MysteryShopOnline.com / Online fraud

I received a letter that was postmarked from Canada and inside was a letter offering me a part-time position as a 'MYSTERY SHOPPER' or Customer Service Evaluator and a check for $3, 998.00. For my training assignment I was to spend $40 at WalMart and evaluate my experience there.

After that, to be trained in a financial transaction, I was to send $3, 430.00 through a MoneyGram, to the Human resource manager Thomas Banks in TULSA OK USA. The $128.00 fee for the MoneyGram was part of the check funds. The check was drawn on Tactical Gear Inc's bankcheck from First Cmty Bank of East Texas, NA. I was supposed to call a 514 number before cashing the check to verify that I had received it and would participate and then to fax an acceptance form. I would have one week to finish my assignment upon acceptance. This immediately sent up a red flag for me, since it wouldn't be enough time for the check to clear both banks.

Upon further investigation, I could not find a Tactical Research Center listed in Tulsa and the phone number is a Canadian number. The NCL lists any job offer where you are to send the majority of the money back to the employer via wire as a scam. On the rise! I have trashed my 'offer' and shredded the check.

Ka

Comments

• Ne
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I received the same letter and check with the same instructions except my contact was Paula Cook in Vincent, CA. Also the address on the check was 5400 Dallas Parkway, Frisco Texas 75034. I google mapped the address and found it to be a intersection in the middle of nowhere in Texas. These people need to be caught before it causes someone a lot of financial difficulty! It's disgusting how people can be so cruel!
    I tore up the letter and shredded the check as well!

Faye

16th of May, 2009

Dear All.

Please note that I also received the same letter and check with the same instructions except the contact was to Carla Shafer, HR Manager in Thompson, MB Canada and to Cliff Frost, Director of Operations in Head office in Camrose, AB Canada.. My check was for the amount of $4260. The payee was Satterfield Y Pontikes Construction, Inc., 1100 Equity Drive, Suite 100, Houston, TX 77401. The bank was Amegy Bank of Texas.

I was weary of this so I also googled the payee and found nothing, but then was affirmed by my suspicions when I googled MysteryShopOnline.com.. Beware everyone out there.. This is truly a scam..

Concerned

• Sh
      14th of Apr, 2010

Did this company have you sign up with a company called Corporate International Services?

• Sh
      14th of Apr, 2010

Do they take like two days to verify your social?