MYOMNIPOD / THEY DONT CARE

1 MA, United States Review updated:

DIABETIC USERS BEWARE -- this company is a joke, they dont know how to gather benefits and when they do they are wrong. They are all about making sales and not caring of the impact it has on diabetic users once they leave this product. I had to deal with a Michael Semiao (Billing Manager) what a joke, this guy doesnt return calls!!!

Comments

• El
      22nd of Feb, 2010

I'm having an issue with them as well. I was told that my insurance co. would cover the pump. Now it turns out they don't and they want to charge me for it. Never mind this happened 2 years ago. When they were sending me the supplies they said it wouldn't be a problem. They only call to pester me that I owe them that money. When I tell explain to them the situation, they say they'll look into it and will give me a call later. They never do.

• Ls
      26th of Mar, 2010

Insulet Corporation, makers of Omnipod, is a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE company.
    Their pods are poorly made.
    Thei constantly beep due to "errors" and inclusions.
    The pods are wasteful as you lose insulin when there is an error with the pod.
    The amount of plastic in the pods harms the environment.
    The pods are heavy.
    The pods are poorly designed.
    I was on the the OmniPod system for 6 months. During that time period, I went into DKA twice. This was costly and life-threatening.
    I have been diabetic for 22 years; prior to starting on OmniPod, I had never gone into DKA.
    Following these events, I called Insulet Corp. SEVERAL times to tell them I no longer wanted to use their product and wanted a full refund.
    Customer Service does not exist within this company. When you talk to customer service reps, billing reps, etc. they are curt and unprofessional.
    Phone calls consistently go unanswered.
    Omnipod is a terrible poduct which NEVER should have been released in the US.
    Shame on you, Insulet Corp. You company is terrible and unacceptable.

• Do
      23rd of Aug, 2013

Sales should be stopped till there is better quality control of their products. Customer service since July 2013 has been discontinued. No live person, no call backs. Where is the government in this? How many deaths do we need before we get government action?