myplaceforhosting.com / financial fraud

1 3942 columbis valley rd.cultusllake, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 604-846-5550

I was led to this company by Survey Pro. They did not identify themselves by name, just location-'North Carolina' USA. The promises were too good to be true. When I was asked for my Bank Account # " to deposit future earnings" I opted to opened a Pay Pal account. Than I was instructed to enter an address, '"myplaceforhosting.com and send $99.00 via PayPal. I advised that my account is empty. I was asked to connect it to my Bank Account. I advised that my check account has to be filled manually. I was told that an e-mail has been sent to my e-mail already with my new Web page.
I said "too bad that is the way my account has been set up and I will have to wait until tomorrow" There was no e-mail from any kind of company with any kind of Web Page or anything at all. It pays to be cagey. If it is too good to be true it probably is. As I see now, no one has a name for this company only a phone number for the marketer, Helen Sitgraves, [protected], ext. 2374 It seems to be a large, well set up company. To produce a Web Page for $150.00 is the other signal to take into account. Christina Blackburn

Comments

• Dl
      31st of Dec, 2010

I wished I would have read your comments before!!! THIS IS A SCAM for sure.. It cost me $193.00US
    to teach myself a good lesson. If it sounds to good to be true...than it is..

• Dl
      31st of Dec, 2010

myplaceforhosting.com
    myadminspace.com
    this is a scam...financial fraud

• De
      14th of Jan, 2011

Hi, I live in victoria australia, I keep getting emails from these people, as I filled out an on line form, I have had at least 6 phone calls, today I took the time to listen to what they had to offer, I said that I was not ready to make a commitment today, I said this 7 times, when the girl for the 8th time said which program can we start you on today, I said that I live in a flood prone area, the water is up to my doorstep, and that I had other issues to deal with today, she asked me to hold on, and then put a guy on the phone, he started with the same spiel, and I said I had a bigger issue to deal with and would be prepared to look at the situation again in about 3 weeks time, and would call them back, he started again, I asked him how many times and ways does he need to hear not now for it to be clear, he promptly hung up!
    Prior to this, it seems, I was caught out with another one, where at each step of the introduction, more money was requested, I was asked for $19 to get started, which I paid by paypal, then I was directed to another area of the site, where I was asked for more money, I immediately shut the site down, they now bombard me with emails, I have emailed back threatening them with consumer affairs, and asked that my $19 be returned, and what a surprise, have not got my money back. It is really sad, as they advertise on google, I would like to know what google is going to do about the fact that they continue to allow these people to advertise with them!!!

special thanks Deb

• De
      14th of Jan, 2011

Also, what is amazon, sony, real network, unbeatable sale, going to do about them, as they use those names to promote their program! I am surprised that sony does not try to shut them down.

4th of Feb, 2011

same here/...
    i have their contact if you want...
    Crystal
    0808 1017602 - 2249

she was very insisting thta i pay them since they dont want to "waste" any time, so they said...

19th of Mar, 2011

Caution: "My Place Hosting" is using other formats and but are the same people. They contacted me again, pretending they had nothing to do with the "Other" company. I insisted to be given a physical address and phone number when I was told: " We are in the US and when you find us, you can contact us again. Good By" The woman disconnected the conversation. They phone under "Unknown caller" and that is where we are stuck. What an ongoing scam. I hope no one falls for it. Tina B.

• Me
      19th of Mar, 2011

Definitely something dodgy with this site.
    They wanted me to pay there and then...spending most of the telephone call trying to get my credit card details. I said i wanted to check up on them and read there website and see if they had any good recommendations from anyone. They didn't want me to do that. I couldn't believe that companies such as Amazon and Sony would need a two bit web hosting company to sell there products. The guy who called me said he was in Arizona his tel no ties up with the info others have given here. As a salesman he tried every trick in the book to get me to pay up front...but i knew something was wrong, eventually he gave up and slammed the phone down. I then went to my computer and checked these people out. YEP i was right...scammers.

• Jg
      26th of Mar, 2011

Yes I think that they are scam too. Their website looks very professionally done, but it is not a guarantee at all anyway. They told me they are form Phoenix AZ, and they wanted me to pay on the spot, $140. After that, he went down to $99. I told him I needed some time to think about it but he didn't want to know about it. This is why I did not like it too much and terminated the call. I would be very suspicious about this company.

• Oh
      5th of Apr, 2011

I wished i have read this too before i gave in! Just wondering if i can just call them and tell them i want my money back? Is it even possible to delete your account with them? or even delete your url ???

• St
      18th of Apr, 2011

OHN = online hosting network = myplaceforhosting.com : all the same scam

If you were scammed /ripped off by the online hosting network scam then file a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General using this online form:

I also found this info on another site from someone who claims that they used to work for them:
    "they are located at 35th Avenue and Peoria. (Phoenix Arizona USA)
    I should also mention, this is the brainchild of Forrest Webb, and he changed their name from World Market Systems to Online Hosting Network in July of 2009. Other names this company has operated under are Traffic Designs and 24 Hour Cash Flow."

You can see from the official records that the President/Director is indeed FORREST L WEBB (and 2 others)

Director Information

TIM THOMAS
    35808 N 3RD ST
    PHOENIX, AZ 85086
    Last Updated: 08/10/2010

Source: http://starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=wsbroker1/names-detail.p?name-id=15149937&type=CORPORATION

You can see complaints here about their previous company called World Market Systems also run by Forrest Webb of Phoenix Arizona:

Online hosting network complaints can be filed with the FTC at:

and with the Arizona Attorney General at:

• Oh
      19th of Apr, 2011

i didn't have to make a complain to an attorney, what i did was go to my back office(this is a site where you make your site for ohn.) i emailed them and said that they are nothing but scam artists, and i talked my bank and pay pal. I also told them that they are being investigated. I had one phone call the next day and i flew right at them and hung up after wards. They never called me again and i got my money back through paypal. They never even excepted the payment right after i emailed them.

Ive learned my lesson. Never again i will ever fall for something like this.

• Jl
      19th of May, 2011

I also clicked on the How to Earn Money from Home for $19.95 Advertised on Facebook. Shawn Panvino phoned me with in 48hrs. To me it sounded very interesting so I accepted 1st set up on that day $688. then 1 week later $4990. for the elite package with 100, 00. extra search engines as I was thinking more people to look at my site. Good I accepted it. A week later Lorenszo phone offering My Adm Support eg: every thing I would need to maximise my new business $4440. As all of this sounded good to me making money by playing on the net. Then came Justin Omosanya from The Tax Club that is when things went ever so wrong cost $4785. to help me with the USA taxes offering me an accountant USA bank account registration fees on Business Name, As I had being thinking about how I would be paying the taxes I accepted again. After 6 weeks I had spent $14, 903. Then the next week phone call from Dave Hash Corporate Credit with my USA Bank Account info. I was told it was (in his words) 6988 which My Son & I thought $69.88 as Here in Australia we are talking in the thousands we say $6, 988. wasn't till I checked my bank account that is was showing $6, 988. that was 3 weeks ago and I have been trying to get a Refund ever since. I was advised refund would be given with in 48 hours but still nothing over 30 phones calls later still fighting. total cost $21, 891. not good for something that was surpose to be a fun past time.

• St
      20th of May, 2011

Online hosting network complaints can be filed with the FTC at:

and with the Arizona Attorney General at:

20th of May, 2011

You are the kind of people that keep the scam artist in business. You have more money you can handle and youre greed for more put you in the situation that you are in. If you want a legit business you go to a business Lawyer, pay him $2-3, 000.00 and he will put you on the right road. My suggestion, "don' t operate your on business, you'll find yourself in more trouble, later on"

• Ni
      25th of May, 2011

i have contacted by a person called david and tried to make pay the for basic package but i shut the phone down.
    this people are ver profionsnal.

• To
      21st of Jun, 2011

thanks guys. I am on a call right now and I know what my decision will be. Thanks a lot

• Pw
      29th of Jun, 2011
    myplaceforhosting.com - they just made me pay some money
    myplaceforhosting.com
    United Kingdom

this company just made me pay $149 for making money at home.i did not know they where fraud my friend just told me please i need to my money back

• Wb
      23rd of Jul, 2011

Thank you all so much, because I was nearly roped into this set up and I live in the UK. I made a general enquiry as I wanted to hear what they had to offer (I was genuinely interested). I told them that I didn't have the cash but would be willing to sign up with them in the next month or so when my finances changes. The girls I spoke to's attitude changed from friendly to downright aggressive, shouting at me as being a time waster. Alarm bells were soon ringing, and now I read these posts. Thanks again for the warning!

• Ka
      30th of Jul, 2011

Wow! Me too. Sounded so good, so easy. My was a guy called Hank from America. He used a New Zealand 0800 number, lol. 0800 451 097 - Ext. 2262. Same deals, Basic $170 NZ, Standard $330 NZ and Elite $550 NZ. If it was secure it would have the paypal security lock up by the web address bar. This clearly wasn't secure, as it sat in the middle of their page on their website. Beware!!!

• Jm
      17th of Aug, 2011

Hi my name is Jo and yes I am a real person, however after putting this up it will only be taken down by this organisation that's only doing fraud encounters... I am an an associate of my place for hosting for nearly 2 yrs now. they are always available on call or via email. I never have to wait for them to get back to me. I have 9 websites and they are all legitimate I have a Paypal account set up and my money is always transferred at the start of each month. My question is??? how can this be fraud when they pay me on time due to people shopping on my associated websites and thats not to mention my referrals when people sign up to have their own on-line business such as mine. I can't fault My Place for Hosting they have always been there for me! They gave one on one (over the phone) on-line training for 6 months. They would set a time and date which was always to suit me best as I live in Australia .So surely if they were fraudulent would you spend so much time with clients and pay them commissions!!! Oh by the way... yes they are in Arizona however really, with todays technology with internet, phone, and skype they're really not that far away at all!!!