MyPowerHost / MyPowerHost Scams Users, Vanishes From The Net Without Notice

1 PO Box 1284Cicero, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3152885252

MyPowerHost.com, which is also associated with Xpaw.com and Xpawmedia (ebay) has become yet another fly-by-night host to pull the disappearing act and leave customers hanging. Their main website, mypowerhost.com, disappeared from the web around September 5th. Most of their servers have been shut down without notice to customers, resulting in lost websites and unrecoverable information.

A few weeks ago, MyPowerhost stopped replying to support emails completely, and the supposed owner, someone by the name of Chuck F. (chuckf.com) is also nowhere to be found and is not responding to emails or phone calls to his apparently bogus number. Here is a link to a host review page where customers are complaining about Mypowerhost:

If you have a site hosted with MyPowerHost or Xpawmedia, and you're fortunate enough to still have your site online, backup IMMEDIATELY and move your site to another server before you lose everything. They operate on ebay as xpawmedia, do not buy from them!

Comments

• Do
      12th of Sep, 2009

Found this info for anyone being hosted by MyPowerHost.com, hope it might help. This info was found from their domain registration at cira.ca

Administrative contact
    Fax:
    Email: xpdomains@gmail.com

• Re
      13th of Sep, 2009

Afterspeaking with the host of MyPowerHost.com, it turns out that a spamming customer on mypowehost`s main server was running some Phishing threat and MyPowerHost was acting very quikly, unfortunately the people that host Mypowerhost.com jumped a little to much and closed their server. Mypowerhost`s top two plan servers are still up and active, I am a member of one of those servers, and everything is great. It`s jut their main server that was banned.

• Pi
      16th of Sep, 2009

I was still up and running probably on the same server you mentioned, I think it was called "jack" but It just went off line as well a couple of days ago or so.

I am sure they are lying about the spammer because I have had my own servers and when an ip is banned for that reason, you can get it back up and running shortly thereafter or just change the servers ip. There was no reason for them to screw everyone.

• Te
      16th of Sep, 2009

yes mypowerhost and xpaw have closed their sites down leaving clients high and dry and are trading under www.webhostmaker.com.

if their are any mypowerhost clients that have been left high and try because of this, we will gladly take you on our servers and offer you a 20% discount for the first 3 months.

just email us at support@easyasabc-hosting.com providing your hosting welcome letter to prove you are a my powerhost client along with your last host invoice and we will sort out an equiv. plan for you at the same rate you were paying them

17th of Sep, 2009

The people who jumed too quickly an shut down mypowerhost are HiVelocity, AVOID HiVelocity !!! they shut down accounts without notice.

17th of Sep, 2009

Here is what I think: The main person at fault here is HiVelocity becaue they shut down mypowerhost and mypowerservers without any notice and they left all of us the clients without any backups why? because mypowerhost promissed us that a backup is included in our plan! and they did have backups with HiVelocity but Hi Velocity screwed them and everyone over.

Guys, I want to write a story on Hi Velocity and what im looking for is a BOT Script that will take this story and auto posts it on hundreds or thousands of blogs, I have 5 computers here idle and im wanting to use them and set them up to do this for this whole month, can someone please help me and tell me where I can find this BOT ??? I spoke to Tommy "tech support" at Hi Velocity and he is so [censored] RUDE! and steve "general manager" I spoke to him and told him that we shouldn't have to suffer and it would be nice of him to get us our backups and he refused.
    So what I want to do is write up a story review on Hi Velocity and have it posted on thousands of blogs.

Someone please email me and help me find this script, my email is samjohnson777 [at] gmail.com

Thank you!!!

19th of Sep, 2009

I am on chat for the 8th time with hivelocity. What is the better business b. reporting method against hosts? I have offered to pay for a reseller acount with hiveocity to get my sites back...again..wait and see..I have a feeling they all went in the dumpster. How do we know hivelocity isnt some reseller as well?

• Ab
      23rd of Sep, 2009

HiVelocity deserves a DDOS attack I think :D
    anyone got any ideas? ;-)

• Ti
      3rd of Oct, 2009

I was told by a reseller who looked into it for me, he also hosts at Hivelocity. Hivelocity said mypowerhost failed to pay, owes allot of money and theoretically owns the sites we all had. They will not release to us, because we are considered a third party in this, even though we own the domains etc...what a joke. Our sites were all thrown in the dumpster, mypowerhost will never have to pay hivelocity and our products and creations which we technically owned were dumped...okay...time to get bbb on this one...

• Fi
      8th of May, 2010

For any customer that have lost there site, Hosting please contact me and i will gladly take on your contract plus 6 Months Discount, Contact me @ admin@firstnetserv.co.uk