Mypeekapoos.com aka Cameo Kennels aka Amy McCrary / Puppy

1 Akron, OH, United States Review updated:

In November 2015 I saw on her website that she was expecting a litter of peekapoos in December 2015. I called her, and she sounded legit, so I sent her a $500 deposit via my credit card. In Dec. I was told it was a false pregnancy but she had another dog in heat and had already bred her. I called in February to see how the dog was and she said the dog was possibly pregnant and would be due March 1. In March, she stopped answering my calls. I finally called her on a different cell and she picked up. She told me there were no puppies, but had 2 other dogs pregnant, however, she was too busy to talk that I should email her. I did email her and she finally emailed back saying that both dogs were due in May. In May, I saw on her website she was advertising a litter of puppies for sale, I called, no answer. So I used yet another cell and she answered, yes, puppies were just born. I picked out a female puppy, and was excited and happy. 3 days later I get an email from her that the puppy died, - yes after 6 months an email that your puppy died - BUT she was expecting yet another litter soon. After being baited for 6 months I realized there was never going to be a puppy and my gut feeling was right. I contacted my credit card company and luckily got my deposit back since she couldn't produce/deliver a puppy. What I learned: 1. A good legitimate breeder will put you on a waiting list without taking a deposit, 2. Only takes your deposit after you see pictures and pick out your puppy, and 3. Takes your phone calls and is never too busy to talk to you - this is their business. Happily, I finally did get a puppy from a breeder in WV. They're not all scammers.

Ca
Oct 29, 2016

Comments

• El
      25th of Apr, 2018

In good faith, In February 2018 sent Amy McCrary the owner of Cameo kennels a $500 deposit on a white female Pekingese Puppy that was to be born in March 2018. As per numerous e-mails, a puppy was never born. Not wanting to wait for this new family member an indefinite amount of time, In mid April, after being informed by Amy that no puppy had yet been born. I asked for my $500 deposit back. She said "No", and I could use it toward a puppy someday. I do not wish to wait indefinitely for a white Pekingese puppy, and frankly don't wish to deal with this breeder anymore. The breeder informed me she spent my money already. She then lied and said that she sent me my puppy and falsified delivery confirmation to Paypal. BEWARE! I basically handed this woman $500 and she stole it, and no puppy, no refund.

@EliseAB

15th of Aug, 2018

The saga continues... After refusing to reimburse me, I was informed there was a new litter expected if I would just be patient. I was then told that the litter died of canine influenza, and I need to wait for the "next" litter.. a lot like the woman above, as well as others I have since spoken to

• Be
      6th of Sep, 2018

This also happen to myself as well. I gave her a deposit for a pekingese puppy in July and she said she would let me know once the puppies were born the end of the month. A month a went by and nothing. So I contacted her in mid August and she said both pregnant females litters died last week, but she had another female due next month. A good legit breeder would have let the client know of that issue immediately . That day has come and what do you know no response again. She has now stop answering my emails and calls. Someone needs to get this lady sued. She now is just taking checks, cash deposit and Wal-mart to Wal-mart transfers.
    These are her two websites that I know of she has: https://www.mypekingese.com and https://www.mypeekapoos.com.

13th of Sep, 2018

All of these people's deposits were refunded. I have been breeding dogs for 31 years and these are the only people complaining. II cannot help if i breed a dog or a puppy dies. I am a good breeder and have many many references

13th of Sep, 2018

Two people in 31 years isn't too bad, if they were patient they would have a puppy. I cannot help it if i breed a dog and she doesn't get pregnant or a puppy dies, bad things happen sometimes

14th of Sep, 2018

No they weren't. You seem to be confused of who you sent who it seems. Don't try to say all these have been refunded when you clearly haven't. You can provide "actual" proof and none of that fake documents you been trying to provide. My bank account says otherwise. Seems the 31 years of breeding if finally slowing down and you want to pocket money from others who live out of state.

14th of Sep, 2018

Lese Able‎ to Breeder Reviews (of Bad Transactions, Scams, etc.)
    August 21 at 10:39 PM
    UPDATE 9/14/18. AFTER 7 LONG MONTHS OF FIGHTING, PAYPAL WAS FINALLY ABLE TO GET MY MONEY BACK IN LATE AUGUST! IT WAS NOT VOLUNTARILY REFUNDED BY
    THE BREEDER, BUT TAKEN BACK - THANK YOU, PAYAL! NOTE: Paypal mistakenly refunded my deposit to the wrong account, a not for profit that I run, called Fox Wood Wildlife Rescue, Inc. Fox wood will keep that money as a donation and use it to rescue more dogs and wildlife. Please don't send your money to someone you don't know over the internet! Lesson Learned, and I hope you all learn from my bad experience!
    $500 "Non-refundable" Deposit in February 2018 for a Pekingese puppy due out of several "anticipated litters due in March". Still no puppy, Cameo Kennels, Amy McCrary, Akron, Ohio breeder, says she spent my money, and all puppies supposedly being born have "died"... She wants me to keep waiting. BUYER BEWARE! Numerous similar complaints, no puppy ever transpires. Shouldn't deposit money be held in escrow? Shouldn't a reputable breeder return deposit if their end of the deal isn't held?

26th of Sep, 2018

Here are the refunded deposits to those ladies who keep saying I never refunded their money
    She is lying. she opened a dispute with paypal and they decided in my favor because my website clearly says deposits are non refundable. I paid her thru paypal it was my decision not paypal's I did the reversals myself
    Transaction details
    There is an open dispute associated with this transaction. Visit Resolution Center to view status
    Reversal sent to Rebecca Flores
    September 14, 2018 at 6:55:01 AM PDT
    Transaction ID: 6KH55175ME435481R
    Payment Status: Completed
    Gross amount
    -$500.00 USD
    We have no postal address on file
    Transaction Activity Details Gross amount Fee amount Net amount
    $0.00 USD
    Net Amount
    Contact info
    Rebecca Flores
    The receiver of this payment is Unverified
    beckyflores86@gmail.com

10812 Egret Pointe Lane
    West Palm Beach, FL 33412
    203-906-8060
    Unconfirmed

Add tracking infoPrint packing slip

Seller protection
    Eligible
    Eligible when you ...

Ship to the address on this page.
    Save your tracking or shipping info.
    Follow the requirements for seller protection.

Transaction Activity Details Gross amount Fee amount Net amount
    Net Amount
    $1, 601.85 USD
    Paid by
    Lauren Kalman
    The sender of this payment is Verified
    laurenitzikowitz@icloud.com