Mystic Moon Exotics and Persians / Theresa Hutton

Theresa Hutton is a former animal hoarder who was charged with animal cruelty in her former state of Washington. She was also convicted of child cruelty and served time in prison for this offense. She now lives in Colorado and is selling kittens from a Facebook page entitled Mystic Moon Exotics and Persians. Go to Leagle.com and view the case "State v. Hutton" for the horrific details. There are numerous other articles as well on the Washington Chronicle website (search "Theresa Hutton"). She also uses the name Theresa Oberloh. Buyer beware!

Mi
Feb 3, 2014

Comments

• Mi
      3rd of Feb, 2014

Correction: Theresa Hutton was convicted of second degree criminal mistreatment (involving her children) not "child cruelty"

19th of Feb, 2014

More information is available on "stoppuppymilling.blogspot.com". Go to archives column on right (May 2009). Click on caption "Theresa Hutton Puppy/Cat Mill"

14th of Mar, 2014

Ohhh Myyy Gawddd!!! Thank you so much for posting this information. I just read the court documents & the articles in the Chronicle paper. Thank you, for this slap in the face because I was actually looking into purchasing a kitten! I am disgusted & so glad I was not too lazy to read your post! WoW, just WoW, I'm so mad at myself for not being more observant. But, glad I did not purchase from her!
    Thank you for the heads up Mister Albert!

14th of Mar, 2014

Ohhh Myyy Gawddd!!! Thank you so much for posting this information. I just read the court documents & the articles in the Chronicle paper. Thank for that slap in the face because I was actually looking into purchasing a kitten! I am disgusted & so glad I was not too lazy to read your post! WoW, just WoW, I'm so mad at myself for not being more observant. But, glad I did not purchase from this evil person. Thank you for the heads up Mister Albert.

• Sm
      21st of Aug, 2014

Thank you for bringing this to attention. I read the entire case and am horrified this person has a child living with her now. Disgusting. I read about the extreme child abuse. Was planning on purchasing a kitten from her but will not do so after reading the case reports. May Ms. Hutton rot in hell.

15th of Oct, 2014

I have purchased a kitten from the mystic moon cattery before finding out about the trial and my comment is only about her service and nothingness more . I purchased a male red point exotic at 3 months and in the midst of trying to purchase the kitten I'd like to say that she was very kind and attentive with me . I never really felt as if I was going to get gipped and I wasn't . she informed me every step of the way. She told me about the flight details and vet visits with papers and a certificate of health and as soon as the money went thru the kitten was already getting prepped for flight .

The kitten is a year old now and he is a kind healthily little boy and I am pretty happy about my experience considering how it could of turned out ..I am shocked that she did these things but as a costumer that had no knowledge of her crimes untill months after the purchased I had no complaints in how she did business with me . She was attentive and my kitten was healthy and that's what's important when it came to the business of the cattery.

16th of Oct, 2014

It's everyone's own choice to support an animal abuser if they would like.
    I, personally, will not send my money to anyone who does cat milling or puppy milking! No matter how healthy the outcome of my own my personal cat.
    I have no problem with legit & caring breeders. After seeing this post & realizing what I could end up supporting when it came to any Cattery, I ended up going with a lady in closer range to me. So, I was able to see her place, check out her vet references & make sure my fur babies were well taken care of.

17th of Oct, 2014

This is a reply to "one time account". So... your experience was positive and your kitten is healthy... Is that a reason to disregard her prior history of neglecting animals and children? Why would anyone want to line the pockets of someone like this? I understand that you were unaware of the history prior to your purchase but why post something in support of someone such as this? Bizarre. Best of luck with your kitten though.

17th of Oct, 2014

Google "Demon's Den Theresa Hutton". The author sums it up.

18th of Oct, 2014

I never knew about her crimes before the transaction and it only shows how easily wolves can be in Sheep's clothing so sure you can ostracize me but it would be the wrong person to attack . Her crimes are deplorable and had I known ahead of time I would have not had any buisness but I also know than I am happy with my cat and happy that he is in a home that will not bring him harm and he is safe .. Than in her hands .

Please read up on your breeders and sellers . I am thankful to have been fortunate to have not have had my money taken in return of a feeble cat due to a hoarders condition but you never knew who you money is supposting . Do you research cause anyone can put on a smiling bit while their past or evilness lurks close behind ...

18th of Oct, 2014

I was not attacking you "one time account". I was just perplexed particularly by the statement "that is what is important" as though the acquisition of a healthy kitten negates the history of the breeder. You seem like a caring person.

20th of Oct, 2014

Thank you, you do as well sometimes typing such long statements the end result becomes messed up . My own fault for not double checking but I'm just happy that forums such as these are available with proof and details of offenses are available to the public so we are informed about the people we may mistakingly do business with

• La
      13th of Dec, 2018

I purchased a cat from this breeder unfortunately . When I picked this cat up he had watery eyes which I didn't think to much of. I took him immediately to the vet. He was diagnosed with Feline Herpes and cryptorchidism(testicles not dropping). Both of these conditions from bad breeding practices. After paying so much for my cat to now incur these charges for 2 surgeries is so heartbreaking and difficult. DO NOT purchase a cat from this breeder.