category.php?id_category=9 for the inquired product & much more. This lowered price is a limited time offer & limited stock.

Free Platinum Home Delivery (Voucher code: Platinum) is available for all orders above $500, regular price is $199.

Please read our F.A.Q (You will find all the necessary details regarding shipping & delivery, pick up, returns etc.) before placing any orders.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact us. This is a complete set, wood included.

Diana HARDIN
    PrimeOutlet Sales Manager
    (888)-402-4445

• Tr
      8th of Apr, 2010

I was afraid to use the Green Dot payment so the usasurplus site said I could send them a copy of my drivers license, recent utility bill and credit card with last 4 digits covered up and then I could use google payments. I sent them this info. Now I'm worried. The ad was on Craigslist in Columbus, Ohio.

14th of Apr, 2010

Triz,

I would cancel that credit card a.s.a.p. Just in case. And subscribe to a credit reporting site that will update you on any changes to your credit report.

I have a feeling that they can use this information for identity theft purposes.

I just finished filing a complaint with The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). They are affiliated with the FBI, the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA). Here is the link if anyone else would like to file a complaint: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx.

They got me for 599.00 for a swing set. I waited until we got our tax refund money to get the swing set for my 3 year old son. He is an only child and doesn't really have anyone or anything to play with outside. He loves to go to the park and play on the swings and slides. I thought this would be perfect for him.

These people are stealing from our children and should be ashamed of themselves!