myrepairtech.com / vanished

I purchased a 3 year extended warranty for my television. The television quit working 1year and 2months after I purchsed and now I am unable to use the extended warranty I paid 179.00 for.

More myrepairtech.com Complaints & Reviews

Plus myrepairtech.com - OUT OF BUSINESS [8]

N  6th of Apr, 2009 by
i bought 3 year extended warrenty on tv that needs fixed
A  4th of May, 2009 by
I have the same problem, I wish there was a way to get everyone together that was affected by this and file a claim against them. The company which I purchased it from has also disappeared, B and Y Distributors
N  13th of May, 2009 by
Same problem. Bought canon camera from Barclays Photo (first wrong step) with 5 year international warranty from myrepairtech.com (second bad step). When I registered the warranty I had the feeling something is bad, and yes, when I would need a repair, they are nowhere.
A  13th of May, 2009 by
What to do if you fell into the RepairTech scam:

1. File a formal complaint online at www.njconsumeraffairs.gov or call 973-504-6200 and deal with the automated service.

2. Send in all documents that may support your complaint, i.e. copy of warranty card, contract, sales invoice.

I called 973-504-6534, waited half my day for a rep, then spoke to a very polite representative who told me that there is a 6-8 week wait period for processing and a person will be assigned to my case. He also informed me that RepairTech has been under investigation by the them for 3 months.

Good Luck!!! I will post my progress.
A  9th of Jun, 2009 by
I bought a digital SLR camera two years ago on ebay. As you know, sometimes Ebay is not reliable on digital stuff. Also, I am suggested from the company to extend my warranty with repairtech. I thought it is Squaretrade, I didnt pay attention at that moment later I realized It is a different company. It wasnt a big deal then but now I need this warranty and this REPAIRTECH vanished!
N  11th of Jun, 2009 by
Wow, this just happened to us. We decided to watch a movie tonight, the same way we did last night, and all of a sudden, Puff! The TV stopped working. We've had it for 2 years, purchased a warranty for 3 years from RepairTech, and were now trying to contact them. Their numbers are disconnected and their web site doesn't work. We came across your post, which explains a lot. What should we do now???
A  16th of Jun, 2009 by
i bought extended warranty from abes of main for mine garmin gps navigation. i paid only 35$, but know my gps stopped working tried to call them and appairs that they vanished from business. i think thats a scam. so i'm gone do, what that guy offered to do. file a complaint
N  17th of Jun, 2009 by
I too bought the Canon G9 in Dec 2008 from Camera Addict, LLC in Brooklyn, NY. They offered me a 5 year "Extended Service Contract" warranty. The camera came as a kit for $635.99, way more than the going rate at the time of $499.00 b/c of the "warranty." Now my camera needs repairs and the phone numbers are disconnected. The company is gone and so is my warranty.
N  17th of Jun, 2009 by
Actually, I just found out from Camera Addict in NY, that MY REPAIR TECH INC in NJ went BANKRUPT earlier this year and is no longer in business. What you need to do is call the vendor that sold you your product with the warranty and they will take care of you. Thank goodness!
N  24th of Jul, 2009 by
I too bought an extended warranty for my Sony Gran Wega 42 inch TV. The company I bought my tv from, DealSouth.com aka D&M Inc also went out of business so I am doubly screwed. I was on the phone with Sony just now for an hour. I was finally told I had to have a repair estimate before Sony would do any more. I asked them what Sony would do and Margaret in Customer Relations said Sony is not going to do anything until I call back with the repair estimate. There are several people this tv problem has affected. You can check out GetSatisfaction dot com if your tv has been affected by this issue (blue haze on screen). Good luck.
N  28th of Jul, 2009 by
I bought a Cannon Digital SLR Camera off Ebay. I know Ebay isnt always the most reliable source but the company, PYXIS Camera, out of Brooklyn, NY had great reviews. I was contacted by the PYXIS company on the phone after I purchased the camera on Ebay and sold the 3 year Extended Warrenty to me at $199.00, a reasonable price considering the camera and all the lenses wer about $1, 000.00. Well a few weeks ago one of the auto focus lenses stopped working and like the rest of the complaints on the web site I have not been able to contact REPAIRTECH. Does anyone know anything we can do to go after this company?
N  11th of Aug, 2009 by
I bought a Cannon Digital SLR Camera off Ebay. I bought the camera from PYXIS Camera, out of Brooklyn, NY they had great reviews. I was contacted by the PYXIS company on the phone after I purchased the camera on Ebay and they sold me the 5 year Extended Warranty for $499.00, a reasonable price considering the camera and all the lenses was about $1, 000.00. I was told that I would need to have the camera cleaned once a year. I tried to contact myrepairtech.com but ended up here. I called PYXIS this a.m. and reached a recording saying the store was closed and asked callers to send an email(wasn't able to write down email address.) Was considering calling my credit card company to see if they can do anything. Will post again if I have any luck.
N  11th of Sep, 2009 by
bought 3 year extended warranty for $350 on sony 46" lcd tv and the company can not be reached.
N  1st of Nov, 2009 by
On September 7, 2007 I purchased a Sharp LC-52D92U 52" AQUOS LCD Flat Panel HDTV from PlasmaBay.com. I also purchased a Repairtech 5 year extended onsite Platinum warranty plan for $369.99. My TV now needs service and Repairtech Inc. has vanished. I see others here with the same problem, has anyone made any progress towards resolution?
A  4th of May, 2010 by
I bought two Cameras and I been looking for this people (Repairtech) or (*repotech) for two years, My name is Jesus Fernandez and My phone # is (239)878-3106 please call me if you know some way how to get those thief that stole your money and my money. They are not acting like they when down on business. They are acting like nasty thief. Please call me I will do anything to get them. And we need to push the Consumer Affair to do some Work for the people. Call me (239) 878-3106
A  6th of Jun, 2010 by
Bought my Sony digital camera from "The Camera Whiz" out of Brooklyn, NY in 2006 and they sold me an extended 5 year warranty with it from REPAIRTECH (myrepairtech.com), and as you see by the other comments they are no longer in business and my camera needs work. I'm going to try and call the company I bought the camera from, but I think they may be inter-connected and won't be there either, as most of the other comments said they bought products that came out of Brooklyn, NY also.
A  10th of Jan, 2011 by
It just vanished when I need them. Purchsed the service for 3 years costing me $99. It sucks.
A  4th of Jan, 2012 by
We bought a Samsung 52 inch LCD tv in june 2008 and a 5 yr in home warranty from repair tech .Of course never had a problem until now with tv and find out that this company has vanished. Can't trust anybody or companies anymore.There goes our money. Unhappy with warranty companies.