Myperfectvilla / Charging for things that were not damaged

Spain, Spain Review updated:
Catalunya casas villa rentals
Phone: 34674396872
We re tented a villa in Costa dorada for 9 days my daughter had to give her card details over and 500 euros in case of damage .there was 4 adults and three children ..they have taken 188.00 euros for damage apparently caused by U.S. To which I vent it'll deny 1, there was some scratches at the top of the stairs on the laminate floor which is dark born I did not see this at any time no one while there worse shoes up there as it was the top floor.second they say a ornament was broken not by Us. And on the log details it's said all bedding was to be place on each bed.so I personally started stripping the beds the main pillow had a proper cover on which I realised should maybe have been left on when the pillow came out it was one whole pillow and Haley of one which filled the pillow case.they are say we damage it (errrr how is this) and the kettle on arrival it did not have the filter in the spout it was sitting on top of the kettle and like us in the UK it was place in the spout wan rests on the lid so err not broken like they are saying. So to take 188. 00 euros from my daughters account is daylight robbery I won't let this drop because they are out of order and think they can do what ever they want because we are back home I. The UK I am very disappointed in this company and the way it deals with its customers !!
Aug 3, 2015

D  5th of Aug, 2015 by
Hi Sandra,

Thank you for your concern and we appreciate you looking out for your family but we are wondering if you have spoken with your daughter regarding this matter? We have in fact informed Samantha that we did find damages but will not charge for many of the items as they are easily replaced and we don't want to charge anyone if not absolutely necessary. The deep scratches in the hardwood floor were our main concern. Samantha informed us that your group moved a heavy bed from the room where the scratches were found into another room and also an antique wooden chest was moved around in the same room. This was the exact location where we found the deep grooves out of the hardwood floor. Your daughter informed us that while they did not notice these damages, it indeed could have been them. While the final bill was well over 500 Euros to repair the hardwood floor, we only charged a fraction of the price and have ourselves assumed the rest of the cost for the owner. We take great pride in customer service and maintaining client relationships and have thousands of satisfied customers who return to our services every year. We perform extensive damage and quality checks before and after each reservation and can assure you that we take every measure possible NOT to deduct any money from our clients security deposit; however we do rent private homes by private owners and damages must be accounted for maintain the high quality of homes that we offer. We understand that accidents happen and by no means was this intentional damage; We feel that we have been very fair in this resolution especially as your daughter was in agreement with our findings. We love hosting families in our villas and do hope that you understand our point of view. We would be thrilled to welcome your family again at anytime for your next holiday.

Kind Regards,
Lidia Chambers
Catalunya Casas Customer Service.