MyMp3Live.com / Internet fraud

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I wanted to download kazaa. I clicked on the download icon, the subscription page that came up, said I could get 2 years membership for 99p per month. I thought this was reasonable so I excepted, went through the procedure at the end of which I ended up on a page that said I had been charged ?23 but made no sense to me compared with what I had expected, it certainly was not kazaa.

My computer then started installing something but then just stopped. I could not find what was attempting to install so I thought my request had simply been rejected.I thought no more about it as I didn't really mind not spending the money.

The next thing I know is that 63.77 had been taken from my bank account by a company I had never heard of, after investigating I discovered the money had been taken by MYMP3LIVE.COM and that I had elected to subscribe to extras which I did not. I then sent them an e-mail through their support link, stating that I wanted my money back as a matter of urgency as I certainly could not afford this amount, to which I've had no reply.

I've also rang my bank, but was informed that because I had used a debit card, I had virtually no chance of getting my money back, because it was my money, but if I had used a credit card then that would have been the banks money and they would be more successful in retrieving their money.

I have since tried to go back through the same support link on their web page and it is now coming up with an invalid site request. I now do not know what to do, but certainly know I am in debt, as I did not have enough money to pay for a direct debit which had been due to be taken before I had discovered what these people had done and they cannot be allowed to get away with this robbing people!!!

If anyone has any suggestions as to where I go from here or can help in any way. PLEASE, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Va

More MyMp3Live.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

21st of Jan, 2007

Last Sunday I was charged to my credit card this amount 78.72 and I did not authorize this. I can not get a hold of anyone to talk this matter over.

• Ga
      22nd of Jan, 2007

First I thought this company was affiliated with iTunes. Turns out they're not. I ordered 3 years worth of downloading of iTunes. I used my chard card. I was suppose to receive in e-mail my instructions on how to set up. It never showed up even after several attempts to have them resend it. I even entered email "support" to them directly but still that didn't do any good. These online scam artist need to be shut down.

• Sf
      25th of Jan, 2007

I was purchasing an Itunes gift certificate and after posting my billing information a new billing screen came up and I re-entered my information. At the end of the transaction I was informed I had purchased a "membership" for software and the charge would appear on my credit card as MYMP3LIVE.COM ,a company I had never heard of.

I knew instantly something was wrong. I cancelled my credit card and am in the process of trying to get a full refund from this company.

There are of course no phone numbers or ways to reach this company except through an email to customer service. I requested a refund and got an email back that you are unable to reply to, stating all the reasons I should not cancel my membership (that I was deceived into getting) and that if I did cancel they would charge me a $14.95 US service fee. I have contacted my credit card company who informed me there were many other similar complaints about this company and that MYMPCLIVE.COM had authorized a charge of over $90 to my credit card. You need to provide the credit card company with your request for a refund in writing.

I am not the kind of person who lets things like this go so I would appreciate any other avenues people could suggest that I try to ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else in the future.

25th of Jan, 2007

I was trying to get onto I tunes for my son's Ipod and the web sight obviously interrupted, I thought I was paying for I tunes and turns out I didn't get any service with them, but instead paid MYMP3LIVE.COM for a service I have yet to receive. I thought this was authentic since it loaded an I tunes short cut to my desk top, but my user ID and password they provided me doesn't exist with I tunes. I would love to have my 79.35 back!

• Th
      25th of Jan, 2007

I wanted to download dcplusplus and i was charged £43.21 and later i discovered i was charged £64.86 and i have never even used the service.

• Mi
      25th of Jan, 2007

First day with my I pod, went to hook it up and I come across this site. I start clicking to look more into it and it tells me my purchase is confirmed. It then asks me if I agree to terms and conditions. I dont click on it and still receive a bill for something, I know nothing about and does not exist. I will continue my hunt for the persons responsible for this. And pay them a little personal visit.

• We
      25th of Jan, 2007

I filled out my information and never submitting it. I was charged $68.94 that overdrafted my account and i would like to be reimbursed for my overdraft charge for 34.00 dollars a day for a account that does not exist.there is no password or anyway i can get into this account if i wanted to. Please notify me if anyone out there can get in touch with anybody from that website. I think they are scammers. The total on my bank account overdraft for this is 183.00

• Ar
      29th of Jan, 2007

On 22 Jan 2007 I downloaded a free malware scanner from IP-MYMP3LIVE.COM. I did not register for or order the malware wiper but my Visa was debited for the value of that product.

• Ri
      29th of Jan, 2007

I was trying to find a program to convert cassette tapes to cd........i ended up with these people. I have complained and tried to get it removed the first day. There is no one to contact. I have left emails and tried to find them. I don't even know what it is. It just has a lot of free shareware? Can anyone help?

• Va
      1st of Feb, 2007

Two charges on my account for a total of $89.68 for services i don't know about.

8th of Feb, 2007

I signed up for mymp3live.com and cannot download any music. I have been trying to get in touch with someone in the company to let them know that i cannot download any music. No one answers my e-mails or phone calls. They owe me $55.00

• Je
      11th of Feb, 2007

I was looking for i-Tune's, which is free by the way, and got the mymp3live.com they charged my credit card $70 and refuse to refund me. I didn't want their service and finally have a phone # to try and contact someone so here is the # if it helps anyone else out. These people are a scam and I pray no one else gets taken in by them. mymp3live.com (888)448-6889.

• St
      13th of Feb, 2007

I have been debited over £120 by them when I have just been trying to access music. I am at a loss of how to get it back and need help. My bank have just referred me onto them. I need help ...I feel really aggrieved by this and properly ripped off...