mylife.com / unauthorized charges

In February 2009, I signed up with MyLife.Com for $60 in hopes of finding old classmates. This site turned out to be a waste of good money. Then, in March of 2009 an amount of $19.95 was charged to my bank card. I had been traveling and thought that I must have lost track of a receipt.

BUT - in April a charge for the same amount of $19.95 was charged to my bank card.

I tried calling the number listed next to the charge with the name of SavingsAce. The number was totally automated and wanted my card number to get any kind of response. But the automation kept repeating the numbers back to me out of order, so I just hung up after several tries.

I immediately called my bank and went in to sign dispute papers. We canceled my card. I found this Web Site and see that I am not the only person with the very same problem.

Let's get these guys and hopefully even our $60 from MyLife.

Ra

Comments

• Ke
      5th of May, 2009

I changed internet providers and lost my email addresses. I did a search to see if I could find it and Email Finders popped up. For 1.95 for 1 email address I of course tried to go for it. After giving my payment information I was given other options of things to purchase and I denied all of them. At the point when I was told to hit next for my requested e-mail address I was all of a sudden sent to My Life.com (formerly Reunion.com) I immediately dropped out of the web site as at that moment realizing I'd been scammed into something, I didn't want to begin with.

I then received an e-mail confirmation from e-mail finders.com thanking me for joining and advising me they would be taking $23.40 out of my account and that I was a member for 1 year. I was furious and reported them to the Internet Crime Unit, Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's office. I consider myself pretty internet savy but this was real slick and like a first class fool I fell for it. Please beware of these websites.

• Em
      27th of Jun, 2009

Thanks for mentioning canceling your card. I will do that Monday.
    They have cancellation of account info, but it's a phone number and one gets put on hold.
    Maybe it was because of the online story i read last week and many people got the message?

• Aj
      19th of Jul, 2009

What happened to Raul has happened to me. I've since had to cancel my credit card in order to stop any further theft by Mylife.com. Just as well for those criminals that I live around the other side of the world.

5th of Aug, 2009

I am an attorney researching the business practices of WWW.REUNION.COM and WWW.MYLIFE.COM.
    I am interested in their practices as it relates to the SCRAPING OF EMAIL ADDRESS BOOKS.

Here's a few questions for all:

1) were you enticed to visit reunion.com after an email came to you, appearing like it was from a friend, inviting you to join reunion.com?

2) do you feel the terms of service and privacy policy noted on the site explained what exactly reunion.com was going to do to your email address book?

3) Were your email address contacts emailed an invitation to join reunion.com after receiving an invitation which claimed you sent them the invite?

4) was your email address book hijacked?

So as to support my interest and qualify my identity, I would refer you to a few of my recent cases I filed this past year, so that you can confirm that I do represent individuals in internet privacy matters. Google my recent cases:

lane v facebook,

valentine v nebuad

simon v adzilla

Once you locate these cases, review the atorneys noted, and then confirm I have the same email as the attorney noted on the lawsuit:

"Attorney Joseph H Malley
    malleylaw@gmail.com"

Anyone with information, please contact me in confidence at: malleylaw@gmail.com

thanks
    Joe Malley
    Dallas Texas

• Ss
      1st of Sep, 2009

It seems that this company called "Shopping Essentials" was able to obtain my debit card number when I signed up for Mylife.com - There are a number of stories associated with mylife giving out information. This company "Shopping Essentials" has been accessing my checking account since January for 29.95 oer month. I have requested that the money be refunded by Shopping Essentials. After looking into this, I see that this has been occuring to many people through companies with similiar names. I did file a report for with the BBB locally in IL, but the company appears to have so many different names and addresses that it may be hard to locate them. So thanks for sharing your stories! I will wait and see if the BBB does anything if not, then I will go to the state's DA and file complaints.

Sheri

3rd of Aug, 2010

They have taken money out of my account without my authorization, that is stealing right?
    Then a year later after i had already contacted the company they charged me again, i wonder if they thaught i wouldn't notice...
    They use spyware to infiltrate peoples private information, now they have comercials on the TV, they are lawbreakers and are using ill gotten gains to advertise now. This organization needs to be investigated. My biggest concern is that there are probably many customers of theirs that are unaware they are recieving anual charges from mylife.com, because they don't need your authorization once they have your info.

• Gw
      7th of Feb, 2011

My Name is Gwendoln Jemison, I'm writing to cancellation or Mylife website because of the money was taken
    out of my bank last month

• Gw
      7th of Feb, 2011

What do you want me to say.